The "Hollywood Russ" take

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":1dml87sn said:
Maelstrom787":1dml87sn said:
He had the same off-field life when he was cooking earlier in the season.

Can you please forward me the off-field camera set on him? I didn't know that was a thing.

My point is that there has been no big difference in his public, non-football life. I am criticizing statements to the contrary because there is no proof of such a change occurring.

You should probably be asking this question to the individuals baselessly stating that Russell is suddenly distracted by a podcast that has run the entire season, or a perfume that was developed during the offseason. Seems like they're the ones that have the magic mirror into Russell's life.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":30ome5zk said:
Maelstrom787":30ome5zk said:
I'm not defending Russ. I'm attacking stupidity, like the idea that creating a perfume mainly spearheaded by his wife and that was actually completed during the very early offseason is even slightly relevant when discussing the performance of a quarterback that is still statistically at the top of the league in several categories.

That's stupid. Very, very, very stupid. Your service, and your personal demons that create resentment towards successful people, are similarly irrelevant. You're entitled to jack $h!t,

It's also pretty stupid to care so much what is discussed on a football forum, and you're not entitled either to anything on a football forum.

You could lead by example instead of tiresome tirades such as this entire thread.

Bloviating is what sports fans do. We are not coaches analyzing film and then getting off track. We can bloviate all day. It's the online version of moronic bar talk. It's fine.

Bloviate on good 12's, bloviate on.

Leading by example? I don't know if you've seen what's happened to others who lead by example here, but I want no part of it.

I'd rather call out the nonsense for what it is.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1vvmraje said:
pinksheets":1vvmraje said:
The discourse here, especially after a loss, is so thoughtless and toxic. There used to be really thoughtful analysis here, and now it's threads about Russell being too hollywood or people saying, definitively, that Pete and Russ can't win and that any thought to the contrary means you're one of the sheeple. Did the posting population shift that much over a few years or have so many of us turned that sour? No forum is ever perfect, and I'm certainly glossing over some $h!t from the past, but damn, it gets ugly as hell here consistently.

Really off-putting.

It becomes more and more like the Facebook Seahawks page comment section daily. Just a constant stream of diarrhea pouring through keyboards. The real football minds have left, and what we're left with resembles the cartoonish baseball scouts in Moneyball, that evaluate the attractiveness of a guys girlfriend to determine how good of a player he'll be.

It's horrendous. I guess Russell was also distracted during the beginning of the season, when we saw him start hotter than any quarterback in the history of the league... which was also after the perfume everyone is talking about as the prime example of his distraction had been developed.

I guess it's just the way of the world, with everyone under stress in these unprecedented times. Sad to see it manifest so strongly on a football message board, but ah well.

some people have a gross misunderstanding of what's really happening in reality.... To understand what's really happening you have to understand why Carroll makes the choices he makes... And that information isn't available...most people posting are just shooting from the hip...Carroll says most everything he can in generalities he is not going to give away his strategy on any subject...

Not that I like it that way but that's the way it is...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":161mmgqg said:
Maelstrom787":161mmgqg said:
I'm not defending Russ. I'm attacking stupidity, like the idea that creating a perfume mainly spearheaded by his wife and that was actually completed during the very early offseason is even slightly relevant when discussing the performance of a quarterback that is still statistically at the top of the league in several categories.

That's stupid. Very, very, very stupid. Your service, and your personal demons that create resentment towards successful people, are similarly irrelevant. You're entitled to jack $h!t,

It's also pretty stupid to care so much what is discussed on a football forum, and you're not entitled either to anything on a football forum.

You could lead by example instead of tiresome tirades such as this entire thread.

Bloviating is what sports fans do. We are not coaches analyzing film and then getting off track. We can bloviate all day. It's the online version of moronic bar talk. It's fine.

Bloviate on good 12's, bloviate on.

And ass rockets launch!!!! Go!!! Boom!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
Optimus25":led6ynsl said:
I have an idea. If you're paid at nearly unprecedented levels, keep your damn perfume launches to the off season. Take your pathetic defense of Russ and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Having an off field life means kids, family, etc. NOT MAKING MORE MONEY.

