Seahawks way too early 2024 three round mock draft

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I agree with Chevy, cactusjack your a troll. Stop looking at mock drafts and watch some football. There is 9 NFL QB needy teams, 10 counting the Hawks. Christ if Kenny Pickett is a 1st rd pick, then
Williams
Drake
Nix
Penix
Sanders (if enters draft)
McCarthy
Leonard
Ewers
Ward
Travis

All more then have a chance of going In the 1st rd.
What in God's name do you need to see from McCarthy other then a lil better arm. He is playing some damn good ball, but you can't see that in your mock drafts. The 1st rd will be dominated by QB & OT book it!
While I agree with you on how many QB-needy teams there are going into next year, I don't necessarily agree with you that they'll pick a QB in the first round. I think Pickett was an outlier instead of what we'll expect to see, but I could be wrong. While there are plenty of teams that need a QB going into next year, some might not view the QB they want as a first rounder if there's a more generational or pressing need available at the time. The NFL draft is a gamble, some teams either will or will not view other players as "shinier".

For example, Titans took Skoronksi in the first round before taking Levis in the 2nd round. Levis was projected to be a 1st rounder on multiple mock sites. There were only about 3-4 QB's that were expected to be picked in the 1st round this past draft (depending on what Mock Drafts sites you viewed), and sure enough there was only 3 taken in the first round, Levis was the only QB taken in the 2nd.

Other than the teams who took QB's in the 1st round this year, Saints, Cards, (Possibly) Rams (because of Stafford's health issues at the time), (Possibly) Falcons, (Possibly) Buccaneers, and (Possibly) Dolphins (as an insurance policy due to Tua suffering back-to-back concussions last year) needed a QB heading into this past draft and none of those teams took one in the 1st round.

12forlife

Reaction score
While I agree with you on how many QB-needy teams there are going into next year, I don't necessarily agree with you that they'll pick a QB in the first round. I think Pickett was an outlier instead of what we'll expect to see, but I could be wrong. While there are plenty of teams that need a QB going into next year, some might not view the QB they want as a first rounder if there's a more generational or pressing need available at the time. The NFL draft is a gamble, some teams either will or will not view other players as "shinier".

For example, Titans took Skoronksi in the first round before taking Levis in the 2nd round. Levis was projected to be a 1st rounder on multiple mock sites. There were only about 3-4 QB's that were expected to be picked in the 1st round this past draft (depending on what Mock Drafts sites you viewed), and sure enough there was only 3 taken in the first round, Levis was the only QB taken in the 2nd.

Other than the teams who took QB's in the 1st round this year, Saints, Cards, (Possibly) Rams (because of Stafford's health issues at the time), (Possibly) Falcons, (Possibly) Buccaneers, and (Possibly) Dolphins (as an insurance policy due to Tua suffering back-to-back concussions last year) needed a QB heading into this past draft and none of those teams took one in the 1st round.
While see what your saying, and even agree to a point. Using Tennessee as an example of sound draft strategy I don't give much merit to that. If a team believes that their QBOTF is on the board then your pulling the trigger or even moving up for them. If a QB needy team is on the board and their Guy is even thought of as a 2nd rd talent they wouldn't pass him for say OT or DE. Either way if you don't have a competent or elite QB your nothing in the NFL. Look you can always trade for or pick up a stud OT or DE in FA. How often is say a Allen, Mahome, Hurts or Herbert ever available. So if your QB is there in the draft you better not get cute, and go get the sum bitch!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
While see what your saying, and even agree to a point. Using Tennessee as an example of sound draft strategy I don't give much merit to that. If a team believes that their QBOTF is on the board then your pulling the trigger or even moving up for them. If a QB needy team is on the board and their Guy is even thought of as a 2nd rd talent they wouldn't pass him for say OT or DE. Either way if you don't have a competent or elite QB your nothing in the NFL. Look you can always trade for or pick up a stud OT or DE in FA. How often is say a Allen, Mahome, Hurts or Herbert ever available. So if your QB is there in the draft you better not get cute, and go get the sum bitch!
Those are some valid points, I definitely agree with the last sentence though!