The 2017 recruiting thread.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Stanford WAS a huge favorite for sarrell. From everyone I trust things have changed massively. Right now it's apparently 50/50 with no one really having a great idea until sarrell takes his UW official. I think what's telling is the staff has still yet to offer any plan B's on the OL. which makes me think they know they have a good shot.

UW is also in play now for DJ Johnson, Miami commit, who visited UW last week out of nowhere and people now say he too could be leaning UW.

davidonmi

Reaction score
A-Dog":1jii6ain said:
drrew":1jii6ain said:
JSeahawks":1jii6ain said:
4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3016306/henry-bainivalu

With Foster Sarell likely headed to Stanford, this was a very important commit. Bainivalu is the only other known OL prospect UW was targeting.
Source on Sarell heading to Stanford?

Also, it looks like the Huskies are also recruiting Austin Jackson at OT: http://www.scout.com/college/washington ... -prospects
Jackson is a longshot for UW, at best. If he actually takes a visit things could change

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27eb3wu6 said:
Ducks get a commitment from a big time player today. Cornerback Deommodore Lenoir from Los Angeles. The composite rankings has him as the 85th best player in the country.

Junior highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3554279/hig ... /283229396

Just decommited. I'm sure the Ducks will have quite a few decommitments with the potential coaching change. Hopefully whoever the new coach is will be able to reel him back in. His gf is commited to Oregon as a soccer player, so I think he'll still end up a Duck.

Gonna be an interesting ride from here til signing day.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Huskies lost one today. Connor Weddington, the 4 star rb from Sumner decommited. Probably heading to Stanford.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33wuabra said:
Huskies lost one today. Connor Weddington, the 4 star rb from Sumner decommited. Probably heading to Stanford.
Big loss for the Dawgs. On the bright side (?) it does now open up another scholarship. Now the Dawgs have 3 to play with instead of 2, which is nice because they are in on some pretty highly touted recruits.

davidonmi

Reaction score
yeah I wonder how they fill it.
They're definitely holding out 2 for Sarell and Johnson.
Pola Mao is almost certainly committing soon.

They might offer Ford or go after Umana more seriously now.

It sucks, I'm not sure why he committed when stanford was always his school

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
davidonmi":meeqmsew said:

When Stanford lost out on Ahmed (go Dawgs), they went plan B and that was/is weddington. They hadn't offered until recently, or least not a commitable offer.

I sure hope they can find a spot for Pili. I think he's what this class needs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":35ialmoo said:
JSeahawks":35ialmoo said:
Big loss for the Dawgs. On the bright side (?) it does now open up another scholarship. Now the Dawgs have 3 to play with instead of 2, which is nice because they are in on some pretty highly touted recruits.

While it would have been nice for the Huskies to keep Weddington, they already have Gaskin and Coleman. Plus, behind them are Dotson and McGrew. I believe Weddington realized he would have to go somewhere else to be guaranteed of playing time. With McCaffrey leaving, Stanford will be in need of a tailback.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1w9atyzr said:
JSeahawks":1w9atyzr said:
Ducks get a commitment from a big time player today. Cornerback Deommodore Lenoir from Los Angeles. The composite rankings has him as the 85th best player in the country.

Junior highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3554279/hig ... /283229396

Just decommited. I'm sure the Ducks will have quite a few decommitments with the potential coaching change. Hopefully whoever the new coach is will be able to reel him back in. His gf is commited to Oregon as a soccer player, so I think he'll still end up a Duck.

Gonna be an interesting ride from here til signing day.

He'll be a duck still, and hopefully Graham commits also.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3cccns4r said:
davidonmi":3cccns4r said:

When Stanford lost out on Ahmed (go Dawgs), they went plan B and that was/is weddington. They hadn't offered until recently, or least not a commitable offer.

I sure hope they can find a spot for Pili. I think he's what this class needs.
I think the ship might have sailed on pili. we'll see I guess. Maybe they could take a commit from katoa now

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks lost their 2018 QB commit Colson Yankoff. No surprise really. As soon as Helfrich was fired we knew this was going to happen. Likely to lose TE commit Tre McKitty in the next few days as well, another one we've known we'd lose basically since he commited. Momma doesnt want him playing this far from home.

drrew

Reaction score
Sounds like Joseph Lewis (top 5 WR out of SoCal) who is expected to go to USC will be making a visit to UW in January.

Seems unlikely that he ends up at UW, but they weren't even known to be on his radar up to this point so just getting the chance to sell him on the program is a big deal.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Foster Sarrell, #1 player in the nation, is announcing his commitment on Saturday. Stanford is still the favorite, but Washington is in the conversation.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score