They Look Goooooooood....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Stop the run, ( 3 RB TD's lolol) and let Wilson kick your ass with some great passing, AND one hell of a good run :2thumbs:
Jamal Adams???, Oh hell yeah!, his 'All Over The Field' play, freed up the entire Defense to make outstanding plays....This acquisition was a stroke of genius!!.
So, hmm, what's up with Pete Carroll turning Russell Wilson lose from the very get-go?? :stirthepot:

toffee

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":u0gzp8fq said:
Appyhawk":u0gzp8fq said:
We got 4 sacks today.
Sorry Appy, I would agree with you, but we only got 2 sacks today. If we were getting 4/gm, we'd be leading the league. I'd be happy with 3/gm. I think they'll come, but today was against a pretty veteran O-line. I feel like it's just gonna take some time.
I am hoping to get 2 per game from our DL, another 1.5 per game from others .

We are half way there.

How did Green do today? Collier?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
toffee":3dldjelz said:
Jazzhawk":3dldjelz said:
Appyhawk":3dldjelz said:
We got 4 sacks today.
Sorry Appy, I would agree with you, but we only got 2 sacks today. If we were getting 4/gm, we'd be leading the league. I'd be happy with 3/gm. I think they'll come, but today was against a pretty veteran O-line. I feel like it's just gonna take some time.

We are half way there.

Underwhelming. Between them, 3 tackles, 2 solo, 1 QB hit.

Last year, Pittsburg led the NFL with 3.4 sacks/gm. Seattle was 24th at 2.1/gm. So if we came in at 4/gm, we'd be leading the league by a wide margin. I'd say that is unlikely. But moving up to 2.5-3/gm would be awesome. Just 1 more per game would literally bring the team to elite level.

balakoth

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3b0cocr2 said:
We got 4 sacks today. If we can get 4 every game this year that turns into a pretty good number.
We didn't churn out big running yards, but our run game was effective.
None of receivers turned in a record setting performance, but they got the job done.
Our O line wasn't anywhere near perfect, but Russ survived to put another splendid performance in the books.
Our D line was about as expected, but did a journeyman job and each of them contributed big plays along the way. They'll get better.
I think it's really important to consider that Atlanta is a very good team.
If everyone on our team keeps up the level of play they turned in today we'll win a lot of games this year.
Again.

We had 2 sacks today

toffee

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1lqc52en said:
toffee":1lqc52en said:
Jazzhawk":1lqc52en said:
Appyhawk":1lqc52en said:
We got 4 sacks today.

We are half way there.

Underwhelming. Between them, 3 tackles, 2 solo, 1 QB hit.

Last year, Pittsburg led the NFL with 3.4 sacks/gm. Seattle was 24th at 2.1/gm. So if we came in at 4/gm, we'd be leading the league by a wide margin. I'd say that is unlikely. But moving up to 2.5-3/gm would be awesome. Just 1 more per game would literally bring the team to elite level.

You are right, if we 1.5 sacks a game from DL, and 1 sack from others, we will have 40 sacks for 16 games and we are alright, .

Last season we averaged less than 2 a game, more like 1.75. so we are ahead of the curve .

niveky

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3czrbuq8 said:
Appyhawk":3czrbuq8 said:
We got 4 sacks today.

unfortunately, i did not get to see the game and while i was initially underwhelmed at them only getting 2 sacks, i did notice that they had 10 total qb hits and 4 tackles for a loss. I would imagine on most of those qb hits Ryan was behind the line of scrimmage, so I am very encouraged just from seeing the stat line.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that Homer's presence on the field was troubling to me. Other than that and some hiccups here and there that we should expect in week 1 without any preseason games, etc...I was fully impressed. Russ was cookin' today!

That 4th and 5 bomb to DK?! Poetry. Back Breaker.

Shout out to Marquise Blair for a fantastic hit on that fake punt on Atlanta's 4th down to jar the ball away for a recovery. Plays like that remind me of the good ol' LOB days. Jamal Adams would have fit right in with the LOB. He's half Kam and half Earl.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was hard to know how this first game would go being at Atlanta and no preseason games. With that said I was very impressed with our play! It's just one game, but a great start! :2thumbs:

rcaido

Reaction score
I thought we had 3 sacks today?

