The clutchest player in the NFL...

TypeSly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2o38kak9 said:
TypeSly":2o38kak9 said:
Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.
Did your grade school English teachers let you get away with "it was the pencil's fault", too? :roll:

What does that have to do with anything? I thought this was a place to talk about football and support our team?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TypeSly":211l27o6 said:
What does that have to do with anything? I thought this was a place to talk about football and support our team?
You're the one blaming the keyboard for most of your spelling and grammatical errors; I was merely responding to that.

TypeSly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bc51tt2 said:
TypeSly":3bc51tt2 said:
You're the one blaming the keyboard for most of your spelling and grammatical errors; I was merely responding to that.

I wasn't blaming the keyboard for anything. I was blaming myself for sucking with the keyboard.

I'll just stick to talking about football, while you patrol the board busting people with spelling errors. Whatever rocks your boat...

OP
OP
W

Welshers

RolandDeschain":gzwka15z said:
TypeSly":gzwka15z said:
Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.
Did your grade school English teachers let you get away with "it was the pencil's fault", too? :roll:
Did you not read his post? He said who cares. You sound like you are a lot of fun at parties

Somos doces

Reaction score
Consider this another vote for "I thought this post would be about Tyler Lockett." Two difficult crunch-time TD catches to help win the game? That's as clutch as it comes.

If Lockett wasn't on the Hawks, the team's offense would likely have no way to overcome opposing defenses' focus on shutting down Metcalf. As the TV commentators noted today, this is among the top two wide receiver combos in the league this year. Each helps the other succeed, both directly and indirectly. As a fan, I greatly enjoy watching this unselfish teamwork.

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10z0tgvu said:
John63":10z0tgvu said:
RolandDeschain":10z0tgvu said:
Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...

Yeah he is only 3rd In game winning drives in NFL this year. Oh wait that's good. Talk about hater glasses
Do you honestly think "clutch" is an accurate way to describe Russell's second-half-of-the-season performance? Just curious if you can be honest with yourself or not.

Dude you need to understand what clutch means. It means comming through when it accounts. Now no one does it all the time. However even this year Wilson has down it more than most. Also I said this year not this half year. I. Curious if you can be honest with yourself, given you tried to change my statement to suite your narrative I doubt it.

balakoth

Reaction score
Everyone is quick to hate on RWs play, yet disregards the completely 13 year old madden play calling for most of the game

Some of you literally just rack up your posts with complete nonsense, to be honest

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because him carrying the team on his back, like he has been doing over and over again in the clutch for 9 years doesn't matter. Because it's Russ. He clearly sucks.
Winning all the time really gets old.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
John63":2qd31eyg said:
Dude you need to understand what clutch means. It means comming through when it accounts. Now no one does it all the time. However even this year Wilson has down it more than most. Also I said this year not this half year. I. Curious if you can be honest with yourself, given you tried to change my statement to suite your narrative I doubt it.
I did not try to change your narrative. 3rd in game-winning drives or not, he has had far fewer CLUTCH moments this year than he typically does in prior seasons. You're trying to use one statistic to support your narrative while ignoring the larger picture.

balakoth":2qd31eyg said:
Everyone is quick to hate on RWs play, yet disregards the completely 13 year old madden play calling for most of the game

Some of you literally just rack up your posts with complete nonsense, to be honest
We've been putting Russell in a poor position to succeed on offense for most of his entire career. It was worse under Bevell than it is under Schottenheimer, though.

To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. That does not make him immune to criticism. Despite the overall stats on the season, Russell just played the poorest half of a season that he has in his entire career.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
potatohead33":lwuwyibj said:
Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.
:ditto:

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1m2s8npi said:
John63":1m2s8npi said:
I did not try to change your narrative. 3rd in game-winning drives or not, he has had far fewer CLUTCH moments this year than he typically does in prior seasons. You're trying to use one statistic to support your narrative while ignoring the larger picture.

balakoth":1m2s8npi said:

We've been putting Russell in a poor position to succeed on offense for most of his entire career. It was worse under Bevell than it is under Schottenheimer, though.

To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. That does not make him immune to criticism. Despite the overall stats on the season, Russell just played the poorest half of a season that he has in his entire career.

dude you did I said year you decided to change it to 2nd half. As to the rest I will go with this sentence "To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. "

and leave it at that

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Rat":b2ojtx30 said:
potatohead33":b2ojtx30 said:
Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.

Yeah, has that guy ever had a bad drop? His body control is absolutely awe-inspiring. I don't know how you even train for that.

You dont. It was a gift from who knows where...truly elite reciever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
31 4th quarter and OT comeback wins. Not clutch at all.
It's always just the Defense and Running game...….. :?

LTH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3iuzcgkv said:
Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...
No clue to what youve been watching but in the 4th quarter he absolutely is...Mike Holmgren has said it multiple times and if you don't believe a hall of fame coach who do you believe Donald Duck?

LTH

iigakusei

Reaction score
LTH":2yfn36xf said:
RolandDeschain":2yfn36xf said:
No clue to what youve been watching but in the 4th quarter he absolutely is...Mike Holmgren has said it multiple times and if you don't believe a hall of fame coach who do you believe Donald Duck?

LTH
Not saying Holmgren is wrong, but Troy Aikman is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he says some of the stupidest things about the game and players I have ever heard, so not sure it is all that relevant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":iu3e5a7e said:
RolandDeschain":iu3e5a7e said:
TypeSly":iu3e5a7e said:
Did you not read his post? He said who cares. You sound like you are a lot of fun at parties
Perhaps nobody recent knows Roland too well but if you look under his sig
you will find a clue to who he is.
He always despises bad grammar and what not by anyone and that includes me.
John-He simply was putting how it should have read,no offense but that is how
he has always been.
Once you see it enough it really isn't worth getting upset about.

LTH

Reaction score
iigakusei":1vrpx41n said:
LTH":1vrpx41n said:
RolandDeschain":1vrpx41n said:

LTH
Not saying Holmgren is wrong, but Troy Aikman is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he says some of the stupidest things about the game and players I have ever heard, so not sure it is all that relevant.

well... Ive never heard of anyone comparing Troy to Mike But it's relevant in the since that Mike Holmgren has coached and developed some of the greatest QB's in NFL history... Troy aikman is a clown...

LTH