SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hmmm...something has to be going on for Bennett to want out....we lose him for a 2nd rounder and the front 4 will look like swiss cheese...screw it sign Hardy!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think we need to take this with a grain of salt. Even if this report is true, and I'm not saying it is at this point because I'm not sold on the credibility of these media outlets, but even if it is, it's Michael Bennett we're talking about. He's kind of a flake ... we all know that ... but a lovable flake. He tends to just blurt out things without thinking them through, like the kissing your sister comment prior to the Super Bowl. That could entirely what is happening here. Maybe he's miffed that Graham was brought in over his brother with the upgrade at tight end. Maybe he holds a grudge against Graham. Maybe it is all about the money. Point is, Bennett's mood can shift like the changing wind, so before we start bad mouthing one of the life bloods of our defense or masterminding trade scenarios to the Falcons, remember who we're talking about. He's not riding a police bicycle out of Seattle any time soon.

GLio14

Reaction score
HawkFan72":277fg0bh said:
Please be nothing...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TerryBlountESPN/status/577897075838324736[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/577897294705475584[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/577897337336418305[/tweet]

Hopefully this was just Clarence Hill unnecessarily stirring the pot. Not having Bennett could really be detrimental for our D-Line.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I do recall Bennett crediting Quinn for his improvement as a player. They are really close and I wouldn't be surprised if DQ wants him in Atlanta. That doesn't mean they have can just have him though....

kidhawk

Reaction score
We don't essentially create any space trading Bennett. They may elect to split the dead money over 2 seasons, but it's still $6 million in dead money and he's due (guaranteed as of February 15) $6 million this year. That's a net gain of $0. Especially when you consider the $3 million we'd hold over (if we did) would likely just be money that would be left on our cap at the end of the year.

This just doesn't pass the sniff test. He may really like Quinn and want to go there, but I just don't see this happening unless it's very favorable to us, and since financially it's not really favorable to trade him (more like a wash), then we'd have to get a good return in draft or player compensation (or both).

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":25e2go27 said:
H
kmedic":25e2go27 said:
I'm pretty sure the Hardy visit is in response to Bennett demands not the other way around. Why would the FO want a PR fiasco at a position that's already strong? My gut tells me that Bennett probably went to JS this past few weeks and asked for a trade. The FO may be sensing a hold out of his demands aren't met and are now looking for possible replacements.

Hawks reportedly are NOT having Hardy in for a visit.

What in the hell is going on? Bennett wants to be traded now you're coming in with this?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3rp9fafx said:
FlyHawksFly":3rp9fafx said:
H
kmedic":3rp9fafx said:
I'm pretty sure the Hardy visit is in response to Bennett demands not the other way around. Why would the FO want a PR fiasco at a position that's already strong? My gut tells me that Bennett probably went to JS this past few weeks and asked for a trade. The FO may be sensing a hold out of his demands aren't met and are now looking for possible replacements.

Where did you hear this?

It's in the Hardy thread, where it's supposed to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2p3f9fek said:
Not that I have any insider info but I'm calling a big BS on this one.

We will see won't we.

If there's no truth to this rumor, then Bennett and/or his agent should tweet something today disputing this report.

If we hear nothing from Bennett's camp? Then it's time to worry.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ho1gxj1 said:
onanygivensunday":3ho1gxj1 said:
Not that I have any insider info but I'm calling a big BS on this one.

We will see won't we.

If there's no truth to this rumor, then Bennett and/or his agent should tweet something today disputing this report.

If we hear nothing from Bennett's camp? Then it's time to worry.

Agreed. This rumor could grow too big for Bennett's camp to just ignore.

I don't always trust what the Seahawks F.O. have to say. They are trying to gain leverage in anything they do.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone else to say something other than this guy who is a cowboys reporter.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/577900004091650048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/577889750847074305[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/577889086402269184[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
The funny thing is, if we trade Michael Bennett, we could end up drafting Michael Bennett.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":20hhr9rf said:
HawkFan72":20hhr9rf said:
Hawk-Lock":20hhr9rf said:
FlyHawksFly":20hhr9rf said:

Where did you hear this?

It's in the Hardy thread, where it's supposed to be.

Sorry, it was germane to the discussion here. Delete it if you feel it is out of place.

No, I understand why his name brought up in here and it makes sense. But all info about his visits and such are in his thread because they don't belong in here.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I can't find a single report other than ones citing the Cowboys writer. I hope Bennett or his agent chimes in soon.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
In all fairness to Bennett, if you are look at what kinds of deals DL are getting this offseason, he is probably a bit underpaid.

Now, that was his decision and he should stick with it. Giving Marshawn a new a contract though, sets a precedent. Who is to say that the other guys who are underpaid shouldn't take it up with the F.O.?

Largent80

Reaction score
The Seahawks have an open door policy, if Bennett wants a raise he would do it through his agent, not through Clarence Hill....hahahaha.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't get the Marshawn opening up the floodgates tweet.

Marshawn DIDN'T get his deal re-done last year, he had to wait until this year, the last year of his contract.........which is the typical year for renegotiating deals.

Bennett has THREE years left, sorry bro not gonna happen without Atlanta giving up fo serious compensation. We hold all the leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.