Trade Lockett to the Chiefs, JSN as Lockett role

Mizak

Reaction score
Yes or No? The Chiefs need a WR badly after this season, why not trade Lockett for picks? JSN can play the Lockett role in the offense. Top 3 WRs, DK, JSN, Bobo.

Did I mention Lockett is getting older?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I definitely could see Tyler going to the Chiefs. We won't be getting zip for him though. If Mahomes had him right now they win the sb and Swift kicks Kelce to the curb for Tyler....

seabowl

Reaction score
Lockett to the Chiefs also makes sense because that’s where his father played. With this said, if they can work out the numbers, I want him staying.

QWERTY

Reaction score
The Chiefs ain't looking for a player that is going to protect himself, and not get a first down.

They would trade for DK though.

renofox

Reaction score
Releasing Lockett will save $17M in cap (with a post 6/1). His salary is $15.3M + $1.7M roster bonusfor 2024. I think best case scenario (for him) is he agrees to a reduced role and a renegotiation to ~$6.3M to save $9M in cap.

A new head coach will have no sentimentality and will look at the switch to Bobo/Young as being far less of an impact than missing out on the opportunities provided by an extra $9-17M in cap.

Seahawks have the #6 and #16 paid WRs plus a 1st round draft pick. Just like at safety, they are over-invested in the position without the expected results.

I've been playing DIY GM a bit lately and have discovered the cap situation is worth than I thought. There's a lot of dead money that has to be accounted for, and it's hitting the cap this year whether the players are released or not.

I have all the respect in the world for Lockett and his contributions to this team, but it's time to move on.

GemCity

Reaction score
Releasing Lockett will save $17M in cap (with a post 6/1). His salary is $15.3M + $1.7M roster bonusfor 2024. I think best case scenario (for him) is he agrees to a reduced role and a renegotiation to ~$6.3M to save $9M in cap.

A new head coach will have no sentimentality and will look at the switch to Bobo/Young as being far less of an impact than missing out on the opportunities provided by an extra $9-17M in cap.

Seahawks have the #6 and #16 paid WRs plus a 1st round draft pick. Just like at safety, they are over-invested in the position without the expected results.

I've been playing DIY GM a bit lately and have discovered the cap situation is worth than I thought. There's a lot of dead money that has to be accounted for, and it's hitting the cap this year whether the players are released or not.

I have all the respect in the world for Lockett and his contributions to this team, but it's time to move on.
Damn.

A trade sounds like the best option.

renofox

Reaction score
Nah, keep him as long as he wants to stay, or just release him, let him go where he wants.. he deserves it.
This. With his salary/production ratio he won't bring a lot in a trade.

It would be an insult to end his career at the Seahawks by trading him for a 6th.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

It would be an insult to end his career at the Seahawks by trading him for a 6th.
Renegotiate or release. He may be up for a pay cut. He likes the area and who knows he may just want to retire here in a year or two and do his business.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

Offer him a fair contract, if he doesn't accept it.. he can do as he will.. No hard feelings.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see him back at a reduced price, think he still has NFL season(s) left. But he needs to be paid like a mid-tier 3rd option. Expect them to fill the WR room with additional young talent, so even that doesn't seem likely.

I don't think he has any trade value.

Watching week 18 and seeing him have an impact really was great, one of my favorite Hawks of all time who played in almost every single game over his career.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been advocating to trade Lockett since last off season, Pete was too sentimental when it came to his coaches and players.

NoGain

Reaction score
Realistically what would we be getting for Lockett if we traded him? A 4th rounder? I don't know.