That's a win that sparks Championships.

Optimus25

Reaction score
We won't see a better coached, better executing, more motivated team all year. Houston is a legit contender and we answered their excellence every single time.

Decimation

Reaction score
Wilson carried this team to the finish line, man. What a game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Provided Earl is okay it could.

I sure don't want to see this secondary without Earl.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":vj2ynxw2 said:
Houston has a great chance to make the SB this year. Could be seeing them down the line

Gonna be tough now that they are 3-4. But they have the talent to go on a run, for sure.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Optimus25":1uuiscbz said:
We won't see a better coached, better executing, more motivated team all year. Houston is a legit contender and we answered their excellence every single time.

Have you been following the Eagles this year? You might see a team better in all those categories when we play them.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This reminds me of the sb year, with Wilson as Lynch--the tough bastard who never gives up, and grinds the rest of the team with him.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Next week we will prob score 12 points and our offense will look terrible. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Optimus25":1t42h4c9 said:

Funny you bring up coaching. On their forums they are blasting O'Brien.

Seafan

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":20l41hsi said:
Without a running game, i don't think there's a chance of winning it all.

During this game Pete & Bev abandoned the failed running game. If they can't move on then the Hawks don't have a chance but just like 2015 if you call the right plays this offense can score points.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Optimus25":21x12j6f said:

Was an exciting win but the lack of a run game is going to kill us down the stretch if we don't improve there. One-dimensional teams are exposed in the playoffs. I can see us making it to the playoffs but Rawls is running like poop, Lacy can't even fall forward for a yard and McKissic can't be counted on to get the tough yards against a talented front. Losing Carson was worse than I thought.

Will wait to see how we look against ATL, PHI and DAL before I start talking about championships this year. Russ was amazing though, wasn't he? Russ, Backpack Richardson and Lockett had a game today.

Go Hawks!

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkFan72":l58gql1m said:
kthebestwayw":l58gql1m said:
Houston has a great chance to make the SB this year. Could be seeing them down the line

Gonna be tough now that they are 3-4. But they have the talent to go on a run, for sure.

They play in a not so strong division. 9 wins might be all they need. Jacksonville looks tough though. The AFC is pretty wide open as of now. No clear favorite.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
My God, we are well
Prepared! True believers understand!

RussB

Reaction score
Great win. Was the first real dog fight this season. Offense did really good today. Graham finally made a big huge important play in the clutch.

Overall one of the most fun games ive ever watched. Reminded me alot of the pittsburg shootout 2 years ago.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Do you know how to get the running game working.....look at what the Texans did with their running backs. Misdirection....misdirection which the passing game opened up their running game. The problem with our running game is that everyone knows its coming on every plays it seems and our running back is hit in the backfield. I'm the first to say that we do more read option and motion with two running backs.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Laloosh":2omaly1p said:
Optimus25":2omaly1p said:

Was an exciting win but the lack of a run game is going to kill us down the stretch if we don't improve there. One-dimensional teams are exposed in the playoffs. I can see us making it to the playoffs but Rawls is running like poop, Lacy can't even fall forward for a yard and McKissic can't be counted on to get the tough yards against a talented front. Losing Carson was worse than I thought.

Will wait to see how we look against ATL, PHI and DAL before I start talking about championships this year. Russ was amazing though, wasn't he? Russ, Backpack Richardson and Lockett had a game today.

Go Hawks!

I know right where the responders will go with this, but i have an answer for you and the running game.

CJ Prosise.

He's going to open up the playbook bigtime, and i am going out on a limb here but I'm calling it now that after this ankle heals HE WILL FINISH THE SEASON IN ITS ENTIRETY ACTIVE AND HEALTHY.

Also though, are you really THAT disturbed by the apparent change in offensive philosophy?. I'm excited because it feels like mid 2015 to me. Time to open the throttle and cut Russell loose for four whole quarters a game.

I think the whole running the ball to win in January thing is antiquated this day and age, although there are certainly a few conditions where that would be mostly true....ie, some crazy rainy day with super high winds.

I mean look at the contenders these days... New England, green bay, Houston, Oakland, saints, Philly.. First thing you think of there is their quarterbacks and the passing. I mean how many teams are really ''2 dimensional'' anyways?. Like fully loaded in both aspects.

Houston showed today, if you're lucky enough to put together a world class run defense, chances are astronomical that you're susceptible to the pass.

Seattle showed that if you're committed to stopping the run, we'll throw all day. Other teams won't be nearly as adept, so then we'll find the rushing yards instead.

If you can't start talking about Championships after today, i just don't get the point. Like of the whole fan experience.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^
I'd be thrilled if your theory proved to be accurate but I don't think we have the playbook or the offensive line to do what we did today on a consistent basis. How many teams are going to let us get away with running play action when we can't run the ball to save our lives?

How do you see that pass protection looking for Russ today if Watt and Mercilus are on the field? Prosise is good but he's not as useful between the tackles and we are really going to struggle on those third and short situations (particularly in the red zone imo).

I haven't looked at a single stat this season but it's just the perception that I've gotten from watching the offense post-Carson.

Latest posts