Thomas and Sherman, how do you fee about them now?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'm kinda torn as they were great parts of Seahawk history, but things went so sour at the end. Reminds me of both Griffey and Johnson with the Mariners. I would very much like to see them get torched by this years Hawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Out of site, out of mind.

Do love watching the highlights of the old days though.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1lro1vsr said:
Out of site, out of mind.

Do love watching the highlights of the old days though.

Feel that way most of the time, but Richard has been his old mouthy self and Thomas is coming to town Sunday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I appreciate what they brought to this city and will always remember 2013. That will never change

chris98251

Reaction score
The difference between players playing and having fun and Businessmen playing and leveraging what they have in the tank in both situations,

nwHawk

Reaction score
Great players, but time to move on. Let's kick their arse and put that BS to bed! Winning cures all.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Look forward to facing both of them. I hope Russell goes after RS with some success. I am confident that he will. He is not a shut down corner.

zelter

Reaction score
I am torn as well.

Should I wear my Thomas jersey on Sunday (probably the last time I will see him play live) or just wait a few years until he retires?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
They play for other teams now. Hopefully they retire Hawks when it is all said and done and time mellows their opinions of the organization and their situations with it. But for now I don’t cheer for them. Don’t hope injury or anything like that and definitely hope they stink it up against the Hawks!!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Neither left with honor so neither deserve to be in the ring of honor.

Thanks for the memories but don't let the door hit you in the ass.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Still thankful for their tenure while Seahawks. Sad how everything went down.

Currently though. Thomas - out of sight out of mind. Sherman - SMH. I didn't really enjoy his drama while he was a Seahawk, but I dealt with it and possibly even defended it because of his production for the Hawks. Now that he's on the Niners out of "Spite", well this current Sherman I will just change the channel when he speaks because nothing he will say will make me like him at this time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there's nothing better than the standard "He was a great Hawk, you gotta' pull for him."
No, I'm a grown man, I don't HAVE to do anything.
Sherm is much more of a loud mouth, make crap up and then lie about it type person than Earl. The middle finger was pretty weak, but I just don't see Earl in the same way I see Sherm right now.
I'll always appreciate what the did as Hawks, all time greats.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No Sherm, no Earl = no Lombardi trophy.

I will always be grateful for their outstanding play here that led to back to back Super Bowl and a championship.

As for Sherm, he was CUT by Seattle. Does that excuse his “noise” NO, but he’s not doing anything different than he did here. He is your typical rastlin’ heel. Could he handled things better? Sure....Ignore his “noise”.

Earl was FA not resigned. As great of a player he was, he was always an odd bird, just the way he is wired.
I’m not excusing his finger to Pete, but it is what it is.

I can separate a players actions from what they contributed here.

Now with that being said I hope they get burned on every play against the Hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So flipping off the Coach, who ALWAYS had his back no matter what is ok? Or all the blabbering that Sherm has done towards the end of his time here and since is also ok? All in how you look at it I guess.
That being said, I have a ton of great memories from both guys and proudly wore their jersey's.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Sherman: I respect the guy. Both he and the Seahawks made business decisions, and we lost a great player. I can't fault him for leaving, and I hold no harsh feelings towards him. He's probaly in the top 10 list of favorite non-Seahawk players. I view him a bit like Fitz - just for different reasons.

Thomas: Screw that guy. Flipping off the sideline on his way out was the same as flipping off the team, the front office, and the fans. Sure, he was a great player and a big part of team hisotry, but how he left has left a sour taste in my mouth. So, I view him a bit like Rivers - just for different reasons.