Shane Waldron

keasley45

Reaction score
TreeRon":32v8il0g said:
If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.

I dont think he has to worry about that. Those who make decisions about who to hire know not to judge the performance of his offense based on broadcast tape. They also know the situation he's in in Seattle.

toffee

Reaction score
TreeRon":2yqjf8mv said:
If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.

Many things will change this off season, although I think it's one year too late. Good chance either Pete or Russ won't be around. If we change HC, the new guy probably wants to bring in his own crew. It gets more interesting if Pete stays,

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2kz7wlob said:
Just like last year, I think the plays that are being called work pretty well. The design is getting guys open. Next step is just getting the ball there.

What I don't like is the constant abandoning of the run game and TE's. It makes the offense one dimensional. Not sure who mandated the passes to TE against GB but it worked well when we did it.
Waldron needs to dial more of that up.

I think Waldron said it in his PC, His offense is about the timing of the play getting rid of the ball at the right time... That is not what Russ is used to so I can see how that might be an adjustment for Russ, his O is better suited for Geno I think ...but yeah I agree about the run game we know what Collins can do but I'm really hoping that Penny has a break out game... I can see that Penny might be really good at screens the Hawks are not so good at that but I'm wondering if we are going to see this against AZ... I think if he doesn't break out soon he might not have another chance past this year that makes me sad because I like Penny he is a good kid and I'm so rooting for him...

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":k5tjv3ky said:
hawkfan68":k5tjv3ky said:
I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.
I did enjoyed Bevell's trick plays.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
His “trick play” cost the team a Lombardi trophy.

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2oohov3k said:
toffee":2oohov3k said:
hawkfan68":2oohov3k said:
I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.

I'm among those who think that Lombardi moment and game winning outcome was delivered by a highly disruptive defensive back. But that's not on topic. So, I'll leave it at that.

hawks85

Reaction score
It's not Waldron. Wilson needs to stop running around like his god damn head is cut off. Everybody on this forum blames Waldron the O-line etc...it's F'ing Wilson. Dude needs to learn how to read the defenses and adjust.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2h4iizyt said:
toffee":2h4iizyt said:
hawkfan68":2h4iizyt said:

Conspiracy theory without evidence : passing play was an audible?

SlickRick

Reaction score
Brian Schottenheimer not gonna lie , I though he was decent. Felt like Him & Wilson got along great. They even had the Jesus Piece thing going. Wilson likes Waldron but not the way he did Schotty in my opinion.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I know you want to get away from Wilson/Carroll, but it's impossible to grade Waldron with those two hanging over his head.

The root cause of our offensive problems are those guys. Waldron has designed some decent stuff. Wilson simply doesn't read the field the way he needs to for this offense and he isn't willing to run the offense the way we just saw Colt McCoy do. He wants this homerun balls.

My grade for Waldron at this point would be 'Incomplete'.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
It's all on the defense this season. How many clock eating drives are they gonna give up or extending plays with drive extending penalties?Everyone and their Grand mother knows how scheme against this defense. Dink and dunk,then throw a screen for a first down.
Oh yeah... I keep hearing well... They don't give up much points?
Kiss my ass... It's ridiculous how much time of position the opposing offenses are eating up. Pete's got to grow some balls and fire knj now and take over calling the defensive plays. And if it's still this bad at the end of the season? I hope Jodi Allen has it in her to make a change.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

HD48

Reaction score
How can you rate him when its so obvious that PC is still calling most of the games?
Ever wondered while no matter the OC we still play the same crappy stuff? Well guess who's been there throughout....PC

So you cant really rate him but rather just feel sorry

John63

Reaction score
SlickRick":auw6ya6z said:
Brian Schottenheimer not gonna lie , I though he was decent. Felt like Him & Wilson got along great. They even had the Jesus Piece thing going. Wilson likes Waldron but not the way he did Schotty in my opinion.

U agree problem is he was tired of acquessing to PC. The OCs are the scape goats for PC. Read his book it will be obvious.

John63

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":2ni5hbb8 said:
I know you want to get away from Wilson/Carroll, but it's impossible to grade Waldron with those two hanging over his head.

The root cause of our offensive problems are those guys. Waldron has designed some decent stuff. Wilson simply doesn't read the field the way he needs to for this offense and he isn't willing to run the offense the way we just saw Colt McCoy do. He wants this homerun balls.

My grade for Waldron at this point would be 'Incomplete'.

I disagree I think Wilson. Is getting caught between what Waldron wants and what PC wants. Fyi he once again through morw short with in the offense than long.

John63

Reaction score
HD48":gesxolbn said:
How can you rate him when its so obvious that PC is still calling most of the games?
Ever wondered while no matter the OC we still play the same crappy stuff? Well guess who's been there throughout....PC

So you cant really rate him but rather just feel sorry
This and let's be real this was even before Wilson and with every team PC has been HC

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Many things will change this off season, although I think it's one year too late. Good chance either Pete or Russ won't be around. If we change HC, the new guy probably wants to bring in his own crew. It gets more interesting if Pete stays,
Words of wisdom my friend. Post of the year candidate from 11/20/21.

I was going to start a new thread commending Waldron for what he's done with the offense this season so far, and asking if anybody thinks he's a candidate for a head coaching position elsewhere next season.

Then this thread popped up, and your post. It's as if you had invested in a crystal ball. Things did get interesting, and now even more interesting. What a ride.

Thank you Shane Waldron!

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Words of wisdom my friend. Post of the year candidate from 11/20/21.

I was going to start a new thread commending Waldron for what he's done with the offense this season so far, and asking if anybody thinks he's a candidate for a head coaching position elsewhere next season.

Then this thread popped up, and your post. It's as if you had invested in a crystal ball. Things did get interesting, and now even more interesting. What a ride.

Thank you Shane Waldron!
And thank Pete Carroll.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm just enjoying watching a 21st Century offense for a change. Whether the fact that we haven't had that is on Pete or on Russ or some combination of the two, I don't care. We've been seeing some modern concepts of motion, misdirection, creative passing routes and zones, and playcalling. Now the playcalling has gotten a bit too cute a few times, but I'll chock that up to "youthful" enthusiasm by our new OC. Not ready to fire Waldron over that stuff yet. :)

Fade

Reaction score
Waldron is one of the best OC's in the NFL, and will be getting HC interviews very soon.

McVay misses him dearly.

I think they should promote him, so they don't lose him.