This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Dallas Cowboys

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey SonnyBoy, Marshawn Lynch doesn't concern you, or even better.... Percy Harvin? I know one thing .....
your D.C. is concerned.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Largent80":3qw7qwvn said:
Hey SonnyBoy, Marshawn Lynch doesn't concern you, or even better.... Percy Harvin? I know one thing .....
your D.C. is concerned.

Did he say he wasn't concerned with Lynch or Harvin? I don't remember reading that.

Largent80

Reaction score
He only mentioned Wilson. I would also be concerned about Kearse and Baldwin as well. You know, the ones that helped bury the Broncos in the Super Bowl?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":11wca4lt said:
your D.C. is concerned.
He has one post as of right now, and hasn't mentioned anything about Marshawn or Percy in it. Did you refer to the wrong person, Largent?

Sonnyboy":11wca4lt said:
Outstanding Post. You obviously know football.
Thanks. I'm not one of the more brilliant football minds around here at all, but I try to be unbiased and I know the game fairly well.

I'm confident the Cowboys can win and are ready to put forth an excellent effort Sunday.
Agreed. You certainly can win, though obviously it's very hard to do so in our house.

I think Wilson may be the best QB playing right now. Agree?
I would not go that far. I think he's top five, but very hard to quantify because we're a run-first offense in a big way. Russell rarely gets the opportunity to put the team on his back to demonstrate what he can do. Sometimes, but not very often.

How do you view Romo in this match up? Concerned?
Romo's fully capable of having a good day against us. What concerns me is if Dallas can effectively put Dez or Witten into coverage by our linebackers consistently and just keep throwing to them, like what San Diego did. Kam was having ankle pain that day and it showed in a big way, but avoiding throwing to our corners is definitely the most likely way to have success. I'll be curious to see how Dallas tries to attack our defense.

Where's the hole in Wilson's game. How has he been best defended?
Wilson doesn't really have a consistently exploitable hole, IMO. Keep him in the pocket so he can't scramble? He's still a very good pocket passer. Get him outside the pocket? Nobody throws better on the run. A great pass rush has been problematic for him but I'd say the reasons why are more related to offensive play calling than anything else. When our pass pro sucks all game and Wilson's getting killed, we don't try to counter that with play calling such as quick slants, screens, etc. generally...

I guess most likely your best chance of screwing the Seahawks offense is to be very effective at pass pro while not selling out to do it. Which isn't impossible against our poor pass protecting O-line, unfortunately for us. Be solid all around in defense, because Russell's pretty good at taking what is given to him.

Largent80

Reaction score
The only thing I know is at the end of the game, the Seahawks will have the same record that Dallas does now, and that is all I need to know, that, and I'm goin to see Tom petty and Steve Winwood tonight so...Wooooooooooooooooooooo...Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'll say my piece here.

Romo is a really good QB. He tries to do too much sometimes, doesn't always play to live another down, doesn't always think field position over risk, but he does some stuff most guys can't. He moves well in the pocket, he scans the field, has a good arm, and trusts his playmakers. If he played in Seattle he would have to learn a more conservative style, but I would be thinking Super Bowl if he were a Hawk.

Last time we played them, Our D and special teams were awesome. This isn't that game, but Romo had the best 7 point performance I have seen. Pull the stats, point out the picks, do what you will Seahawk fans, but I watched the all-22 and it was Romo vs 11 that day and he pulled some plays out of his ass. Truly miraculous plays a couple of times.

The offensive line of Dallas is clearly better. So what. They are youngish, and the noise WILL be a factor. Everybody thinks sacks when they think crowd noise, but the D is getting of the snap quicker to stop the run too. San Fran is no slouch running the ball, but other than Kaep scrambling, they haven't done dick on the ground in Seattle in the last three games there.

But this game isn't about Romo or even the Dallas offense. Romo will have some success, and the Dallas O is good. The Dallas D is playing that bend but don't break, but RW is a red zone king. And Seattle is still better on specials. The Seattle offense is going to exploit a serious speed mismatch with the Dallas D. Predicting special teams scores is fools gold, but Seattle has a chance this week, and will most likely control the field position just like they did vs the Skins.

IF, and this is a big IF, Dallas hangs in there and makes it a close game, they can go have celebratory moral victory toasts with the Skins and Broncos. You Dallas fans know that if you somehow win you are thinking SB this year, and if you stay close you are happy thinking you can hang with the Hawks. Across the board, matchup for matchup, this game has way too many mismatches going to Seattle for me to think anything closer than 10 points. I know that sounds arrogant. It is. Doesn't make it false.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't normally troll other websites, but I always wanted to try my own 5 reasons troll....

