Todays Food Menu for Week 1

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I got 2 racks of baby back ribs.
I also got 2+ lbs of full chicken wings.

Before:

Food1

I usually do the ribs in a crock pot but for some reason all 3 of ours are not heating up properly so I'm doing them on the stove in a dutch oven. I cut them up in 2 bone segments & do them in a S&S sauce & beer & then added a few dried cayenne & bell peppers my wife grew & will let them slow cook until 45 minutes from gametime. Then they will put on a rack & spiced to taste & let them drip dry before finishing on the BBQ.

The wings are marinating in some olive oil in a freezer bag & when I do full wings I take this oppotunity to flatten them out so the spices(my personal salt & pepper rub) stick more evenly & they lay on the pellet smoker or BBQ better.

Also doing a simple meat & cheese tray with crackers as well as a cream cheese based seafood dip.

I'll also try to post after pictures in this thread at game time when everything is ready.

What's everyone else doing for Week 1?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Starting out with a fried egg sandwich with pepper jack cheese at kickoff followed by split pea soup later on for dinner. The split pea already smells goooood. Cooking in the crockpot all day.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Got some nice NY steaks ready to go on the grill after our victory today.
Tough to go wrong with a NY striploin but I'm known for my wings so.......

& there's only the 2 of us so I won't be hungry after the game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
gotta smoke those ribs bro, at least for the first 2-3 hours. Then I wrap them and finish them at 225.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Have appetizers. Mozzarella sticks, Taquitos, wings and the Seahawks defense is having swiss cheese.

cymatica

Reaction score
I slept in today

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_152630970_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230910_152630970_HDR.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2