Still a GREAT season

Tokadub

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":p6l05gx3 said:
Tbh, I’m extremely worried about our future. Have to sign a lot of big names, probably have to sign Jamal, Carson? shaq? Hmm.

I think we need to let get Shaq go, he seems super overrated to me. I think he's a good guy but he's not worth that money if we want to have any chance to compete in the playoffs...

He gets beat A LOT.

He's tied for 37th in receptions allowed by Corner Backs this season. Why should he be paid like a number 1 Corner Back when he is average at best?

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Typical blow harts kissing Pete's ass and licking his dick. Fans such as this and Seattle media are part of the problem. How long ago was SB win? What have Hawks done since SB Int? You can only cry and use that BS for so long. How anyone can take Pete seriously after SB INT truly laughable and unbelievable. Beast Mode/Sherman/Lynch were all ran out of town for calling out Pete on that crap but instead they were made out to be public enemy #1.

Hawks have a divisional losing streak of how many games. Lost count. In between missing the playoffs altogether one year and losing in the wild card. Back to back seasons of Hawks pissing away 1st round byes. Smiling Pete and his rah rah diva act is so yesterday and played out. This fan base deserves what it gets for being stupid and living in the past glory days.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

hawksfansince90":3uzughqq said:
Typical blow harts kissing Pete's ass and licking his d*ck. Fans such as this and Seattle media are part of the problem. How long ago was SB win? What have Hawks done since SB Int? You can only cry and use that BS for so long. How anyone can take Pete seriously after SB INT truly laughable and unbelievable. Beast Mode/Sherman/Lynch were all ran out of town for calling out Pete on that crap but instead they were made out to be public enemy #1.

Hawks have a divisional losing streak of how many games. Lost count. In between missing the playoffs altogether one year and losing in the wild card. Back to back seasons of Hawks pissing away 1st round byes. Smiling Pete and his rah rah diva act is so yesterday and played out. This fan base deserves what it gets for being stupid and living in the past glory days.
I don't lick anything

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welshers":1gn3m1ta said:
I don't lick anything
Aside from your own ignorant beliefs, anyways.

Mods, for the love of God, please just lock this thread before I or someone else loses their $**t.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mkzvmnc8 said:
Welshers...get out of here with the eternal optimism everything's still amazing crap. Only people TRULY adept at fooling themselves feel better for reading it right after a one-and-done playoff loss.

I cannot disagree with this statement.
Welsher,you are delusional!!!

5thgen

Reaction score
The Rams have a better season and didn't win the division. We didn't mortgage the farm to be one and done.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
So, I just rejoined this board after like a decade (the last time I posted regularly here was during the waning days of Hasselbeck/Alexander/Holmgren era) just to vent... so, no, I don't feel like it was a GREAT season.

Winning the division again was nice, but to end a season with what was perhaps the most utterly incompetent offensive performance I have seen from a Seahawks team in I don't know how long (possibly ever, and that includes the inexplicable draw against Arizona), there is just no way to call it 'great' with that type of finish.

Further, as the season progressed, we regressed in some obvious ways that might have damaging consequences for the next several seasons. (As some folks posted in another thread, I would not be surprised if Pete lost the locker room AGAIN).

The way we lost the games we lost, ESPECIALLY this one (and even the way we won some of the games during the year) made this season never feel as good as a 12-4 season should feel. It felt like a team that had a lot of pieces just begging to get put into the right places and a coaching staff that never could...

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Welshers":37cesoj8 said:
So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Metcalf-Wilson is the most dynamic combo in football. Extend Adams, maybe keep Carson, try to find some late round gems, and run it back. I'd like to get new coordinators but who knows. There's a lot to be excited about and I love these Hawks and am so proud of 12-4 record.

Yes they lost but they played their hearts out out there. We were playing the #1 D in football. Russ wasn't as bad as people seem to think because he had NO time. Overall this was an awesome season with a great team. These guys will make adjustments and run it back. We may go undefeated next year.

Wrong.

If, as a Seahawks fan, you’re not extremely disappointed after THIS particular loss and everything about it...I just don’t know about ya. The Super Bowl window should have been wide ass open with our health and talent level entering this game. Wide ass open.

We essentially lost 30-13 at home after going 12-4, with a HoF QB and a DPOY candidate. Are you kidding me? We looked like a poorly coached team today, period. There is nothing to be happy about right now.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":2gdeqanr said:
So, I just rejoined this board after like a decade (the last time I posted regularly here was during the waning days of Hasselbeck/Alexander/Holmgren era) just to vent... so, no, I don't feel like it was a GREAT season.

Winning the division again was nice, but to end a season with what was perhaps the ymost utterly incompetent offensive performance I have seen from a Seahawks team in I don't know how long (possibly ever, and that includes the inexplicable draw against Arizona), there is just no way to call it 'great' with that type of finish.

Further, as the season progressed, we regressed in some obvious ways that might have damaging consequences for the next several seasons. (As some folks posted in another thread, I would not be surprised if Pete lost the locker room AGAIN).

The way we lost the games we lost, ESPECIALLY this one (and even the way we won some of the games during the year) made this season never feel as good as a 12-4 season should feel. It felt like a team that had a lot of pieces just begging to get put into the right places and a coaching staff that never could...

100%

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Pete’s stubbornness to make any kind of course correction will be the undoing of this team. Burning two first round picks to get the guy to get us to the Super Bowl and we get bounced at home in the Wild Card round while showing our butts the whole game is not a success. It’s an indication of major decline.

PNW

Reaction score
2019 Seahawks>2020 Seahawks

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I want to be positive. I've been positive after most of the season.

But this loss was a gut punch and a culmination of a lot of the doom and gloom posters on here have been bringing up all season.

I agree with you Welshers, but I think we need some time to process what we saw today. Or at least I do... This one hurt