Top 11 Offensive Tackles (touchdownwire a great website)

ivotuk

Reaction score
I really like touchdownwire's stuff. They are affilliated with usatoday. A lot of information, and a lot of video clips.

My number one player that I hope makes it to #9 is Ikem Ekwonu, followed closely by Jermaine Johnson II. JJ loves football and you can see his energy. Anyone who wants to play so badly that they'd leave a contender for the National Championship, is top of the line in my book. 3rd is Evan Neal. Those are three guys that I'd stay at 9 for. Otherwise, trade back and get extra picks in this LOADED draft!

touchdown wire has great comps, and "Stat to Know" such as the one on their #1 OT, Charles Cross. If you look at the

Stat to Know: Cross allowed six sacks and 44 total pressures on 574 pass-blocking reps in his first collegiate starting season of 2020; he knocked that way down to two sacks and 16 pressures allowed on 719 pass-blocking reps in 2021. No tackle in this draft class had more pass-blocking snaps in 2021. Cross’ Mississippi State bookend Scott Lashley ranked second with 680, and Alabama’s Evan Neal ranked third with 650.

NFL Comparison: David Bakhtiari. Like Bakhtiari, the Packers’ three-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Cross tends to make everything look easier than it really is with an NFL-ready quiver of skills. If your offense is pass-heavy with concepts from RPO to all-go, and you need a tackle to get freaky in space when it’s time to run the ball as an ancillary idea, there’s no better option in this draft class.

Also, if current ESPN analyst and former Patriots, Lions, and Jets lineman Damien Woody agrees with a D’Brickashaw Ferguson comp, who am I to argue?

Another favorite of mine, Tyler Smith

Stat to Know: In Smith’s final four games — against Tulane, Temple, SMU, and Old Dominion in the Myrtle Beach Bowl — he allowed no sacks or quarterback pressures of any kind.

Strengths: Smith has a massive lower body, and when he’s set, good luck out-powering him. Even if you bend him back, he’s not going anywhere.

W

Welshers

I really like touchdownwire's stuff. They are affilliated with usatoday. A lot of information, and a lot of video clips.

My number one player that I hope makes it to #9 is Ikem Ekwonu, followed closely by Jermaine Johnson II. JJ loves football and you can see his energy. Anyone who wants to play so badly that they'd leave a contender for the National Championship, is top of the line in my book. 3rd is Evan Neal. Those are three guys that I'd stay at 9 for. Otherwise, trade back and get extra picks in this LOADED draft!

touchdown wire has great comps, and "Stat to Know" such as the one on their #1 OT, Charles Cross. If you look at the

Stat to Know: Cross allowed six sacks and 44 total pressures on 574 pass-blocking reps in his first collegiate starting season of 2020; he knocked that way down to two sacks and 16 pressures allowed on 719 pass-blocking reps in 2021. No tackle in this draft class had more pass-blocking snaps in 2021. Cross’ Mississippi State bookend Scott Lashley ranked second with 680, and Alabama’s Evan Neal ranked third with 650.

NFL Comparison: David Bakhtiari. Like Bakhtiari, the Packers’ three-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Cross tends to make everything look easier than it really is with an NFL-ready quiver of skills. If your offense is pass-heavy with concepts from RPO to all-go, and you need a tackle to get freaky in space when it’s time to run the ball as an ancillary idea, there’s no better option in this draft class.

Also, if current ESPN analyst and former Patriots, Lions, and Jets lineman Damien Woody agrees with a D’Brickashaw Ferguson comp, who am I to argue?

Another favorite of mine, Tyler Smith

Stat to Know: In Smith’s final four games — against Tulane, Temple, SMU, and Old Dominion in the Myrtle Beach Bowl — he allowed no sacks or quarterback pressures of any kind.

Strengths: Smith has a massive lower body, and when he’s set, good luck out-powering him. Even if you bend him back, he’s not going anywhere.

and what do you know, we got him!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you Doug Farrar! A former .NET stalwart and writer. He started here and is now "Nationwide" (ZZ Top)