TCU /Georgia NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

pmedic920

Reaction score
Let’s move/keep the “chat” style stuff in the GameDay thread.

Feel free to post specifics/separate topics here in NCAA.

Thanks for your cooperation, it goes a long ways in keeping our main pages neat and orderly.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Any interest in Bennett as a late round pick? He seems to just make plays. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Carter looks like a friggin turd his last few games. Like a 13 year old that doesn’t want to hurt anyone and hopes everyone just has a good time

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If you want to get technical, I agree. I'm more of an emotional knee jerk reaction type of a guy, though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I'm curious as to what you all think of Jalen Carter. I watched him vs. Ohio State and again last night, and I'm not impressed as he wasn't getting off blocks against the run and applied very little pressure on the quarterback in passing situations. IMO he's not worthy of a top 5 selection.

Thoughts?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
From the little I saw of the game (I turned it off once the score was 31-7), Carter didn't impress me at all. Certainly not acting like a player who could be picked top 3.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Exactly which is why picking an interior defensive lineman who looks like a run stuffer in the top 5 isn't the sure thing everyone thinks it is. His production is just low for college and that worries me. I know hes a freak talent.

knownone

Reaction score
I mostly agree, and I wouldn't take Carter (unless a # of other players are off the board). But I wouldn't read much into Carter's performance in a bowl game. He's battled injuries and played limited snaps all season. And the game was so lopsided that he likely started protecting himself from injury.

BASF

Reaction score
I believe that he slacked off during the twenty-seven days between games. There can be a lot of reasons for that, like illness or studying. Who really knows, but his cardio obviously took a hit during that time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I believe that he slacked off during the twenty-seven days between games. There can be a lot of reasons for that, like illness or studying. Who really knows, but his cardio obviously took a hit during that time.
Yeah, that would explain a lot of things. Vs. OSU, there were a couple of times that Carter just looked gassed, and that's taking into account that they were rotating him to keep him fresh. Maybe he'll turn out well in the long run, but from what little I saw of him in the past couple of games, he sure doesn't look like the disruptor you'd expect to get with a top 5 pick.

Latest posts