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/4 ... at-dallas/

Really? Dan Quinn's "new" defensive scheme? Giacomini that plays for the Jets now? And who the heck is Ossai? If you're going to re-use an old post, at least update it better. I assume it was also you who posted this same thing on the 49ers forum last year, the Broncos forum last month, etc. Troll fail, dude. Seriously.

Edited to add - I just googled some of the phrasing in the above post and it's all over the internet with different teams and names filled in. So lame.

LOL

Jacknut16

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":30e6w3ba said:
NINEster":30e6w3ba said:
If this was Cowboys of years' past I'd figure this to be a blowout in Seattle. It still could go that way very easily if one or two mistakes happen early on. That stadium is ruthless to those who make critical mistakes.

However, that OL is for real, league best. First time I saw my Niner run defense look average in a VERY long time, and we're top 3 against the run after 5 games so not a fluke on their part. If they can run a balanced offense, they will move the ball against a Seattle defense that's not quite as good as last year. If zone defense is an issue then Jason Witten can do damage moving the chains.

When it came out that the OL is legit I started to think it would be interesting to see how that helps for a team going into Centurylink. Should be fun to watch.

I believe the Cowboys can run Murray effectively out of spread formations, and if so that's pretty big since it will cut down defenders in the box.

Romo is a baller, always underestimated and s*** on by opposing fans because the Cowboys are the team to hate, but he can be scary when he's on. Versus SF 2011, both Giants games 2012, vs. Denver last year. All people talk about are late game ending picks, but that's overstated. He's dialed down his gunslinger ways a bit lately and it's paying off.

It's really all about the Cowboy defense and how they can deal with Seattle offense. I haven't kept up with the Cowboy D since we played them so not sure of their strengths and weaknesses. Run defense did not look good from memory but they can get after the QB a bit even without Ware. If the pass protection for SF & SEA are comparably poor, then Wilson will not have a ton of time to throw.

Seattle wins, but I see Cowboys covering and a 60 minute game.

I'm super super conservative when it comes to calling a Blowout for the Seahawks. I'm usually pretty down on this kinda stuff. I knew Monday night was going to be more of a problem than fans realized.

When this hawk team is facing a team that is down on their luck and everyone is expecting a blowout, Seahawks play badly, it's almost as if they feel sorry for the team.

But when a team that is a bit overrated is coming into the Clink riding a high streak and leading their division or the NFL and even Seahawk fans are going "yea, yea, they are going to give the hawks trouble" it's always a recipe for DOOM for the opposing team. These players take that as a personal challenge. Check the Saints last year, the 49ers in the last two regular season games in the Clink, that Cardinals home game in 2012 (we had already lost to them that year, so everyone was guessing it would be close).

I have that feeling again... this one is going to be ugly ugly ugly. Seahawks have not been getting turnovers at all. Cowboys are feeling confident, they watched that MNF game and they are thinking "Seahawks overrated a bit" -- it's all adding up to one of "those games" that happen at the Clink. The dam is about to break in the worst way.

Seahawks 52 Cowboys 13

Anyone around here will tell you that I don't predict blowouts... only predicted blowouts in 4 Seahawk games the last few years: 2012 home against the Cards and 49ers, 2013 home against the Jags and the Vikings.

I missed the Saints game last year, because I forgot this rule: Seahawks at home against confident winning teams = blowout.

Yea, get ready to shock the media with this a** whooping about to happen.

The only reason this game isnt -11 or more is cause of the media hype , and public money on the Cowboys.

This defense is really poor that we are about to face.

STAR WARS

Reaction score
No matter what.....if you love football.....you have to love a game like this.

Team for Team my Cowboys are overmatched due to our Defense. Our Offensive capabilities have the potential to compensate for that....and the tape tells us that it should come down to our best unit (O line/Runnning game) against your best run defense unit. If Dallas doesn't start showing that it can win that matchup by the mid second quarter.....I think you Seahawks fan sit back and relax. We will absolutely give some business to your secondary......but our path to a win cannot hinge on that. If somehow we are able to just shoot holes all over your backfield, then we could be in for a last years Dallas vs Denver redo. (which is one of the most awesome football games I've ever seen).

Again, you only have to look at JJ Watt and the Houston D line too see why us Dallas fans have reasonable optimism about our O line's chances of winning this game for us. Prior to the Dallas, JJ Watt made all kinds of noise against the Bills............The other night against the Colts, Watt almost singlehandedly won them the game.

Against Dallas he was an absolute nobody.

byau

Reaction score
STAR WARS":31hb0gu8 said:
No matter what.....if you love football.....you have to love a game like this.

