Tate not happy with us

SirTed

Reaction score
I really don't understand some fans.

I COMPLETELY understand Tate's stance. He played his heart out. He felt he was worth ALOT more than the Hawks were willing to pay. It turns out at least 1 team felt the same. He took his professional opportunity to get paid. It's his one guaranteed opportunity at this point. So, after playing hard, getting what he felt was a low ball offer (which it probably was, just maybe not to the extent he felt it was) he moved on, only to be mocked, shamed and insulted by a fan base that he (perhaps) felt a connection to. You don't think his feelings could / would be hurt?

All that said - as much as I understand where Tate is coming from, I think the Seahawks made the right move. I would rather have Sherman, Thomas and Wilson than Tate and a larger and slightly less talented cast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Who ever mocked him? Not us ever. It was Twitter the stupidest thing on Earth. He took the money so he needs to shut up and deal with it. Be a Detroit Lion already.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'll stand up and say I didn't like him coming out of college and his rookie year.
He had an insane knack to turn an ordinary catch into a jump catch and it really annoyed me.

However, he became a great blocker and fixed his weaknesses in the receiving game.
He turned himself into a true professional WR.....with some young kid trash talkin' added on.
But still, nobody you want to take lightly.

Now he has the chance to become a true big time WR..........or a flash in the pan.

plyka

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ysnksrrx said:
OffseasonChampions":ysnksrrx said:
OFFER means nothing, guaranteed money is all that matters.

And..... Tate's offer was for $20M over 5 years with about 6M guaranteed. Tate even said this one year with the Lions would be more than the next 2 with Seattle.

Tate's numbers this year? $3.75M base, $1.6M bonus..

Tate was low-balled by us. Significantly.

I still don't think you guys get it. He wasn't low balled. The concept itself is not reSonable in a relatively free market. The hawks lose big time if they attempt to lowball him and they lose him, they suffer to the same extent if they overpay. The best move for the hawks is to offer him what they believe his value is, which is what they did.

And that's the part the Tate fans don't get. As a fan you have greatly overvalued him. The reason? Fans tend to overvalue their players. It's natural. The truth is that Tate is simply not as good as seahawks fans, generally speaking, believed. He is current an average or mediocre WR. The front office saw him as such and offered a contract they believed was fair. Detriot thought more of him or was more desperate. But even they really only signed a 2 year deal worth a bit more than $6milluon per year.

plyka

Reaction score
seahawks187":222vywf9 said:
As soon as Percy came and was given all that $$ it was the start of the end for Golden Tate.. I was upset about this last year because it was an inevitable situation. I felt like we didn't need Harvin and we could win with the WRs and weapons we already had.. We are SEAHAWK fans first.. it sucks losing players and I will be rooting for them to have success but when Tate comes out with this crap it makes me care about him less and less .. cya

You would seriously prefer golden Tate over Percy harvin? Serious?

Escamillo

Reaction score
SirTed":2q096f6p said:

I COMPLETELY understand Tate's stance. He played his heart out. He felt he was worth ALOT more than the Hawks were willing to pay. It turns out at least 1 team felt the same. He took his professional opportunity to get paid. It's his one guaranteed opportunity at this point. So, after playing hard, getting what he felt was a low ball offer (which it probably was, just maybe not to the extent he felt it was) he moved on, only to be mocked, shamed and insulted by a fan base that he (perhaps) felt a connection to. You don't think his feelings could / would be hurt?

All that said - as much as I understand where Tate is coming from, I think the Seahawks made the right move. I would rather have Sherman, Thomas and Wilson than Tate and a larger and slightly less talented cast.

A couple dozen tweets does not equal "THE FAN BASE". Where do you get that Tate was mocked by "the fan base"? Public figures get negative tweets all the time, that doesn't mean that those tweets represent the whole of a particular "base" of people. Besides which, who knows how many of those tweets were even Seahawks fans to begin with. They could've been anyone. I'm glad that Tate today walked back his statements of yesterday; today he says that the negative tweets he received were a very small portion of the Seahawks fans.