Collier, Adams, & Mayowa.

themunn

Reaction score
Ryan had the intentional grounding penalty. 10 yards and loss of down. For all purposes it's a sack and Ryan only dropped it to the ground to avoid the sack, but doesn't show up on the stat sheet as one.

AlciG

Reaction score
toffee":1e86m1nk said:
rcaido":1e86m1nk said:
I thought we had 3 sacks today?

Collier, Adams, & Mayowa.
Collier had a sack?

He didn't, but he forced Ryan into an intentional grounding while to avoid that sack. He won't get credited with one, but it's the same result.

I won't care if at the end if the season he has 0 sacks, but has forced 16 intentional grounding calls :)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Aros":267yvg6v said:
Mad Dog":267yvg6v said:
It’s game one. Almost never reflects reality, especially after an offseason of no preseason games.

I’m glad we won a road opener but I’m not going to make any over the top declarations.

Any win on the road against a decent team is a great win, week 1 or week 16.

Any win is a great win. Doesn't mean we have a great team or that we'll be putting up 38 points a game. Teams adapt as the season goes on and some become great and others fall by the wayside. It's too early to say where we'll end up.

But 1-0, baby. Far better than 0-1.

RCATES

Reaction score
Offense looks great although Russ is still taking way too many hits. O-Line shaky as always.

Defense is a problem. Outside of Safety and LB there are major problems. Basically no pass rush from the front 4.
Dunbar was awful. Griffin made some plays but got beat a lot yesterday. Just going to chalk this one up as not many teams hit you with this much talent at WR. Giving up 500 yards of Offense never looks good.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RCATES":2pmcn7rd said:
Offense looks great although Russ is still taking way too many hits. O-Line shaky as always.

Defense is a problem. Outside of Safety and LB there are major problems. Basically no pass rush from the front 4.
Dunbar was awful. Griffin made some plays but got beat a lot yesterday. Just going to chalk this one up as not many teams hit you with this much talent at WR. Giving up 500 yards of Offense never looks good.

Even if Russell had all pro's at every spot on the O-line, he's still going to take 2-3 shots a game. It's just how he's wired, to scramble and extend plays.

Means he's going to take hits. Not absolving the O-line yesterday, they were average at best, just saying I don't think having an elite O-line saves us from seeing Russell take hits.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
With a lot of newer pieces, I'm expecting the D to improve. How much practice time did Dunbar get? Plus the Falcons...

Saw some pressure from the edges, but the pocket never got pushed at all it seemed. Needs to improve.

OL looked like about a wash with what were used to, but should continue to jell. Plus Grady Jarret's really good.

Makes it an encouraging win, at least.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1kz9uocm said:
With a lot of newer pieces, I'm expecting the D to improve. How much practice time did Dunbar get? Plus the Falcons...

Saw some pressure from the edges, but the pocket never got pushed at all it seemed. Needs to improve.

OL looked like about a wash with what were used to, but should continue to jell. Plus Grady Jarret's really good.

Makes it an encouraging win, at least.

Great point on Grady Jarrett. I wouldn’t mind if the Seahawks traded Jarran Reed + future draft pick for him. That dude is a monster and just what is needed on interior DL.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Aros":1f72ql1q said:
I agree that Homer's presence on the field was troubling to me.
And the play calls when he was in. Homer's not fast enough and big enough to win on edge runs. Terrible choices to play him and make those calls.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The D will improve. EVERY team will probably see their defense improve. Most defenses look far behind the offenses right now.

Still our OL looks like it will be an Achilles heel. Worried about keeping Wilson healthy with that many hits.

Our DL looks like a huge problem. We are not getting pressure on the QB with 4. With Adams rushing, (and maybe Blair out in coverage), we still are getting pressure - but it won't be long before teams start adjusting. Imagine the Patriots will give the league a template for dealing with that - Bill is exceptional at making adjustments.

That we scored 2 TDs in the 1st half is a really good sign. Hopefully this continues.

Wilson was also throwing quick passes. Which is not normal for us. Another good sign.

1 game is not a trend but it is a good start.

Our secondary should keep us in games though, even with the middling base pass rush. And our offense can score reasonably well assuming we allow Wilson to do so. Another good sign.

For a first game at 10 am on the road this was a good win.

Latest posts