The Browns are doomed.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I just read about the allegations in the 24th case filed against Deshaun Watson today and, holy s**t, that guy's a sexual predator (if true). I'm having a hard time seeing him playing a single down this year and his career may be in serious jeopardy as well. If the Browns don't have language in that contract that gives them an out, they're screwed for the next 4 years. It's unforgivable that the Browns front office made that trade and fully guaranteed Watson's contract with all of these legal issues still unresolved. Peter King said today that when the Dolphins got wind of some of these darker issues, they quietly backed out of pursuing Watson. What an unmitigated disaster, Baker must be laughing is a$$ off.

QWERTY

Reaction score
That's why I would take Mayfield for their 2nd round pick. Just so that they can save the cap space.

toffee

Reaction score
I just read about the allegations in the 24th case filed against Deshaun Watson today and, holy s**t, that guy's a sexual predator (if true). I'm having a hard time seeing him playing a single down this year and his career may be in serious jeopardy as well. If the Browns don't have language in that contract that gives them an out, they're screwed for the next 4 years. It's unforgivable that the Browns front office made that trade and fully guaranteed Watson's contract with all of these legal issues still unresolved. Peter King said today that when the Dolphins got wind of some of these darker issues, they quietly backed out of pursuing Watson. What an unmitigated disaster, Baker must be laughing is a$$ off.
Wondering if our low key approach on Watson was based on his dark side?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I believe for at least this year Watson gets paid even if suspended.
The contract was structured with little salary this year, so a relatively small cap number for the Browns this year and relatively little lost for Watson if he gets suspended even for the whole season. The cash flow for Watson is pretty good this year, because of the almost-$45M signing bonus, but the cap hit from that is spread over the five years of the contract.
So Watson gets his $45M immediately, and then he's got $1.035M in salary. The $1.035M salary is what he stands to lose if he gets a full-season suspension for 2022.