TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Giving up draft picks after a couple of years of hitting it out of the park on draft picks makes it more painful to give them up, than it would be if the team were repeatedly whiffing.

Still, I think it’s a reasonable give if we are going to make a shot this year.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
talking about LG. Cross is LT.

Seahawk had plays running on the left for like no gain or negative yards.
My bad...missed the G. But still don't see that as the need. But oru entire O-line played well yesterday against a formidable D-Line.

warden

Reaction score
Here is what most likely will happen on defense. With Williams, Reed and Jones on the line, we will be extremely hard to run up the middle against and will consistently collapse the pocket

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Amen.

Seattle fans are so bipolar. They get pissed off when the Mariners do nothing to improve their team. They also get pissed off when the Seahawks make a move to improve their team.

Perpetual negativity no matter what the outcome is.

A 2nd is a big pick, especially on a rental one year player.

But like a lot of trades, if Williams comes here and balls out we know Pete and John will do whatever they can to sign him to an extension. If not? Then you got a very good player to help you in your biggest position of need, interior D-line. With a pick you will have a very close 3rd rounder to next year.

Denver's 72-80 3rd vs Seattle's 50-55 2nd. Not really all that different.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
top 5 defense top 5 offense? I'm not going to say it. You know what quality of team we have here.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yes we are getting the latter of the two, but there's not a lot of separation there. Broncos are 3-5 / Saints 4-4.

I think the biggest risk, in terms of that third-rounder next year, is that the Saints, even if they were to go 7-10, could win the NFC South. If they make the playoffs, their picks are no earlier than 21st in each round.

I'm always rooting for the Broncos to fail, because I've disliked them for a long time. This year, I'm rooting for as much Saints failure as possible too, and they're usually a team I don't mind much except when they're playing the Seahawks.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I agree that it's a lot to pay for a one-year rental.
When he's being paid for by the Giants, you're going to have to give up more. We have the Ravens coming up, so we'll immediately see what value he brings to the team.

QWERTY

Reaction score
My bad...missed the G. But still don't see that as the need. But oru entire O-line played well yesterday against a formidable D-Line.

Maybe I'm dellusional but watching yesterday's game or watching this whole season.

Geno is doing poorly in the red zone.

1st pass incomplete.
2nd run the ball ( Either 1 yard 2 yard or negative yard)
3rd It's like 30% chance to convert to a TD on 3rd and long.

I was thinking hey why not improve our line by protecting the QB and run the ball and make it 3rd and 5 and Geno can do a short pass to TE for a first down.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Other than 'good that they did something' - I don't know much about the dude -

I've asked 1 time before - but why did we let Clowney go?
Money I believe. If you miss him you'll see him on Sunday since he plays for the Ravens now.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Money I believe. If you miss him you'll see him on Sunday since he plays for the Ravens now.
I think they view Clowney as a 3rd tier DT/DE ( Means above average) and won't pay him that much money.

He single handedly put us in game against the niners.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Maybe I'm dellusional but watching yesterday's game or watching this whole season.

1st pass incomplete.

I was thinking hey why not improve our line by protecting the QB and run the ball and make it 3rd and 5 and Geno can do a short pass to TE for a first down.
Why is the conclusion that Geno is doing poorly in the Red Zone? It's not all Geno. The playcalling has been absolute trash. I did like the two plays we had vs Cleveland though. The Bobo run was a nice changeup and the JSN screen was perfectly executed.

Prior games were basically run into brick wall over and over, or call laughably easy to defend plays that wouldn't fool a toddler.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I know he plays for the Ravens now -

"Clowney, last week, signed a one-year deal with the Ravens for up to $2.5 million."

Found that - but that doesn't seem like ALOT - how much did he want from us?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Yeah man, what a defeatist attitude.

5-2 and adding some really good D-line depth and a much needed interior playmaker, and fans just want to tear it all down or do nothing cause they don't like Geno.

Who btw, has less interceptions than Mahomes, Allen, Tua and Hurts.
but he has 9 total TD's, Mahomy has 15, Tua has 18 and Jalen Hurts is not someone I want to model success after. Geno is this decades Tjack.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

1st pass incomplete.

Well...the hawks were 3-5 in red zone yesterday. That is an improvement. He is also starting to jive with JSN...which I think will be huge going forward. IMO, he has to stop pressing to DK. The running game has more to do with play calling...AND, if they can get screens dialed in, it will help take pressure off Geno on pass plays.

A top 5 D > Top 5 O. Our O has shown it can put points on the board against some very good defenses. They can improve...but I think this capital was better spent bolstering the D in the greatest area of need.

Last edited: