Seahawks sign Jerome Baker LB

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Yeah, comp pick is nice but without knowing much about Baker, it's pretty obvious that Miami preferred Brooks (and we probably did too), so not sure how I feel about this overall.

That said... we need LBs, so glad we signed another.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
When healthy, I like Baker a lot more than Brooks. Good in coverage, can tackle, and can rush the QB. At least that's what my old eyes saw when watching Dolphins games.

I, for one, really like this signing.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, comp pick is nice but without knowing much about Baker, it's pretty obvious that Miami preferred Brooks (and we probably did too), so not sure how I feel about this overall.

That said... we need LBs, so glad we signed another.
How do we know that? Baker has far more sacks than rooks has. Both have had their injuries, but when healthy they seem pretty even outside of one gets a lot more sacks.

Scout

Reaction score
Baker is fantastic and he is always around the LoS very scrappy.

Every year when the Bucs and Dolphins do their scrimmages or their pre season game match ups Baker is always around the ball. Great addition to the front seven. When Flores was there he would move Baker around as the LOS even have him bail into zone coverage. Mac does similiar things as well when using cover 0 or cover 1.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
If Jerome Baker is healthy, we got a really good deal for him. Both Dodson and Baker are more highly rated than Jordyn Brooks. They are both very active linebackers and good in coverage, which is important in Macdonald's defense. PFF gives Dodson a 88.4 and Baker a 74.4 rating in pass coverage.

Last season, Wagner and Brooks had pass coverage grades of 60.0 and 59.9. Macdonald's two LBs had grades of 83.2 (Smith) and 74.4 (Queen). So I'll take 88.4 and 74.4.

Jville

Reaction score
A couple of film presentations from the same source.

................. to me, it looks like everybody won.