The Patriots are irrelevant

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
LTH":2kud4ndw said:
GeekHawk":2kud4ndw said:
Actually, you've accidentally stumbled across something I tried to impress upon students at the kung-fu school where I black-belted before my last motorcycle wreck. When competing, the true competition isn't the other guy, it's yourself. You have absolutely no control over how good, talented, or tenacious the other person is, you only have control over those things inside you. During competition, if you get everything out of yourself that's inside, then if the other person either doesn't have it as good as you or can't bring it out you win. If your best isn't as good as the other person's best and you both perform to your potential you lose. The real competition is getting the highest skills inside you, then bringing them out without regard to the other person.

In that way, the other team is always irrelevant.

YES!!! thats it!! But Ive been listening to Carroll and the whole team talk about it for as long as Carroll has been coach of the Seahawks and I just recently saw it... I wonder how long its gonna take the national media to see it...

LTH

This is the definition of a bad thread, and I'm sure 95% of Hawks fans would agree. How irrelevant was GB last week, who had you beat so bad it was embarrassing before their ST's made 2 bonehead unforced errors that cost them 11 points and the win?

How irrelevant was SF in last year's playoff game when they had you beat if not for an underthrow by their QB? I'll give Sherman some kudo's for a good play to swat it away, but a good throw and you're out.

Hawks could easily be spectators for these 2 SB's. How does that mesh with your claim?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":30bo7xf0 said:
LTH":30bo7xf0 said:
GeekHawk":30bo7xf0 said:
Actually, you've accidentally stumbled across something I tried to impress upon students at the kung-fu school where I black-belted before my last motorcycle wreck. When competing, the true competition isn't the other guy, it's yourself. You have absolutely no control over how good, talented, or tenacious the other person is, you only have control over those things inside you. During competition, if you get everything out of yourself that's inside, then if the other person either doesn't have it as good as you or can't bring it out you win. If your best isn't as good as the other person's best and you both perform to your potential you lose. The real competition is getting the highest skills inside you, then bringing them out without regard to the other person.

YES!!! thats it!! But Ive been listening to Carroll and the whole team talk about it for as long as Carroll has been coach of the Seahawks and I just recently saw it... I wonder how long its gonna take the national media to see it...

LTH

This is the definition of a bad thread, and I'm sure 95% of Hawks fans would agree. How irrelevant was GB last week, who had you beat so bad it was embarrassing before their ST's made 2 bonehead unforced errors that cost them 11 points and the win?

How irrelevant was SF in last year's playoff game when they had you beat if not for an underthrow by their QB? I'll give Sherman some kudo's for a good play to swat it away, but a good throw and you're out.

Hawks could easily be spectators for these 2 SB's. How does that mesh with your claim?

Dude you wont find a Hawks fan that thinks this team is gonna lose... WE ALL BELIEVE... WE ARE ALL IN! We are the 12th man... we win together and we lose together.... what the pats are walking into is a stadium full of the 12's and a Hawks football team who believe the Hawks are going to give the greatest performance in the history of football... That has nothing to do with the greatness of the Pats... the Pats are a great team and Im 100 percent sure that the hawks want the toughest team to play against and they have it with the Pats... Im not taking a thing away from the patroits...

Just my take

LTH

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1pkcnies said:
LTH":1pkcnies said:
GeekHawk":1pkcnies said:

LTH

Actually patsfan, I think you helped prove the point by bringing up GB. Seattle beat themselves for 56 plus minutes that game. Seattle was clearly the better team, especially since they won despite 5 turnovers from bad throws by Wilson, two bad drops that bounced right into GB's hands, and a ridiculous fumble (caused by himself) by Baldwin. So yes, the other team was irrelevant. They (GB) didn't make ridiculous, great plays to get those turnovers. The Seahawks played great enough as a team to overcome all that and take their rightful place as the winner of the game. The defense held the great Aaron Rodgers to one td despite all those extra possessions. To me that's a great defense and great team overall to overcome their own errors to beat a really good team. And to bring up the San Francisco game? Realistically how many corners make that play? Sherman's abilities and length are the reason that play was made.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":jpmw3eb3 said:
50yrpatsfan":jpmw3eb3 said:
LTH":jpmw3eb3 said:
GeekHawk":jpmw3eb3 said:

LTH

Actually patsfan, I think you helped prove the point by bringing up GB. Seattle beat themselves for 56 plus minutes that game. Seattle was clearly the better team, especially since they won despite 5 turnovers from bad throws by Wilson, two bad drops that bounced right into GB's hands, and a ridiculous fumble (caused by himself) by Baldwin. So yes, the other team was irrelevant. They (GB) didn't make ridiculous, great plays to get those turnovers. The Seahawks played great enough as a team to overcome all that and take their rightful place as the winner of the game. The defense held the great Aaron Rodgers to one td despite all those extra possessions. To me that's a great defense and great team overall to overcome their own errors to beat a really good team. And to bring up the San Francisco game? Realistically how many corners make that play? Sherman's abilities and length are the reason that play was made.

