Should I feel guilty for not going to games?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I spent a lot on a HUGE tv, (there is no better seat anywhere, I probably the plays see better than PC)

I like beer and food they don't serve at the stadium, I like to be productive before and after the game whether is be work or play.
I like to fly my "12" flag for all the neighbors to see (up 10 minutes before the game, down 10-30 minutes after)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Nope. If you don't wanna be there, leave the seat for a 12 who does.

Cartire

Reaction score
This is the issue the NFL is wide aware of. Football (most the time) is just nicer on the big screen. I try to make one a year if I can because the atpmosphere is awesome. But otherwise, HD TV has made this game so much better.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":315xroni said:

I just don't like noisy crowds ANYWHERE! Y'know? Lookin' for others that feel the same. I support my team. I buy their stuff. (ok, I support the greedy NFL)

danbogart

Reaction score
I've gone to games and they lost every game I went to (even in AZ). As much as it kills me, even if someone gave me a ticket for free, I would turn it down.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
I feel you, I've had season tickets in the past. Your right that it is nice being able to kick back at your house, drink your beer, eat your food, etc. However there is nothing like going to the game, if I had the means, I would go to every game an fly to every road game. I know what you mean about being comfortable at home and I enjoy watching the Hawks at home every weekend, but would much rather be at the game.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1cwofqj5 said:
bestfightstory":1cwofqj5 said:

I just don't like noisy crowds ANYWHERE! Y'know? Lookin' for others that feel the same. I support my team. I buy their stuff. (ok, I support the greedy NFL)

Dude. I was supporting your decision. Not criticizing it. Do what works for you.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
falcongoggles":39onmtkj said:
I'm sure he wants to be there, he just likes the game all that much more from his house.

I do.... but I don't... really. I'm not normally serious, and this time.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
danbogart":31ddk72t said:
I've gone to games and they lost every game I went to (even in AZ). As much as it kills me, even if someone gave me a ticket for free, I would turn it down.

Do us all a favor then and stay away from the NO game on the 2nd of Dec. :th2thumbs:

iigakusei

Reaction score
As long as you arent hurting anyone - be a fan however you want. For me personally I love the gameday experience and being there. There are certain moments I can remember like they were yesterday and still feel inside me (confetti raining down after the 2005 NFC Championship game against Carolina, Beastquake against NO, Romo snap fumble etc.) that I have never gotten sitting in front of the TV.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Lol you should never feel guilty about not spending money on entertainment. Next time the NFL pays fans to watch games maybe you would have a case for feeling guilty.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I get it. I had season tickets from Erickson until after the super bowl (granted part of that was when I was in high school and my Dad was paying for them). But after 2005, I was about to graduate college and enter real life, and it got to be too expensive and felt like an obligation. Obviously we all love being AT the game, but the price of tickets, driving 90 mins to Seattle (and twice that on the way back), parking, food, and spending an entire Sunday on the game was too much. Now I make a game a year and it's great, but I don't miss dealing with everything that came with going to the games.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
iigakusei":my0n6u2c said:
As long as you arent hurting anyone - be a fan however you want. For me personally I love the gameday experience and being there. There are certain moments I can remember like they were yesterday and still feel inside me (confetti raining down after the 2005 NFC Championship game against Carolina, Beastquake against NO, Romo snap fumble etc.) that I have never gotten sitting in front of the TV.

That is my preference and reality, as well.

Now there is something to be said about watching the game in the living room with my father, brother and nephew that I just don't get at the stadium.

But, FOR ME, the memories of attending the Gideon Tate MNF packers game and the the 2005 first playoff victory in 23 years vs redskins and the NFC championship game a week later and the Beastquake game have an ENTIRELY different accentuation and hold a weight that is heavier than equally dynamic games such as the romo bobble and the patriots victory which I watched on television.

To each their own-the world would be a better place if everybody took their own autonomy more seriously and did things that made themselves truly content.

But, I am a bit of an experience collector and for me-for me-for me there is nothing like attending a Seahawks game in Seattle. Nothing.

Hell. I live in Minneapolis and make it to a few games a year and I feel guilty for not attending more!!! Now I don't feel guilty because I think I am suppose to be attending more. I feel guilty because I feel like I am depriving myself of those memories. Hahaha

To each their own.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I can see why people watch it at home I understand that HDTV is awesome but for me, I'd rather be at the game so I can see the whole play, not just what's shown on tv. Living in NY doesn't allow me to attend many games but I do go to at least 3 seahawks games a yr. and more if they make the playoffs.

I also understand if people live far away and don't want to commute or unable to spend extra money, but if you live close by and get season tickets in the 300 level, yes it's up a little high but they give you a great view, better then a lot of the 100 level seats-some tickets in the 300 level and low row are $55.00 each which is pretty good. Also, a game is only3hrs long, eat a big breakfast and eat when you get home. You don't have to buy overpriced food and drinks at a game.

Yes, it annoys me when people say its so expensive to go to a game. Public transportation, a ticket and a beer for under $80 bucks is awesome

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Do you spend money on merchandise once in a while? Not cheap crap but you know, a jersey one year, a hat and a shirt the next, or whatever. As long as you financially support the Seahawks organization to some reasonable degree within your means, you've got nothing to be ashamed of.

...Unless you're a bandwagon fan. :devil:

86Hawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":ywrsj409 said:
I spent a lot on a HUGE tv, (there is no better seat anywhere, I probably the plays see better than PC)

I like beer and food they don't serve at the stadium, I like to be productive before and after the game whether is be work or play.
I like to fly my "12" flag for all the neighbors to see (up 10 minutes before the game, down 10-30 minutes after)
I also love watching from home, but I also love being part of the action. I usually go to 4-5 games a year. That's why I don't have season tickets. I grew up watching the hawks on tv and its just as much a experience for me as going to the game. Do what makes you happy. Go hawks! :th2thumbs:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I live in Bellevue, so the drive is pretty easy other than TNF and MNF games. I can afford my nosebleed tickets. I am excited at the possibility of upgrades slowly every year until maybe one day I can be with the cool peeps. I love the feeling at games. To each their own :).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Obviously guilt is not a factor here. You should spend your entertainment dollars on whatever you enjoy.

That being said, if your real question is "Am I missing out?" then the answer is "sometimes." There are games and situations that you will remember seeing in person long after the short term fun from seeing it on TV has dissipated. As a kid, I went with a friend's family to the 1988 game against the Broncos. Most of the fans here as old or older than me probably remember the play on TV, but when Largent leveled that Broncos safety and then took that football back from him the Kingdome simply went nuts. It was an amazing experience, and being there in person was the difference for me in remembering it as a nice Seahawks moment vs. one of the best things to happen that year. There are moments like that quite often, and I have ended up regretting the ones that I missed seeing in person (Romo fumble).