Seattle Mariners @ Chicago Cubs Apr 10-12

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I’d leave him where he is at, I wouldn’t change a thing with him right now.
If we had a natural lead off hitter not named Julio I’d eventually move him to the 2nd hole with his speed, hit Julio 3rd.
Julio has not been hitting lately,I like the thought of switching him out to 3
JK should be moved up..He looks like he's figured out things.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At what point do they move JK up in the lineup, and at what point do they bat JK against lefties?

I would move him up soon, but not sure if I would make him an everyday player quite yet.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Julio will be fine. He's still making good contact. JK deserves to be up to probably 5th. I'm the biggest JK hater but hes having a good time right now so, let's see.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Ms have runners on all three bases, just one out. So obviously, a double play coming up shortly.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, it didn't happen! And now Kelenic's up with bases again loaded. Hmm.

Chapow

Reaction score
It makes every AB a fun surprise. No one has any idea what the strike zone is. 6 inches outside, STRIKE! Paint the corner ( and I don't mean borderline, I mean half the ball is clearly over the plate), BALL!

I get that it's not easy and some calls will be missed, but this whole series has seen way too many egregiously horrible calls.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Ms have runners on all three bases, just one out. So obviously, a double play coming up shortly.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, it didn't happen! And now Kelenic's up with bases again loaded. Hmm.
Such things are not inevitable. :LOL:

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Looks like Gilbert is done after 6.2. Great outing. Let's hope the bullpen can hold them. Need 7 more outs.

Nice insurance run. (y)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Brash got us out of the 7th. Maybe tack on another run or two. Please. 🙏

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow. He is just LOCKED IN. Living up to why they were so high on him. Took him awhile yes, but again, he's only 23 years old.
Hernandez hit the ball hard several times and wasn't getting it to fall. That one was destroyed.

It's no secret the start of this season has been BRUTAL. But damn it will be nice if we finish this off. SO many blown games so far this year. Basically the opposite of the last 2 seasons.

Chapow

Reaction score
As much as the past 3 games before today have sucked a big floppy donkey dick, going 3-3 on a 6 game road trip to Cleveland and Chicago is not bad. Certainly not great, but not bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not upset about Teoscar (or worried), he's a good player, he will come around. (The problem with Teoscar is that he's a free agent after this year.)

As I said earlier, the Wong trade made no sense. Even at the time of the trade, no one thought it would be a significant upgrade over Frazier. I just assumed that they made the trade to get rid of Winker, which was just your typical buy-high sell-low proposition. Jerry, didn't your daddy teach you anything? Did you sell your stocks at their low point, also?

Pollack and LaStella are low-cost veteran additions, not bad bench players, and way too early to write them off. It's clear, though, that we miss Dylan Moore.
Julio has not been hitting lately,I like the thought of switching him out to 3
JK should be moved up..He looks like he's figured out things.
Julio will be fine as soon as he gets out of “chase” mode.
JK just hit another one out for his 2nd hit of the day.