SirTed

Reaction score
Escamillo":3tvbo1d0 said:
SirTed":3tvbo1d0 said:

A couple dozen tweets does not equal "THE FAN BASE". Where do you get that Tate was mocked by "the fan base"? Public figures get negative tweets all the time, that doesn't mean that those tweets represent the whole of a particular "base" of people. Besides which, who knows how many of those tweets were even Seahawks fans to begin with. They could've been anyone. I'm glad that Tate today walked back his statements of yesterday; today he says that the negative tweets he received were a very small portion of the Seahawks fans.

I agree with everything you said. I probably didn't post / write my thoughts correctly. It's a minority, hopefully - who blame Tate for taking the money. You'd have to agree that the negative fans, of either the Hawks or Tate are the loudest - so I could see how if / when he's reading twitter, he could get wrapped up in it and lash out to everyone. Not saying it's right, just saying it's natural.

I guess to put the final word on my thought, I'm confused why this is even a controversy (or whatever you want to call this). I don't think anyone who blames him for leaving has a leg to stand on, and I think anyone who thinks that the Hawks should have offered him more money should think about who they want on this team in 2-3 years time.

To me the appropriate response to Golden Tate is : Congratulations to Tate on a fantastic contract. He was an important part of our first and only SB. With the success that this team has had in the draft and FA it became impossible to keep everyone. Sorry to see him go, but I understand. THE END.

two dog

Reaction score
Tate is a lot, not a little, immature.

I sort of resent the two years the hawks trained him up until the year
he could cash in and then have him disrespect them with his view
of their money offer. Nature of the business, I suppose.

He was the guy that was here, now he's not. Forget him.
Other, possibly better, receivers will replace him.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I 100% agree with Tate on this one. He really did give it his all and he loved this team and our city and fans. To play your heart out and strive to reach your full potential while winning us many games single handedly... I totally understand his disappointment with our franchise.

I think we could of locked him up for 5 million a year And he never even would have tested the market. 5 million would of been a huge steal, he's going to rack up insane stats for the lions and we will be left scratching our heads over this idiotic move when Harvin has a season ending injury in the pre-season or within the first 5 regular season games.

We really gave Tate a huge middle finger on this one. He would of stayed for 5 I know it... But instead we offer him probably 3 or less with no guarantees and throw him to the sharks.

Is that really how we want to treat our #1 receiver last year? Pretty much tied for #1 receiver the last 2 seasons when all the sudden our team magically didn't suck anymore? Well it wasn't magic, Tate was front and center in our offense and pretty much carried our sorry asses to multiple wins. This is indisputable.

Frankly I am disgusted with our franchise right now throwing our MVP receiver into the gutter and kicking him while he's down. Without Tate we would of been garbage these last 2 years.

And if my prediction of Harvin getting seriously injured within the first 5 games or even pre-season turns true... Trading Tate will be the biggest dynasty destroying blunder imaginable.

They really missed the whole fricken scoreboard to lose Tate like this. Almost makes me think all their success was just a lucky fluke if they can't see the value of Tate.

I hope I'm wrong and we win another Super Bowl and Tate has a good career in Detroit. Right now I feel we are going to regret this big time. The risk is too great and we were too conservative, if Harvin gets injured game over now.

Tate has every right to be pissed as am I :les:

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
two dog":2fu4bau3 said:

Other, possibly better, receivers will replace him

^This.

Hopefully it some no-name 7th roundish pick.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":30ppotcy said:
two dog":30ppotcy said:

^This.

Kearse is first man up so far.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheHawkster":31zm2ts9 said:
HolyCatfish":31zm2ts9 said:
two dog":31zm2ts9 said:

^This.

Kearse is first man up so far.
Seems to be doing alright so far.....

seahawksny

Reaction score
Lets be real people-

If this guy was NOT a seahawk the last four years, what would you think of him?

He gets caught robbing I think it was a donut shop when he arrived- Real smooth

The taunt in the Rams game ( amongst others that werent as obvious) rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Now, he comes out and bites the hand that fed him his entire pro career? Not classy. Who is bashing him? A few fans? Most if not all Non Seahawk fans do not like this guy as a person, so Im not surprised by his reaction. He is very immature and the guy really lacks class IMO.

