The Spin For Optimism aka A Take On Our Season Thus Far

byau

Reaction score
Almost halfway through and one way to "spin" our season

GAME 1: PACKERS - stellar game which we think should be indicative of the Seahawks

GAME 2: CHARGERS - possible outlier with temperature, lack of focus and preparation (possibly thinking towards Denver), and San Diego had one of their best games ever (and turns out they're pretty good). STILL ALMOST WINNABLE

GAME 3: BRONCOS- stellar game, though we let off the gas pedal, but Wilson shows we have what it takes to win

BYE

GAME 4: REDSKINS - not a bad game, we let off the gas again, otherwise good game

At this point, is it possible that the Percy Harvin issues with offensive playcalling are starting to show? We have definitely seen the offense starting to get cutesy around this time

GAME 5: COWBOYS - possible outlier if Percy Harvin is causing issues with the offensive playcalling, STILL ALMOST WINNABLE

GAME 6: RAMS - trading Harvin, the start of our rebound? It's a disruption even if it''s for the better because mentally the players may not be there (since it happened just that Friday). Lord knows it disrupted the NFL media and this board, it's got to have some sort of effect on the players and their heads may not be in it. STILL ALMOST WINNABLE

GAME 7: PANTHERS - The rebound has started. The defense still trying to find its identity. The offense too. This game is almost a "still almost winnable" except similar to last season, they find the way to win.

Some conclusions:

Every game has been winnable, and I see the games we lost as the ones we were not mentally strong for.

If the Seahawks can mentally stay strong and confident every game, they have the means to not lose any more. I still see them losing one more game this season, possibly two, but I wouldn't be able to predict to whom because to me it's all on the Seahawks.

If they are mentally strong, they'll win.

If they are not mentally strong, they'll lose.

Doesn't matter which team it is be it the Raiders or the Cardinals.

Consider a few more mental things:

The defense is still finding its identity, and while the Panthers O-line is not steller, Cam Newton, Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin are nothing to sneeze at. Jon Stewart didn't look bad either. And the defense held them to 9 points

The offense is still finding its identity, but with the poise of Russell Wilson they found a way to win. A possible exception is the Cowboys. You could possibly say if the rumored Percy Harvin chemistry issue didn't brew up, the Hawks would have been ready for that final score. But I do not want to take credit away from the Cowboys - they really played their best and deserved the win. However I would say 7 out of 10 times, Russell can win that game for us.

Every loss has been winnable no matter how poorly the Seahawks have played

This defense, when clicking, I firmly believe can hold just about any team to 13 points or under

This offense, when clicking, I firmly believe can put 17 points or more on the board

I don't want to look for injuries as a reason for any wins or losses because every team has injuries.

I firmly believe the rest of the games are all on the Seahawks to win or lose. But now they seriously have to know what it is to have the bullseye on their back. Other teams are going to give you the Seahawks their best, so the Seahawks have to give their best back every game. And the bullseye is there for the media too, ready to scrutinize you and take you down, and so you have to be mentally strong for that too.

Thoughts?