I've left five times for 7 months a pop in defense of this country and believe me when i say it's seven months of all business unless someone dies. You losers defending these pampered millionaires make me sick. They need far more accountability for bs performances like this.

O how i wish i could buy out the nfl and restructure it all to a performance based pay system...
Thank you for your sacrifices and service! I agree with you

TypeSly

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1r48lu1n said:
Come on, folks.

Yes, the loss sucked. Losses suck, especially to a hapless Giants team on their second string. Yes, plenty of stupid decisions were made.

But... maybe we should keep the discussion to those decisions. Dissecting individual performances, scheme, and decisions like the punt in Giants territory.

Going on a limb about things that can scarcely be backed up, like Russ having an off-field life, is just... sophomoric, silly, and does nothing to actually explain his or the teams dip in offensive performance. He had the same off-field life when he was cooking earlier in the season.

Let's at least TRY to have some intelligent discourse here. Too much going-off-the-rails here. :twocents: :thcoffee:

Maelstrom, I agree with your point of view and most of your post, but you hve to remember that not everyone has the level of football knowledge that you have to be able to share with the forum. To be fair, sometimes off the field happenings have a big effect on the player's on-field performance (eg. Antonio Brown), even if that isn't the case here. Not that we want a big witch-hunt or anything, but who's to say that this isn't a factor? (For the record, I don't think the perfume deal is relevant at all lol)

We all know the Monday fan-forum storm is coming after a bad Sunday loss, but it sure makes for a lively message board! :mrgreen:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":uqnda3yi said:
Come on, folks.

Yes, the loss sucked. Losses suck, especially to a hapless Giants team on their second string. Yes, plenty of stupid decisions were made.

But... maybe we should keep the discussion to those decisions. Dissecting individual performances, scheme, and decisions like the punt in Giants territory.

Going on a limb about things that can scarcely be backed up, like Russ having an off-field life, is just... sophomoric, silly, and does nothing to actually explain his or the teams dip in offensive performance. He had the same off-field life when he was cooking earlier in the season.

Let's at least TRY to have some intelligent discourse here. Too much going-off-the-rails here. :twocents: :thcoffee:

1) This is a football forum and people are allowed to post what they want inside the parameters of the forum rules.

2) The titles are pretty obvious as to what will be discussed, so if you don't like it, scroll on by

3) Your name isn't blue i.e. a mod and even if it was, you wouldn't erase the inane threads because, again, they fall inside the posting guidelines. Thus, see point 2.

4) A veteran says he has deployed 7 times and is all about his business when doing so and you come back and say that he has personal demons against rich people to project? He was expressing an opinion about highly compensated players not being focused vice combat veterans, paid a fraction of the money, being locked in for months at a time. Please elaborate, because to me it seemed like you were trotting out the stereotype that all veterans have issues post-deployment.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2jz2i282 said:
Optimus25":2jz2i282 said:
I have an idea. If you're paid at nearly unprecedented levels, keep your damn perfume launches to the off season. Take your pathetic defense of Russ and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I've left five times for 7 months a pop in defense of this country and believe me when i say it's seven months of all business unless someone dies. You losers defending these pampered millionaires make me sick. They need far more accountability for bs performances like this.

O how i wish i could buy out the nfl and restructure it all to a performance based pay system...

Well, seems like you very obviously have some personal issues to work out, and probably shouldn't project it on everyone else.

That's stupid. Very, very, very stupid. Your service, and your personal demons that create resentment towards successful people, are similarly irrelevant. You're entitled to jack $h!t, and the implication that you're free to make stupid accusations without people calling them stupid is silly. So, please, by all means: attack Russell's play with some thoughtful analysis using actual football knowledge. Until then, the contention that a perfume is the cause of his recent dip in performance is stupid, and I'll keep calling it stupid, because it is STUPID.

So, be my guest, go be as sick as you want. I don't care, what you said is stupid.

Also: performance-based pay system? You mean like free agency, where a market is established for players based on their perceived caliber of play? Wow, how innovative. You should run for President.

