The player that went away

xray

Reaction score
What is your favorite player in the last 10 years that the Hawks lost though one way or another , Mine is Golden Tate...I always imagined Tate & Baldwin on the field with Wilson slinging it...that's called moving the chains .

D

DomeHawk

xray":36vkylhx said:
What is your favorite player in the last 10 years that the Hawks lost though one way or another , Mine is Golden Tate...I always imagined Tate & Baldwin on the field with Wilson slinging it...that's called moving the chains .

I agree, I really liked Tate.

ET was obviously at a higher level as a perennial all-pro but his antics lost me as a fan.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Clint Gresham. The guy only ever made one bad snap, and it was on purpose (snapped through the endzone to get a safety, in a weird situation where that was a good strategy).

justafan

Reaction score
Chancellor. I want to say Beastmode. Kam was the physical force as well as the having football intelligence that kept everyone on the same page. A true leader.

That play he just crushed that Card OL and made the tackle was one of the most physical plays I have ever seen by a D player. He set the tone.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If I had to choose from the last 10 years, I would say Golden Tate. I didn't really consider Lynch, Sherm, Earl, or Kam because there were other circumstances (retirement or bridges burned) that didn't allow them to be here.

However, the title of this thread immediately made me think of Joe Jurevicius.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Marshawn.

Through Bevell and perhaps Pete, Lynch felt driven away somewhat or under appreciated and left. Not to bring up the pain of XLIX again, but IMO, if they gave him the ball, no matter what would’ve happened, I think Lynch sticks around in Seattle a couple more years. In ‘15 his attitude changed, perhaps as a result from what transpired in XLIX, and soon he was gone.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ulzl3go6 said:
xray":ulzl3go6 said:

I agree, I really liked Tate.

ET was obviously at a higher level as a perennial all-pro but his antics lost me as a fan.

And Tate's "antics" didn't ??

QuahHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":x60ahit9 said:
Max Unger.

I was leaning Max as well. I don't think Jimmy has the impact expected and I can only imagine Russ would have had so much more stability up front. Although Max was injured often he was a upper echelon OL and there were a few years we were bare. Didn't matter who was catching passes because we couldn't keep DL off Russ.

As a fan I really liked watching Brandon Browner and wished we had kept him a year or two longer. You could say if Browner was on the Seahawks for one more year we would have won back to back as he blew up Kearse on the dreaded 1 yd line Int play.

As others mention I also really like Tate in his late few years. He was like a pin ball with the ball in his hands and had the best "most debated catch" in the GB hail mary game. He may not have put up the stats he did in Detroit but we'd have had more production for less $ than Percy Harvin.

Justin Coleman has been missed pretty bad. I know he got paid but our Secondary has not recovered.

Honorable Mention: Brandon Mebane, Jaye Howard, Spencer Ware, Mark Glowinski, Alex Collins

Players I was fine with leaving due to their new $ in the PC era
Byron Maxwell
Paul Richardson
Desean Shead
Luke Willson
Bruce Irvin
James Carpenter
JR Sweezy

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have always contended that losing Tate lost us the NE SB and probably one more trip to the SB (and likely win) against the Broncos again.

Not only that, but Tate was a very good blocker for the run game.

Worst loss for us that I can imagine. My favorite players were still Lynch, Kam, Earl, Sherman and Browner (I know he tried to kill someone but he was awesome on the field as an intimidator) - but the loss of Tate was the first domino in the toppling of the dynasty.

Next was Lynch. But without an OL to block for Lynch, it almost did not matter by that point.

Torc

Reaction score
There was a moment last Sunday (I can't remember the exact play) where the safety whiffed on a tackle and it caused a long gain....I turned to my wife and said "there's no way Earl allows that play". I miss his willingness to play full tilt until the end of the play, and the times where he knocked a ball out of a runner's hands before they crossed the goal line. Kam did that too, but Earl was the best at it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's gotta be Kam........for not only the physicality, edge and what he brought to the defense on the field. But for his leadership in the lockeroom helping lead and control a LOT of volatile personalities.

I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as Kam left, guys like Earl, Doug and Sherm started acting out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Surprised by this but Sherman. He just gave a certain level of confidence that seemed to carry over into the rest of the team, the fans etc. The GB game when he picked off Rodgers in the end zone sort of sums that feeling up for me. He drove me nuts at times but when he was at his best he was so much fun and I think under appreciated since leaving by the fan base although I also understand why.