Seahawks supporter charged with assaulting rival fan at Cent

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Personally, I've never bought into that "sticks and stones adage". It's nonsense. Words do hurt.

An aggressor relentlessly directing verbal abuse at an individual or individuals is an assualt.

mp1375

Reaction score
jkitsune":2bhsjfcn said:
The story above makes me wonder if the incident in the article and the incident that was witnessed are actually the same ones. No doubt there's more than one assault in a crowd of 70,000 on a given day.

It's the same incident

reenie5

Reaction score
All, speaking from the person who was standing next to the man who was assaulted,( in her Hawks gear btw), the media has this story reported correctly. In fact, the report is using exact wording from multiple witness statements, as well as the person being charged. On that note, the guys who some are saying the Vikings fan was heckling and looking up at throughout the game causing problems, were the witnesses whose statements were a huge reason the city of Seattle decided to press charges. As a 12th man (woman) I think it is more than ok to take a break from our full time jobs and 3 children to attend a game at what I believe is the greatest stadium in the best city with the best fans, especially when our teams are battling it out on the field. We were harassed the whole time we were at the game, some more aggressive than others. But we also had TRUE 12th man fans who invite the opposing teams fan and were giving us a hard time out of fun but very inviting. This guy came out of nowhere and hit my husband, the assault pictures clearly show this. He also tried assaulting another guy as he was running from the scene and told a security officer "don't try to stop me". If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what planet your on. For those of you who say he deserved it, you are talking about a vet who served this country in Iraq, works 60 hrs a week for his 3,5, and 13 year old children, and a loving husband, who could be a vegetable or dead now if his head would of hit harder or a different way.Looking down and seeing the father of your children's eyes roll in the back of his head and blood flowing around his head on the ground,while someone telling you that your husband is in serious condition is a memory I will never forget. Luckily someone was watching over him and he ended up recovering from his injuries, but the next person who this jerk does this to may not. The battle needs to stay on the field and the 12th man needs to stick by this and represent. I can guarantee our Hawks agree. Lastly, our family is moving past this and letting the justice system do their job. Now lets get those Niners... Go Hawks!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks for updating us.

Relieved to hear that you and your family are moving on.

Go Hawks!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Even if every Viking fan were knocked out, it still wouldn't make up for the Hutch deal.

mp1375

Reaction score
reenie5":1hnig2o9 said:
All, speaking from the person who was standing next to the man who was assaulted,( in her Hawks gear btw), the media has this story reported correctly. In fact, the report is using exact wording from multiple witness statements, as well as the person being charged. On that note, the guys who some are saying the Vikings fan was heckling and looking up at throughout the game causing problems, were the witnesses whose statements were a huge reason the city of Seattle decided to press charges. As a 12th man (woman) I think it is more than ok to take a break from our full time jobs and 3 children to attend a game at what I believe is the greatest stadium in the best city with the best fans, especially when our teams are battling it out on the field. We were harassed the whole time we were at the game, some more aggressive than others. But we also had TRUE 12th man fans who invite the opposing teams fan and were giving us a hard time out of fun but very inviting. This guy came out of nowhere and hit my husband, the assault pictures clearly show this. He also tried assaulting another guy as he was running from the scene and told a security officer "don't try to stop me". If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what planet your on. For those of you who say he deserved it, you are talking about a vet who served this country in Iraq, works 60 hrs a week for his 3,5, and 13 year old children, and a loving husband, who could be a vegetable or dead now if his head would of hit harder or a different way.Looking down and seeing the father of your children's eyes roll in the back of his head and blood flowing around his head on the ground,while someone telling you that your husband is in serious condition is a memory I will never forget. Luckily someone was watching over him and he ended up recovering from his injuries, but the next person who this jerk does this to may not. The battle needs to stay on the field and the 12th man needs to stick by this and represent. I can guarantee our Hawks agree. Lastly, our family is moving past this and letting the justice system do their job. Now lets get those Niners... Go Hawks!

Very sorry you had to deal with it - for those of us that were not there - Clocking a dude over a game is never the right thing to do. Glad he is okay - Go hawks