Packer Rats

http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php? ... ay-Packers

Football's Future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=17

Packers Home

http://www.packershome.com/forum/topics ... ckers-Talk

JustJeff's Packers Forum

http://www.packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=1

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

Laloosh

Reaction score
cnjvh":24gfd9h6 said:

Thanks for the link. Liked this post:

A couple of notes based on my viewing up to the 30-7 point:

- Seattle's O-Line has had a bad reputation for a couple of years now. What I saw yesterday was a good run blocking line against a good Carolina front. Their pass blocking is dismal.

- Thomas Rawls looked like the second coming of Shady McCoy in the first half. He went out of the game under the concussion protocol. He returned, did little on a few carries, and then sat evidently judging from his 15 carry total. He may not be right. Prosise is out for the year. If Rawls is out or suffering residual affects, it leaves Seattle with no conventional running game, which is critical to their offense.

- I've watched Seattle twice this year. If those games are representative of Chancellor's play, he's playing at the highest level this season. While he won't get consideration for DPOY, having missed 4 games and not having the gaudy INT or sack numbers favor, he's just out there making play after play.

While the Legion of Boom gets the press, the linebackers may be the better unit, especially when the boomer Chancellor plays up as a hybrid LB. Man, zone, blitz, it doesn't seem to matter...they just don't give up much separation in the short routes.

I think it's going to take a special effort and some luck for the Packers to pull this off: a low scoring game where Rawls is out or dizzy, Wilson is kept in the pocket, Rockett Lockett doesn't bust a big play, Baldwin is kept from getting over the top, no turnovers and Rodgers can find somebody downfield when they go to single high safety which has not been their previous habit against GB. Carroll always has some gadget plays dialed up. You can't let him go off with those.

In the Carolina game, Carroll had an offensive formation with a 5 man line, single back, single wide right, and what looked like 3 TEs in down stance in the left slot. I wanted to see what exactly he was going to run, but there was a penalty and he did not go back to it. He's got end around throwbacks to the QB, fake kicks :(, and miscellaneous whozits and whatnots. That kind of crap must be defended, whatever the h*ll it is.

It's all a pretty tall order. But on any given Sunday....

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Laloosh":27wk3jko said:
cnjvh":27wk3jko said:

- Seattle's O-Line has had a bad reputation for a couple of years now. What I saw yesterday was a good run blocking line against a good Carolina front. Their pass blocking is dismal.

- Thomas Rawls looked like the second coming of Shady McCoy in the first half. He went out of the game under the concussion protocol. He returned, did little on a few carries, and then sat evidently judging from his 15 carry total. He may not be right. Prosise is out for the year. If Rawls is out or suffering residual affects, it leaves Seattle with no conventional running game, which is critical to their offense.

- I've watched Seattle twice this year. If those games are representative of Chancellor's play, he's playing at the highest level this season. While he won't get consideration for DPOY, having missed 4 games and not having the gaudy INT or sack numbers favor, he's just out there making play after play.

While the Legion of Boom gets the press, the linebackers may be the better unit, especially when the boomer Chancellor plays up as a hybrid LB. Man, zone, blitz, it doesn't seem to matter...they just don't give up much separation in the short routes.

I think it's going to take a special effort and some luck for the Packers to pull this off: a low scoring game where Rawls is out or dizzy, Wilson is kept in the pocket, Rockett Lockett doesn't bust a big play, Baldwin is kept from getting over the top, no turnovers and Rodgers can find somebody downfield when they go to single high safety which has not been their previous habit against GB. Carroll always has some gadget plays dialed up. You can't let him go off with those.

In the Carolina game, Carroll had an offensive formation with a 5 man line, single back, single wide right, and what looked like 3 TEs in down stance in the left slot. I wanted to see what exactly he was going to run, but there was a penalty and he did not go back to it. He's got end around throwbacks to the QB, fake kicks :(, and miscellaneous whozits and whatnots. That kind of crap must be defended, whatever the h*ll it is.

The guy didn't even mention Jimmy :les:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It amazes me how it never fails.. Seattle sucks on the road... completely different team..
Their offense is mediocre...

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":mt6ltdoh said:
It amazes me how it never fails.. Seattle sucks on the road... completely different team..

