The 49ers got waxed

olyfan63

Reaction score
So yeah...that was ugly. I actually expected them to lose, but that was way worse than I thought.

1) The D was just TORCHED. I haven't seen that in YEARS. It wasn't just Mahomes either. Reid had his way with Ryans scheme. The Jet sweeps to Hardman were genius. They took advantage of Bosa getting upfield and cut right underneath him. They gave up 529 yards of offense and before Henne came in they were giving up over 10 yards per play. To put that in perspective, the 49ers were leading the league in yards per play in the 4-5 range. D simply could not get off the field. They have injuries (Moseley, Kinlaw, Armstead) but that is ZERO excuse for that performance. Most of their guys were back. I don't expect to see that again this year.

2) They actually didn't play badly on offense and put up over 400 yards. Jimmy had 303 yards, 2 TDs and a horrific interception.

3) The 49ers may not be Christian McCaffrey away from being a SB team and I have no idea if the move was a mistake or not, but I'll say this...he looked GOOD. The dude arrived on friday, didn't even get a full practice in with the the team and he looked explosive and decisive. This game sucked as a Niner fan, but CMC really looked the part.

Here's the thing....49ers are only 1 game back in the division and they play only 1 more game this year against a team who currently has a winning record....and that team is Seattle whom they beat 27-7 in week 2. That's not to say they beat them again. My point is that the Chiefs are a different animal than any team they face for the rest of the year. Additionally, both the Rams and Seahawks still get to play the Chiefs this year.

Niners don't need to worry about the Chiefs unless they go to the Super Bowl...and that conversation is a LONG ways off.

As much as that game hurt to watch, just burn the tape and move on.

You know the Seahawks coaches and staff are going to bronze that KC-SF tape, not burn it, and dissect it every which way. No idea if it will be of any use, because... Mahomes. But yeah, seeing Hardman run those jet sweeps like a RB was interesting, though I don't know if we have any WRs with his running strength to break arm tackles. Certainly not Eskridge, unless he's been hitting the weights.

The other interesting thing is that Carolina didn't even miss CMC. They had 2 RBs they split the load between and both balled out as Carolina unexpectedly beat up on Brady and the Bucs.

94Smith

Reaction score
I told you I would dust this one off...
Trade for cmac was a mistake.

they could really be “down” for a few years when we’re on the “rise” .

That’s a rather positive way of looking at it Marvin but Kyle is going on 4 losing seasons in 6 years with SF. His win/loss record has been about as consistent as a liquid shart. You boast of weapons yet Seattle’s weapons are better and deeper offensively. Look at the numbers

Since this game, 49ers are 8-0 , NFC West Champs, #1 Offense DVOA since McCaffery Came, #1 Defense overall, Likely Defensive MVP.
I’m book marking this thread as a Christmas present after the chiefs play the Seahawks at arrowhead Dec 24

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Since this game, 49ers are 8-0 , NFC West Champs, #1 Offense DVOA since McCaffery Came, #1 Defense overall, Likely Defensive MVP.
Meh...they are not going anywhere in the playoffs...1st rd exit.

knownone

Reaction score
The Niners are ranked 32nd in SoS. So it's unclear how they'll stack up against the rest of the elite teams.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Yep. As predictions go, 94Smith book(mark)ed it good.

Short of Christian McCaffrey getting injured, he will continue to be a major, positive asset to these guys.

Sadly Frodo, Seattle's numbers and weapons of late have been middling to luke-warm.

We could discuss the impact, had the Seahawks picked up CMC, but it's a little depressing to consider.

TAB420

Reaction score
We lost by 14 they lost by 21...so? If I remember right the Niners game was also at home and Seattle was on the road. That being said, we wouldn't have won at home either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We lost by 14 they lost by 21...so? If I remember right the Niners game was also at home and Seattle was on the road. That being said, we wouldn't have won at home either.
Exactly. The 49ers have a legit defense, Seattle does not. Not sure how this is a burn lol
Teams go through a rebuilding process periodically. Hawks will be damn good in 23’ and years to come thanks to Denver. San Fran will be trending back shortly like they always do lol
Sure you’re a playoff team but that’s literally it. No Lombardi which is the goal in the end.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Rams and Hawks have a post salary cap Lombardi (the ones that count) SF does not. In fact the Browns have just as much championship clout as the 49ers if we’re counting pre salary cap

IndyHawk

Reaction score

All this means zero if you don't win a SB

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I wonder what’s worse. The Russell Wilson Denver fleecing or trading 3 firsts and a third for a guy who might never take another snap in a meaningful football game for the rest of his life lol 😂

94Smith

Reaction score
Rams and Hawks have a post salary cap Lombardi (the ones that count) SF does not. In fact the Browns have just as much championship clout as the 49ers if we’re counting pre salary cap
Last time I checked rams are the only ones with one this decade.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I wonder what’s worse. The Russell Wilson Denver fleecing or trading 3 firsts and a third for a guy who might never take another snap in a meaningful football game for the rest of his life lol 😂

I'll ignore the assumption for the sake of this comment, but winning the NFC West and securing a home playoff game dulls any kind of sting you might think there is.

Plus not having 1's doesn't hurt so much when you are drafting Pro Bowl and Pro Bowl caliber players in the 5th round. (Kittle, Greenlaw, Hufanga)

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
I'll ignore the assumption for the sake of this comment, but winning the NFC West and securing a home playoff game dulls any kind of sting you might think there is.

Plus not having 1's doesn't hurt so much when you are drafting Pro Bowl and Pro Bowl caliber players in the 5th round. (Kittle, Greenlaw, Hufanga)
Them Shire folks aren't the brighest thinkers are they?

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I even told Marvin his team would improve with Purdy and he laughed at me. Brock Purdy throws darts, played in a power 5 conference and has more poise in his pinky than Trey Lance will ever possess in his whole body. Lance = Bust