Definitely agreed.

Hawks # 1 run defense vs Cowboys # 2 run offense

While the Hawks pass defense has been a trademark of this team, they aren't performing up to their potential. While it seems the Cowboys pass offense has been rolling on the success of the run offense. That will be a bit interesting to see.

STAR WARS":31hb0gu8 said:
Team for Team my Cowboys are overmatched due to our Defense.

Agreed ... On the other side of the ball

Hawks # 1 run offense vs Cowboys ?? run defense.

If somehow the Dallas Cowboys offense can impose their will on the Seahawks defense and limit the time on field for the other side (Seahawks offense and Cowboys defense) this might be closer.

I would almost say that if the Seahawks win the coin flip, maybe this is an exception to what the strategy has always been and we elect to receive instead of kickoff so our offense can strike first.

Still estimating a score of something like 27 to 14 or 27 to 17. I definitely would take the Hawks with the points (8.5), but not by much more than that.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
STAR WARS":2ty1qf4j said:
Truly....our only hope for our D to limit the Hawks O...is to stop Lynch from taking over.....and forcing Wilson to be a pocket passer all night.
Everybody says that. It never works. You can have one or the other, not both.

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Lot a football left.... But this is living up to the billing . Yes ?

Hey do you cats have a game thread ? Is so where ?

badronald

Reaction score
BlueTalon":ucbx0qv7 said:
badronald":ucbx0qv7 said:
So in conclusion - if Cowboys are going to lose to the Seahawks, then please also destroy the Eagles and Giants.
You got a deal.

I hope the deal is still on and I hope we meet again in the playoffs. Great battle, gotta admit I didn't see it coming. I appreciate the good football talk on your board and the hospitality. Back to lurking until we meet again.

Sonnyboy

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3dtslyc7 said:
Well I was completely wrong... this is the first time in 3 years we have been beaten at home by a mediocre team with glaring weaknesses.

We just lost to a conference team that the niners pounded into the dirt WITHOUT key starters.

I guess Mike Rob was dead on... "Who's going to step up and be a leader on this team without Clem, Red, et." apparently no one so far... a bunch of cocksure young guys who did not look remotely ready to play this game today.

Ouch. Only consolation is that it's early in the year and a lot can happen by December. But it looks like homefield advantage for the playoffs is out. Seahawks going to have to peak late this year and go on a run on the road to defend their title.

No. Romo wasn't healthy/ready to play week one and was a shell of himself. Single handidly lost the game for us. We'd crush SF right now.

Rynie

Reaction score
OrFan":87mqn6kt said:
The dull-ass cowboy fans never change. They have a couple wins and all of a sudden they can come into Seattle and win. Time to knock them back into their little gopher hole, and back to crying about how bad Romo is.
You mad bro? We did come into Seattle and win.

papashango

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":oyl0j41e said:
Well I was completely wrong... this is the first time in 3 years we have been beaten at home by a mediocre team with glaring weaknesses.

We just lost to a conference team that the niners pounded into the dirt WITHOUT key starters.

I guess Mike Rob was dead on... "Who's going to step up and be a leader on this team without Clem, Red, et." apparently no one so far... a bunch of cocksure young guys who did not look remotely ready to play this game today.

Ouch. Only consolation is that it's early in the year and a lot can happen by December. But it looks like homefield advantage for the playoffs is out. Seahawks going to have to peak late this year and go on a run on the road to defend their title.

Dallas is not a "mediocre team". The Chargers beat us but barely beat the Raiders today.

I saw some of that 9ers game with the Cowboys....Romo was terrible. He clearly wasn't ready to play football. That Cowboys team that played that day is not the same one that came here today.

Its still early. The Seahawks can and more than likely will still be contenders for the NFC West. But give credit where its due. Cowboys called a great game today. Their players made big catches. Ours didn't. If the Cowboys are "mediocre" than every other team in the league is too I suppose.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sonnyboy":22swrrl2 said:
The_Z_Man":22swrrl2 said:

No. Romo wasn't healthy/ready to play week one and was a shell of himself. Single handidly lost the game for us. We'd crush SF right now.

We'll see you in January with Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, and Glenn Dorsey.

Show some respect, and win some post season games before thinking you're all that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":2g3f7txj said:
We'll see you in January with Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, and Glenn Dorsey.

Show some respect, and win some post season games before thinking you're all that.
Or see Seattle when our offensive coordinator's not having one of his bad bipolar days. Did you watch our game today? If so, what'd you think of our offensive's competency regarding play calling and execution? (The two are definitely not automatically linked.)