Well that sentiment is somewhat justified. All 3 losses and our tie have been on the road. IMHO several of those were extenuating circumstances, but from the outside looking in it is a reasonable assessment.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2wecehwl said:
Bobblehead":2wecehwl said:

Well that sentiment is somewhat justified. All 3 losses and our tie have been on the road. IMHO several of those were extenuating circumstances, but from the outside looking in it is a reasonable assessment.

That maybe true, but I get the feeling it stems from 2012, 2013, when it was heavily covered over the sports channels and such.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wonder how much CMike will play, if it snows.. instead of 1 yard short, it maybe 2. Going to be interesting.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1u42pgxy said:
Bobblehead":1u42pgxy said:

That maybe true, but I get the feeling it stems from 2012, 2013, when it was heavily covered over the sports channels and such.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Perusing the Packer forum, it seems like the standard "as long as we turn up to play, put pressure on Wilson we will get the W" message.

Citing the Seahawks road record is fair enough to a certain extent, but by focusing on the 6 points vs Cardinals, 5 points vs Tampa, and 3 pts vs the Rams, and discounting the wins, most notably the Patriots game.

Low offensive output for the Arizona and St Louis games was mainly due to divisional matchups which give us a hard time (Rams line), early on in the season with a completely new O-line that hadn't gelled, with Russell operating on one week and effectively a statue.

The Tampa game I can't excuse away as much. Wilson was healthy and we all seem to be laying the performance on Britt being out which makes me feel quite uncomfortable. Maybe just a bad day at the office? Offense just never looked likely to score all day.

If we don't move the ball against this Packers D then I fear everyone will simply blame the weather...!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Followthelegion":2j324l0u said:
Perusing the Packer forum, it seems like the standard "as long as we turn up to play, put pressure on Wilson we will get the W" message.

Citing the Seahawks road record is fair enough to a certain extent, but by focusing on the 6 points vs Cardinals, 5 points vs Tampa, and 3 pts vs the Rams, and discounting the wins, most notably the Patriots game.

Low offensive output for the Arizona and St Louis games was mainly due to divisional matchups which give us a hard time (Rams line), early on in the season with a completely new O-line that hadn't gelled, with Russell operating on one week and effectively a statue.

The Tampa game I can't excuse away as much. Wilson was healthy and we all seem to be laying the performance on Britt being out which makes me feel quite uncomfortable. Maybe just a bad day at the office? Offense just never looked likely to score all day.

If we don't move the ball against this Packers D then I fear everyone will simply blame the weather...!

I agree with you. I was just saying for other fan bases to make a call on our road game record is not absurd. I feel a better argument would be calling out our offensive line.

Keep Erin off the field and put pressure on him will be key. Although that only helped us so much in the Championship game when we played them. Although I am sure 4 turnovers helped them as well. Wasn't Erin hobbled that game as well?

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3m6tczuf said:
Followthelegion":3m6tczuf said:

I agree with you. I was just saying for other fan bases to make a call on our road game record is not absurd. I feel a better argument would be calling out our offensive line.

Keep Erin off the field and put pressure on him will be key. Although that only helped us so much in the Championship game when we played them. Although I am sure 4 turnovers helped them as well. Wasn't Erin hobbled that game as well?

He claimed to be, but it wasn't until the 4th Q when he limped his way to a first down that it was noticeable. I like others have posted feel he is never acting truly injured, just playing it up for the image of being a tough guy that can win despite being on one leg (cough *Wilson* cough). I'm not sure how our defense goes in this game. Potential could be similar to the Saints game when they simply marched up and down the field for large portions of the game (until they reached the 1 yard line!). Or the weather makes life a lot more difficult and the game is low scoring as a result. Pass rush has to get home you'd think here.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Good luck on Sunday Seahawk fans. It's been a busy year for me so I have not been around and barely catch all the Packer games as it is. Anyway, my quick hits:

1. Seattle has a better overall team and is playing with confidence. They match up well with Green Bay.
2. Wilson has all 3 abilities en masse: arm, legs and brains.
3. Throw deep all day and you will catch 75% of them. We have no DB's.
4. Keep up the pressure on the run game, Rodgers is struggling.

Seahawks: 28
Packers: 19

I hope I am wrong but I can't see Green Bay winning this game unless Seattle just doesn't show up.