As a fellow veteran myself, this is wrong guy to attack for stating his opinion boyo. Way wrong. Isn't this the golden age for inclusion for all you cuckholds? Seems you've sipped one too many soy lattes. I'll keep my comments clean for the main forum but you're WAY out of line. Punk.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I don’t mind people venting after a loss or cheering after a win. Y’know - here every week arguing the merits of both. That’s part of the territory.

What sets my teeth on edge is the sudden, enormous spike in posts after a loss by posters who never post on this forum at any other time. They only post after losses. Never on a win. Never in the week build up. Never during training camp or off season. Never at any other time. Just losses.

Watch next week. If it’s a win, the last thread prior to game time will be somewhere around the tenth thread from the top. If it’s a loss, it’ll be halfway down page 2.

...it’s ...it’s like they just want to be unhappy. They’re not happy unless they’re not happy.

PNW

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3hx3z2ea said:
Maelstrom787":3hx3z2ea said:
Optimus25":3hx3z2ea said:

Well, seems like you very obviously have some personal issues to work out, and probably shouldn't project it on everyone else.

That's stupid. Very, very, very stupid. Your service, and your personal demons that create resentment towards successful people, are similarly irrelevant. You're entitled to jack $h!t, and the implication that you're free to make stupid accusations without people calling them stupid is silly. So, please, by all means: attack Russell's play with some thoughtful analysis using actual football knowledge. Until then, the contention that a perfume is the cause of his recent dip in performance is stupid, and I'll keep calling it stupid, because it is STUPID.

So, be my guest, go be as sick as you want. I don't care, what you said is stupid.

Also: performance-based pay system? You mean like free agency, where a market is established for players based on their perceived caliber of play? Wow, how innovative. You should run for President.

As a fellow veteran myself, this is wrong guy to attack for stating his opinion boyo. Way wrong. Isn't this the golden age for inclusion for all you cuckholds? Seems you've sipped one too many soy lattes. I'll keep my comments clean for the main forum but you're WAY out of line. Punk.
Thanks for your service as well. I bet he wouldn’t talk like that to his face.....

bmorepunk

Reaction score
uncle fester":2y7ylnt8 said:
I don’t mind people venting after a loss or cheering after a win. Y’know - here every week arguing the merits of both. That’s part of the territory.

What sets my teeth on edge is the sudden, enormous spike in posts after a loss by posters who never post on this forum at any other time. They only post after losses. Never on a win. Never in the week build up. Never during training camp or off season. Never at any other time. Just losses.

Watch next week. If it’s a win, the last thread prior to game time will be somewhere around the tenth thread from the top. If it’s a loss, it’ll be halfway down page 2.

...it’s ...it’s like they just want to be unhappy. They’re not happy unless they’re not happy.

It really seems like some people don't enjoy watching unless the game meets a very particular set of expectations, even in wins. They just seem angry, and I don't get that. If it's not fun you really should be doing something else with your time, life is limited and spending it angry when you should be enjoying it is no way to be.

Also, I'm not impressed with the self-worship of former servicemembers in this thread. None of that has bearing on a game we watch for entertainment.

uncle fester

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2x40ckj1 said:
uncle fester":2x40ckj1 said:

It really seems like some people don't enjoy watching unless the game meets a very particular set of expectations, even in wins. They just seem angry, and I don't get that. If it's not fun you really should be doing something else with your time, life is limited and spending it angry when you should be enjoying it is no way to be.

Exactly!

Also, I'm not impressed with the self-worship of former servicemembers in this thread. None of that has bearing on a game we watch for entertainment.

...and yeah, that kinda thing is at the weird end of the scale for justifications.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I joined the forum a while back to learn more about the game, strategies, etc. I don't feel that I have a lot to contribute so I don't post much but I do read a lot.

Another reason I don't post is because of so much vitriol and this thread is an example. The comments to a veteran serving our country was beyond un-cool. It was toxic.

