Texans

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Miss opportunity today. Broncos would have gotten a good chance to make the playoffs and if Wilson got another game winning drive, maybe comeback player of the year and some MVP chatter. Sadly couldn't come through today. So close
I don't entirely disagree. Although I don't think he's anywhere near deserving of being in the MVP conversation, the only thing America likes better than piling on our fallen heroes, is the redemption arc story. Not that he would get any votes, but I could see the case being made in the media. They need something to talk about.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I don't entirely disagree. Although I don't think he's anywhere near deserving of being in the MVP conversation, the only thing America likes better than piling on our fallen heroes, is the redemption arc story. Not that he would get any votes, but I could see the case being made in the media. They need something to talk about.

It's a delusional take. Anyone who thinks Russ was even close to being in the conversation for getting a single MVP vote doesn't really understand football.

The broncos have to carry Russ. It's certainly not, and never will be, the other way around.

rcaido was probably trolling with his post about Russ getting MVP votes.

renofox

Reaction score
It's a delusional take. Anyone who thinks Russ was even close to being in the conversation for getting a single MVP vote doesn't really understand football.

The broncos have to carry Russ. It's certainly not, and never will be, the other way around.

There were several years that RW was legitimately in the MVP discussion both here and in the national sports media.

That is, until the typical late season collapse that the Seahawks have experienced all too often under PC.

We talk often about the coaching staff's failure to adjust in the 2nd half of games, but the failure to adjust throughout the season is just as bad, if not worse.

Was it RW falling off a cliff? Or was it the coaches inability to adjust? I used to think it was 80% the former. With so many years of observation, now I think it's always been 80% the latter.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
There were several years that RW was legitimately in the MVP discussion both here and in the national sports media.

That is, until the typical late season collapse that the Seahawks have experienced all too often under PC.

We talk often about the coaching staff's failure to adjust in the 2nd half of games, but the failure to adjust throughout the season is just as bad, if not worse.

Was it RW falling off a cliff? Or was it the coaches inability to adjust? I used to think it was 80% the former. With so many years of observation, now I think it's always been 80% the latter.
I was referring to this year though.

bigskydoc

Reaction score

Anyone who thinks it’s a delusional take doesn’t really understand sports media.

NINEster

Reaction score
Stroud had all day to sit back an throw on most plays. I think most QBs would do well in similar situations.

Wilson on the other hand cost the team the game. Looked like he really wanted it too and first time I saw him visibly upset.

Jimmie Ward intercepting that pass I will count as a Niner defeat on Wilson.

17-5

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I can't fathom how pissed Carolina fans are right now. They traded up to get the wrong guy. At least that's what it looks like so far.
Stroud is the real deal. Good for the Texans, they got it right and they might just end up being a playoff team. I doubt many saw that coming.
Still sporting a Stroud boner here.... ;)