Good luck, let's hope it's entertaining and injury free.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
PackerNation":23jpj5sm said:
Good luck on Sunday Seahawk fans. It's been a busy year for me so I have not been around and barely catch all the Packer games as it is. Anyway, my quick hits:

1. Seattle has a better overall team and is playing with confidence. They match up well with Green Bay.
2. Wilson has all 3 abilities en masse: arm, legs and brains.
3. Throw deep all day and you will catch 75% of them. We have no DB's.
4. Keep up the pressure on the run game, Rodgers is struggling.

Seahawks: 28
Packers: 19

I hope I am wrong but I can't see Green Bay winning this game unless Seattle just doesn't show up.

Good luck, let's hope it's entertaining and injury free.

Who knows, maybe the TampaBay Hawks will show up, leaving you wondering why you haven't won more games.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
cnjvh":3e4zrzsx said:

Yeah but should we fire Bevell?

hawker84

Reaction score
Bobblehead":333zmmqq said:

Don't forget the standard, keep Wilson in the pocket quote. They'll still be saying that 10 years from now when he's a lock for the HOF...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

It's all a pretty tall order. But on any given Sunday..

I like this guy, can we trade him for one of our resident Bevell chicken littles?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I won't make the same mistake twice in thinking that the Seahawks are in for a cake walk against Green Bay. I did that with the Buccaneers game. I'd listened to talk shows and press conferences, wherein I was led to believe that they had all kinds of injuries, with key players who were not expected to play on both their offense and defense. On Friday before game time all but one was removed from the injured list and we got our butts handed to us in that game.

I've listened to all kinds of a analysis about how the Packers are struggling in their run game with their best bets out indefinitely with injuries. They did pickup Christine Michaels and it appears he will play, but based upon what we saw from him in his last few games with Seattle, he appeared defeated and not very enthusiastic about putting himself on the line to earn yards for his team, appearing more worried about not getting injured or injured further, which is what I suspected was the case with him.

Green Bay is most hurting on the ability to defend the pass and that is where Seattle is a true threat on so many levels this year. Our running game is also back on track and improving steadily with each passing game. Rawls is hot right now, and Pope is getting acclimated and starting to make some noise of his own in spelling Rawls.

This whole Green Bay love to play in the cold and have an upper hand in fridged conditions, doesn't wash with me. I've lived in Havre, Montana, constantly recorded the coldest spot in the nation, for several winters, I've also lived on the central Oregon coast, just a couple of miles inland from the Pacific Ocean, and it's every bit as crippling to try and function on the Oregon Coast in the winter months, when you have a 10 to 15 mph wind blowing east over the Pacific Ocean, and pushing a steady rain downpour on top of you.

Now that is some serious bone chilling, miserable cold that can effect playing football, your hands are wet, cold, stiff and sore, the ball is wet, the rain is in your eyes, everything hurts when you get hit, it can turn the biggest bad ass on the field in to a whining Betty White in search of a Snickers bar. Not that the bone chilling cold of Green Bay, Wisconsin, on a winters day. the players better all damn well dress for it, frost bite is no joke in those conditions. The upside is that snow doesn't soak you down like rain does.

Consider too that you have the big heaters on the sidelines, there waiting for you, and can get back to them and warm up between intervals on the field, that generally bring you back in front of them about the time that the cold does start to sink in and have its effects.

It takes a considerably and comparatively longer time out on the field, playing in Green Bay's wintery cold snow, for it to start having those same kind of damning effect on the players, that the Pacific Northwest wind and rain that blows in off the surface of the ocean has within just minutes.

My job takes me out in the wind and rain here all winter, and I truly dread it. within just a couple of minutes, I'm feeling pretty miserable, and cursing the weather. My job in Montana also subjected me to outdoor exposure all winter, and I could dress for that much better than I can for the coastal winter winds and rain.

Its going to be a tough game for both Seattle and Green Bay, I don't see either one of them having an upper hand because of the weather, what I do see is Seattle having a slight edge, because they are firing on all 8 right now on both the defense and the offense. That will make the difference I think in the final outcome with Seattle winning by not a hell of a lot over Green Bay.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Injuries to the other team does not always bode well for us. One thing this team does well is study film. They are all good at it. they look for individual player tendencies as well as other things. THis can hurt when a player comes in that we have little to no film on. We have proven to have a tough time with rookie or fill in QB's before. I think this is the reason why. I also think the reason we start off slow is the other team comes out of the gate with new stuff trying to jump to a quick lead. But they always wind up settling down to football. Once our D adjust we lock down.