900 some yards this year? Phenomenal. Do we beat the rams in St Lou without his catch? maybe not. So I dont think anybody doubts his talent, but to say that he would take a discount and then bash the team for not offering enough? Not classy. Very A-Rod -esque. Its not about the money....yeah, ok

plyka

Reaction score
I'm extremely lad Tate was paid. He did help the team to a super owl after all.

What I was afraid of is this front office allowing emotions and fan pressure to cloud their judgment. This happens to a lot of Super Bowl teams. They overpay for mediocre talent after a Super Bowl victory. Flacco last year. Ridiculous . They wouldn't pay him the year before 16million but after the super bowl victory it shot up to 2illion plus? Emotions and fan reaction caused that mistake. They should have allowed flaccid to walk.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawksny":3fhm5mt9 said:
Lets be real people-

The taunt in the Rams game ( amongst others that werent as obvious) rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Now, he comes out and bites the hand that fed him his entire pro career? Not classy. Who is bashing him? A few fans? Most if not all Non Seahawk fans do not like this guy as a person, so Im not surprised by his reaction. He is very immature and the guy really lacks class IMO.

900 some yards this year? Phenomenal. Do we beat the rams in St Lou without his catch? maybe not. So I dont think anybody doubts his talent, but to say that he would take a discount and then bash the team for not offering enough? Not classy. Very A-Rod -esque. Its not about the money....yeah, ok
I will be real. World is full of haters, you included.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31csoa44 said:
seahawksny":31csoa44 said:
Lets be real people-

I will be real. World is full of haters, you included.[/quote

You crack me up. The guy gets cheers for 67000+ for four years and then says he is insulted cause of a few people on twitter? I never hated the guy. I dont think most hawk fans do eiither. You can call Me what you want. but maybe bring some evidence defending whynyubfeel the way you do.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tokadub":3tf0by1f said:
I 100% agree with Tate on this one. He really did give it his all and he loved this team and our city and fans. To play your heart out and strive to reach your full potential while winning us many games single handedly... I totally understand his disappointment with our franchise.

I think we could of locked him up for 5 million a year And he never even would have tested the market. 5 million would of been a huge steal, he's going to rack up insane stats for the lions and we will be left scratching our heads over this idiotic move when Harvin has a season ending injury in the pre-season or within the first 5 regular season games.

We really gave Tate a huge middle finger on this one. He would of stayed for 5 I know it... But instead we offer him probably 3 or less with no guarantees and throw him to the sharks.

Is that really how we want to treat our #1 receiver last year? Pretty much tied for #1 receiver the last 2 seasons when all the sudden our team magically didn't suck anymore? Well it wasn't magic, Tate was front and center in our offense and pretty much carried our sorry asses to multiple wins. This is indisputable.

Frankly I am disgusted with our franchise right now throwing our MVP receiver into the gutter and kicking him while he's down. Without Tate we would of been garbage these last 2 years.

And if my prediction of Harvin getting seriously injured within the first 5 games or even pre-season turns true... Trading Tate will be the biggest dynasty destroying blunder imaginable.

They really missed the whole fricken scoreboard to lose Tate like this. Almost makes me think all their success was just a lucky fluke if they can't see the value of Tate.

I hope I'm wrong and we win another Super Bowl and Tate has a good career in Detroit. Right now I feel we are going to regret this big time. The risk is too great and we were too conservative, if Harvin gets injured game over now.

Tate has every right to be pissed as am I :les:

You're kidding right? You know what else happened the last 2 years? Russell Wilson happened. Show me where "Tate carried our sorry asses to multiple wins". I'm sure you can take your "disgust" over to the Lions bandwagon since you feel so strongly about this. I hear there's plenty of room.

Unbelievable...heads will explode when Lynch is let go, if this is how some fans react to Tate's departure

mrt144

Reaction score
It is so bizarre seeing this revisionist history going on - Tate was good for us, it was mutually beneficial the entire time, he has an attitude that fits with our team. His feelings on the deal don't diminish his past present or future with me, but hey, I'm not one to internalize the business of football as personal.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Schneider Didnt see what others did guys. He knows what he is doing.

Latest posts