TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

warden

Reaction score
Stay on the topic.

Why turn we traded for a DT thread into another Geno Hate thread

Last edited:

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
It likely cane from an article in Heavy.com that speculated that Detroit SHOULD pursue Williams.

But I'd be interested in seeing evidence as well. For that and for his assertion that Schneider was going to go to Detroit after 2020, but came back to Seattle because he was given more control. Another situation where it was known Detroit was pursuing John and Seattle was trying to make it hard for them. But that was all. No proof that an offer was made or that the chain of command in Seattle ever changed as a result.

Makes for good TV, though.
The beauty of the internet…build a world and see who you can persuade to join you.

vonstout

Reaction score
No...you are looking at effective cap space, which isn't the real cap space. I think Mone will be cut or restructured, depending on what he does when/if he comes back. Adams & Diggs can be restructured. Bobby may sign a 2 year, back loaded deal for us.

This board exudes silly talk sometimes.

Below are the #'s. More years are posted because we can use that $$ with creative contracts that JS is excellent at executing.
View attachment 61549

View attachment 61550

View attachment 61548

View attachment 61551
You didn’t say anything about all the FAs we have. All 3 interior OL, 3 LBs, 3 DL (including Williams), a TE, backup QB. I’m surprised they haven’t cut Mone already. And we have to sign draft picks too. It’s going to be tough to sign everyone with our cap space

hawkfan68

Reaction score
You didn’t say anything about all the FAs we have. All 3 interior OL, 3 LBs, 3 DL (including Williams), a TE, backup QB. I’m surprised they haven’t cut Mone already. And we have to sign draft picks too. It’s going to be tough to sign everyone with our cap space
I'm not sure if they can outright waive an injured player. I think they can agree to an injury settlement with him but that would mean they have to pay him something. It may be cheaper to wait until he passes his physical and then waive him, if desired, at that time.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they can outright waive an injured player. I think they can agree to an injury settlement with him but that would mean they have to pay him something. It may be cheaper to wait until he passes his physical and then waive him, if desired, at that time.
Right. Can't cut guys on IR without that settlement.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know I've mentioned it several times, but the fact that he was a Captain stands out to me. That stuff matters.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Maybe he will rub off on Frank Clark. Did he even play last Sunday?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He did play some snaps. It's Clark, he'll vanish in some games and make a great play at some point. Then tell us all he's "The King"
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
But, I'm glad he's back, esp. at the price.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was Clark’s first game and he only had 2 practices before the game with the current team. I heard this on Monday’s Bob and Wyman radio show on ESPN 710. Might want to give Clark a slight break with all things considered.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Leonard Williams is going to look great in a Seahawks uniform, playing in Qwest Field in front of all us fans.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they took a QB in the 1st round at #17 or even near there. They don't value first-round QBs the way you do. Look at this last year when there were QBs to be had and we had one of the highest picks in recent history. It simply won't happen. I cannot understand why you and others have any expectation that it would.

Whether it should happen is another conversation, of course. But even then, it's hard to argue against RW in the 3rd and Geno/Drew at this point.

No, the draft capital was much better spent on a known commodity on the D-line this season, with the possibility of extending it into next year rather than a very expensive crap-shoot in a 1st rd QB.
First off never say never with PC/JS, I imagine you in the shocked group when we took Spoon @ #5, thinkin we would never take a db that high.
Don't forget part of the falling out with RW was JS sniffing around on Mahomes & Allen. No they didn't move up for them, but from what I read they were prepared to take them, if they fell to them.
The difference is now, and the point has been hammered home that our Hawks are entering their SB window, just my opinion we need to get aggressive in this QB rich class and find our guy, and that might require moving up.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
No, I was not surprised Spoon was taken @ #5. We took ET--a safety--quite high, as well. Pete values the defensive side of the ball, and believes he can develop QBs, as has been seen. Sure, if a Mahomes or Allen falls, he may take one. My only point is that, for those on this board clamoring for Pete to bundle picks and trade up for a QB, it's highly unlikely, and such expectations/hopes are misplaced and not based on history, regardless of the unique conditions surrounding each draft against team needs.

Again, it's not arguing what should happen, and I'm not defending the front office/draft team. It just seems out of place for fans to get their nickers in a twist when it doesn't happen in April and seems somewhat ignorant of history and draft/team-building philosophy.

warden

Reaction score
The Seahawks will have their major plan in place for QB in free agency prior to draft. Keep, Geno, go with Lock, pick up someone else. If a QB they like is a reasonable option and is there when they pick, they will grab him, if not they will draft a different position. They will stay true to their board

Latest posts