Thank you Optimus25 for your service!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
A lot of the posting I do here is from my dad's house. I commute there 3 days a week to take care of him. He's 95 and one of the few remaining WWll vets in this region. His mind is shot, no short term memory, nearly blind. He's a handful to keep at home, but anything is better than shipping him out to some "care center" prison. I'm all in on respecting and caring for our vets. Hope I get the same consideration.
Just being a vet does not excuse any of us from being wrong, any more than it makes unsound reasoning right.
Need to vent? I get that. I did most of mine during halftime when the handwriting on the wall was vivid. Didn't help a thing. No one played better because of my hysterics. It didn't cause me to make any new friends. When it was over it didn't even make me feel better.
Salute, and get ready for another game that could produce a similar result. One way or the other fully half the fanbases in the country will be left unsatisfied about results every week. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Get over it.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2icocu8c said:
Maelstrom787":2icocu8c said:
Optimus25":2icocu8c said:

Attacking him for stating his opinion? Bruh. I stated my opinion in the beginning of this thread about the current discourse around the loss, and this dude/chick has a war flashback on the thread, calls me a loser, and goes on about how people like me "make them sick."

Feel free to cry more if I struck a nerve with you, though. It's a healthy outlet - crying, that is. Nice of you to bring out the cliched Alex Jones insults about soy, too. You must feel very original.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Every fanbase has them - the Rams have some really annoying LA only fans who have only experienced one year of Fisher and now four of McVay. These posters freak out in much the same way.

No offense, but I figure some of these Seahawks posters must be newer fans because, this is has been the best 9 years in Seahawks history, and would be the best 9 year stretch in most teams history (probably every team outside of the Steelers, Cowboys, Niners, Giants, and Patriots).

With the guaranteed win over the Jets, the Rams will clinch four straight winning seasons for the first time since 1983-1986 (the year I was born - so the first four straight winning seasons in my lifetime).

On Sunday, Seattle will clinch 9 consecutive winning seasons.

Playoff wins by Russell Wilson - 9
Playoff wins by all other Seahawks QBs combined - 8

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
uncle fester":39qij29v said:
bmorepunk":39qij29v said:
uncle fester":39qij29v said:

Exactly!

...and yeah, that kinda thing is at the weird end of the scale for justifications.

The way people are responding, it seems like this sort of justification works far too often. You would think I foreclosed on their house and keyed their car the way some are upset that I responded to a post literally calling me and anyone who agrees with me re: Russell a loser who "makes them sick." I really have no idea what relevance that sort of thing holds when discussing football behind a screenname, but meh. That discussion has run its course.

To try to steer this back towards discussion of the topic: the whole reason for this thread is just to say that coming up with things out of thin air, like Russell suddenly being too distracted to play well despite us being privy to no information to indicate that, is bad, and degrades the overall level of discourse on the site. It's just baseless speculation, and I'm really not sure why its spreading. That's all. I'm not trying to make anything personal here, I'm trying to drive it away from that by not doing things like pulling rank based on things I've done in real life that have nothing to do with football or this board.

I'm not pretending to have any power over what people post, or saying that people CAN'T post a certain thing. Just offering my rebuttal and stating why I think it's harmfully speculative, and I'm sorry, but I can't see how that isn't fair game.

Ramfan128":39qij29v said:
Every fanbase has them - the Rams have some really annoying LA only fans who have only experienced one year of Fisher and now four of McVay. These posters freak out in much the same way.

No offense, but I figure some of these Seahawks posters must be newer fans because, this is has been the best 9 years in Seahawks history, and would be the best 9 year stretch in most teams history (probably every team outside of the Steelers, Cowboys, Niners, Giants, and Patriots).

With the guaranteed win over the Jets, the Rams will clinch four straight winning seasons for the first time since 1983-1986 (the year I was born - so the first four straight winning seasons in my lifetime).

On Sunday, Seattle will clinch 9 consecutive winning seasons.

Playoff wins by Russell Wilson - 9
Playoff wins by all other Seahawks QBs combined - 8

I'm totally fine with it being a sad state of affairs after a loss here. It's understandable, we're all pissed, especially having been spoiled with constant winning. Some of the discourse is starting to come off the rails though with the "Hollywood Russ" angle, and I just want to add a rebuttal to that angle specifically.