Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners May 8-10

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Thank you Murph! 4-0 going into the 8th feels much better than 2-0. :)

Guys are still over swinging. We need more base hits and doubles. Start getting those on a regular basis and the homers will come. Oh, and the lead off hitter in any inning should have as a primary goal, getting on base. 🤷‍♂️

raisethe3

Reaction score
Goldsmith put Servais on the spot and straight up asked him about the offense and Servais said: "Thats the art of baseball trying to figure this out".
I thought they had Edgar Martinez as the hitting coach? Did I miss something here?!

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Helluva game tonight. A little more offense and Kirby threw a gem. 7 scoreless, 101 chucks, 9 Ks, 0 BBs.

Going for the series win tomorrow.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Today's probables: RHP Dane Dunning vs. RHP Luis Castillo
Dunning
(2-0, 1.42 ERA) makes his 2nd start and 10th appearance. He has a 0.79 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 5.0 K/9 in 25 1/3 innings.
  • Last start: No-decision, 5 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K in 5-4 road loss vs. Los Angeles Angels Friday
  • Last season vs. Mariners: 0-1, 4.43 ERA (20 1/3 IP, 10 ER), 20 K, .243 opponent batting average (OBA) in 4 starts
Castillo (2-0, 2.38 ERA) makes his 8th start. He has a 0.91 WHIP, 1.9 BB/9, 9.3 K/9 in 41 2/3 IP innings.
  • Last start: No-decision, 7 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 5 K in 6-4 home loss vs. Houston Astros Friday
  • Home splits this season: 2-0, 2.05 ERA (30 2/3 IP, 7 ER), .159 OBA in 5 starts
First pitch: 12:40 pm PDT

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Castillo struggling a bit today. Loaded the bases in the second, but got out of it. Gave up some hard hit balls in the 3rd and 3 runs so far. Already at 65+ pitches. :(

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Got one run back bottom 5.

Castillo out, Brash in top 6.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Julio needs to control his swing. He's going full power every time
Every time he steps up to the plate, the way he swings as if baseballs weigh as much as bowling balls, it's pretty unmistakable that he thinks he's supposed to fulfill the amazing superstar player role. It is making him kind of suck. I've no doubt there will come a day when he finally gets it and changes his batting thinking and approach, but was expecting that to occur a while ago. Maybe they're waiting 'til the All Star break before having the talk with him about his mental approach.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Brash traded part of a package deal for a hitter or something.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Release Pollack theres no point in keeping him. How does he get the start today at DH but not Trammel? or Murphy? Scott didn't even pinch hit him. He goes 0-4. What was the point in playing him the entire game? Why are we playing a guy batting .138 literally our worst hitter the entire game today? He was good in LA but here in this stadium hes trash he's batting .105 with an on-base of .167 at home this season. I'm telling you guys the coaching is inept.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A trace amount of offense in game one, and we could have taken this series.
I am going to sound like a broken record but they are still 2 quality bats short from being a true WS contender. Ownership had the opportunity to fix that problem and failed to spend the $$$ to do so, after promising to spend in FA for years. Self inflicted situation from the top.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I am going to sound like a broken record but they are still 2 quality bats short from being a true WS contender. Ownership had the opportunity to fix that problem and failed to spend the $$$ to do so, after promising to spend in FA for years. Self inflicted situation from the top.
Imo, ownersip doesn't care. They are making a profit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wish I could argue, they clearly don't care. As long as they are nice guys and competitive, they don't seem to mind. Clearly they pretty much refuse to take the next steps and grab at least TWO more bats. Oh well, on to the next game. It's not gonna' change.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Must be a psychological disorder. Owners crave attention via pity, so they're intentional in the team's mediocre ability.