Every fan of every team always says that they beat themselves. Seattle "beat themselves' for 56 mins. Of course the Packers had nothing to do with it. The Packers had the game won and "beat themselves". Of course Seattle had nothing to do with it.

Get off the "Beat Themselves" stupidity. GB had Seattle on the ropes, and you can chaulk it up to whatever you like, and then the most incredible 5 minutes + OT of football with some of the most unexpected things happened and Seattle pulled out an incredible victory. This whole thread IS ridiculous. No team is ever going to play mistake-free football, so the whole "we just have to play mistake-free and we'll beat anybody" blah blah blah is just that.

Seattle started to make plays in the 2nd half and the Packers went too conservative and payed for it, that plus several amazing plays and Seattle wins. End of story.

Seattle did play great defense, no doubt about it. And GB played way too conservative. But that's 20-20 hindsight. And the "great" A Rodgers was obviously hobbled. Even Thomas said so. But that doesn't excuse his performance, but also chalk that up to the Seattle secondary. Also, Wilson didn't make a bunch of bad throws just because. GB played great defense for 3 and 1/2 quarters. Give credit where credit is due. GBs pass rush was all over him, and a couple of receivers also made a bad play on his throws. That's they way it happens.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
your peeing in your cherrio's.... what is ridiculous is that you wont give Seattle credit for being clutch... your in denial... The Greenbay Packers are one of the greatest football teams this year and you dis honor THEM by arguing your point... they went into Seattle and LOST.... stop making excuses and man up... If for some unforseen reason Seattle loses this SB... Im not gonna do anything but give credit to NE because for NE to beat Seattle its gonna take the greatest performance of the year...

LTH

ExpatPack

Reaction score
LTH":2ahavy5h said:
your peeing in your cherrio's.... what is ridiculous is that you wont give Seattle credit for being clutch... your in denial... The Greenbay Packers are one of the greatest football teams this year and you dis honor THEM by arguing your point... they went into Seattle and LOST.... stop making excuses and man up... If for some unforseen reason Seattle loses this SB... Im not gonna do anything but give credit to NE because for NE to beat Seattle its gonna take the greatest performance of the year...

LTH

If you gave my post half a read, you would realize that I didn't make excuses for them and I gave Seattle plenty of credit for winning. I give Seattle the edge tomorrow. But your whole GB and NE are irrelevant is...ok, if you wanna just talk smack guess it's time for me to stop posting.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ExpatPack":2avlari5 said:
LTH":2avlari5 said:

LTH

If you gave my post half a read, you would realize that I didn't make excuses for them and I gave Seattle plenty of credit for winning. I give Seattle the edge tomorrow. But your whole GB and NE are irrelevant is...ok, if you wanna just talk smack guess it's time for me to stop posting.

What I want to know is why you dont give GB credit...They had a great year... they played very well agaist Seattle but they lost...

LTH

ExpatPack

Reaction score
LTH":6z49jicr said:
ExpatPack":6z49jicr said:
LTH":6z49jicr said:

LTH

What I want to know is why you dont give GB credit...They had a great year... they played very well agaist Seattle but they lost...

LTH

Of course I gave the Packers credit. Their defense played lights out for 55 mins, they put themselves in position to win the game and go to the SB playing in probably the toughest environment agains the best defense in the NFL. That's impressive. But man, those last 5 minutes were surreal. The improbable combination of costly mistakes plus the plays Seattle made still has me shaking my head.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I think everybody including the Seahawks are in shock...

LTH

ExpatPack

Reaction score
LTH":395g3au8 said:
I think everybody including the Seahawks are in shock...

LTH

I'm not sure we'll see a playoff game like that again for a long, long time.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I just don't see the need to diminish the Patriots somehow.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with diminishing anyone. The Hawks are the most talented overall football team in the world. If they don't beat themselves, they won't lose.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2zpweddp said:
I just don't see the need to diminish the Patriots somehow.

