TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

warden

Reaction score
We such an improved defense, the pressure on Geno is reduced. Now if we can get healthier on the offensive line and run the ball a little more consistently, teams will have to beat 53 players not just focus on the QB

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think the Waaaahmbulance is running out of seats. Let's see how it plays out. Welcome to Seattle, Kid.
Ironically, this is why I love this site so much. Pretty much every move is met with entertaining overreaction.

5thgen

Reaction score
Geno is not the guy to win it all. We're wasting draft picks for nothing.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've seen him play here and there and he always struck me as a replacement level rotational peace. Solid, but not special.

Then I guess you didn't watch the Seahawks game against the Giants in 2020. He was a game-wrecker that day.

I think this looks like an expensive-in-picks (but not in money!) rental, but I've seen Williams look like a hell of a lot more than a replacement-level rotational piece.

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
I stand corrected. 2024 does appear to be a void year. I like the trade a little less, but, the team is 5-2 and #2 in what appears to be a wide open NFC. It’s hard not to be a fan of a team that’s pushing in a few chips for a possible SB run!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Damn it, go get a championship. I like the addition, and I love the message. We believe in this team and we are ready to compete for a Bowl. I’m ready to run through a wall !!! Let’s freaking go !!!

warden

Reaction score
Since RW started dropping off a few years ago, I've been looking forward to PCJS drafting the next QB. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

I thought that, for sure, this year they would go for Stroud, Richardson, or Levis. They were perfectly positioned to fill the team's greatest need.

Looks like they aren't into bundling draft capital for the 2024 draft either. I wonder how long we'll be waiting to actually see any attempt whatsoever to acquire a QBOTF? I'm not optimistic it will ever happen.
Pete Carroll said it in his second year of being a Seahawk coach when we passed on Andy Dalton. Quote, we would fail sticking a rookie QB behind this team. We must build up the team first then stick before we stick a rookie QB into the system. We went with TJac that year. We built a solid defense and the following year stuck in a rookie QB named Wilson. Remember the success rate of first round QBs is only 35%

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Then I guess you didn't watch the Seahawks game against the Giants in 2020. He was a game-wrecker that day.

I think this looks like an expensive-in-picks (but not in money!) rental, but I've seen Williams look like a lot more than a replacement-level rotational piece.
Exactly. The guy is a stud player, paid for by the Giants, minus the vet min prorated that we'll be responsible for.

But, we get to listen to the got robbed portion of the fan base that enjoys parroting what they read on X and Reddit.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
This might be a hot take but I don't see Pete wanting a QB for the rest of his time here. The longer he waits to get one, the closer he is to the end of his contract and I doubt he'd want a new QB within his last 2-3 years here.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This might be a hot take but I don't see Pete wanting a QB for the rest of his time here. The longer he waits to get one, the closer he is to the end of his contract and I doubt he'd want a new QB within his last 2-3 years here.
Okay, but what does that have to do with Leonard Williams? The picks traded? We still have a first, you know...

Latest posts