That maybe because of the way I explained it in the first post if you read the whole thread it explains it better.... It has nothing to do with how good the Pats are...the Pats record speaks for its self... they are a championship team over and over maybe the best team in the last 20 years.... but to the Hawks they are irrelevant because the Hawks focas on what they do... Richard Sherman is the prime example of what Im talking about...I apologize if I gave the impression that the Pats were less than there record shows thats not it...

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Patriots are definitely not irrelevant. They very much deserving of this as are the Seahawks. However, the main point is that the Seahawks really beat themselves for much of NFCCG and they cannot do that. The Seahawks can't make the Patriots additionally relevant by making similar mistakes as they did against the Packers.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2l6umk0a said:
Patriots are definitely not irrelevant. They very much deserving of this as are the Seahawks. However, the main point is that the Seahawks really beat themselves for much of NFCCG and they cannot do that. The Seahawks can't make the Patriots additionally relevant by making similar mistakes as they did against the Packers.

Your not getting it brother... Read Carrolls book... Ive heard Carroll say that some times it takes a while for the younger players to get it... Truthfully Ive been listening to Carroll's PC since he has been the coach and I didnt get it...I think mostly because they really dont put it into context... it wasnt till just before the Greenbay game that I truley understood what Carroll and the players are talking about in their PC... if you are a player, think about the type of confidance in your self that it takes to come back from the Greenbay game... think about how perfect that last drive was in over time and the knowingness Wilson had that he was going to score... then listen to Carroll talk about what it takes to make the Seahawk roster and then think about it...its a Philosophy of compitition and life... its kind of a zen thing... Most people dont get it... but when you do get it you will be like Damn! How did I miss that...

LTH

bradynumber4

Reaction score
I just hope the Seahawks team thinks the same way most of their fans do, because they will lose this game if they do. This is not the Broncos last year. The past won't let the hawks stick a thumbs up, jump over a tackle and let them in for a free touchdown. Hawks will have to work for it.

If they play the same way as they did Green bay for 55 minutes then they'll be gone.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bradynumber4":1nwgm9h5 said:
I just hope the Seahawks team thinks the same way most of their fans do, because they will lose this game if they do. This is not the Broncos last year. The past won't let the hawks stick a thumbs up, jump over a tackle and let them in for a free touchdown. Hawks will have to work for it.

If they play the same way as they did Green bay for 55 minutes then they'll be gone.
The OP explained himself, he wasn't bashing the Pats, even if the thread title makes it sound like it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Oh, and one of the reasons we often are dismissive of teams we face is we are very confident that Pete and the team are not.

davdog

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":etvu6k50 said:
LTH":etvu6k50 said:
The New England Patriots are Irrelevant!

Am I crazy?

LTH

You're not crazy, I just posted this over in the NFL Nation forum but I think it fits here too and I really want to hear some feedback on it.

I get that in the early 2000's the Patriots won 3 of 4 Super Bowls, and honestly I dont know a ton about the team that accomplished that amazing success. But if you look at the last ten years(entire century!), Belicheck's post season record doesn't seem that impressive to me. Especially considering he has, arguably, the best QB in the history of football.

Here are his numbers over the past ten seasons including this year, 11-8 (57%) total record, Missed the playoffs once, Super Bowl appearances 2, Super Bowl Wins 0.

Now before you get all puffy chested Pats fans, here you are, with a 3 time Super Bowl winning HOF QB that alot of people would say is the Greatest QB in the history of the NFL, however, the divisional record of the AFC East over the last 10 years not including Pats is a whopping .429, that would rank dead last according to this random SOS article i found from earlier in 2014http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...th-of-schedule-raiders-at-no-1-colts-at-no-32. Why is this important? Your team is handed the softest schedule every single year playing in that craptastic division, which basically equates to an auto Home Field Playoff game with a HOF QB every single year, I'm surprised yall dont have 6-7 Trophies already tbh.

To put the numbers into perspective Pete Carroll, since being the Seahawks HC, is 7-2 (78%), missed the playoffs once(before he had a quality QB), Super bowl appearances 2, Super Bowl wins 1. NFC West Win percentage the last 5 years is .496 which would rank 15 on the link provided, basically an over all average division.

The New England Patriots have been Irrelevant for the past century!

What a crcok! 19 playoff games in the last 10 years and you're calling them out? The one year they didn't make it was the year without Brady and they still went 11-5. Didn't the hawks make the playoffs once recently with a sub .500 record?
were the hawks two SB losing seasons just a waste of a season or were they awesome years that they almost did it?
Your own fellow fans should kick you off this forum for posting this crap.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
This is the stupidest post I have ever read in any forum on any subject. Is the state of Washington a third world country?