Trade thought

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I don’t think Shefter quoted his own tweet to hedge his bets. He only posts information that is given to him. I think the Seahawks wanted that out. And as others have pointed out the next day on the radio 710 didn’t ask a single question about Geno. Seems odd? Almost like they were told to not ask about Geno.
There has been speculation that before the interview with 710 that there was an agreement between the Seahawks and the station no questions would be asked about Geno

Parallax

Reaction score
Trade the 16th pick for a couple later picks. Primarily Trench guys.
Seems the obvious move. Unless someone slips to 16 who seems too good to pass up. If by some miracle Bowers were there, I'd want John to take him. If there's a way to trade some veterans for draft capital and we received good value, I'd support it. The only one I'd think should be off limits is Witherspoon.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Seems the obvious move. Unless someone slips to 16 who seems too good to pass up. If by some miracle Bowers were there, I'd want John to take him. If there's a way to trade some veterans for draft capital and we received good value, I'd support it. The only one I'd think should be off limits is Witherspoon.
Understandable, my thoughts are he won't be available but if he is that's where
Seattle may pick up a couple good picks in a trade.

bigcc

Reaction score
WRONG!

Literally only top 25 draft picks under carroll/Schneider are cross, witherspoon, jsn, Irvin. Okung, ET

And carpenter... At pick 25

Now I'm not exactly keeping count, but seems a better hit rate than all the retards we've traded down for.

For the nitwits that feel like disagreeing, write out the Counterpoints before outing yourself and tell me more about John's great history trading down with 1st round picks

Parallax

Reaction score
WRONG!

Literally only top 25 draft picks under carroll/Schneider are cross, witherspoon, jsn, Irvin. Okung, ET

And carpenter... At pick 25

Now I'm not exactly keeping count, but seems a better hit rate than all the retards we've traded down for.

For the nitwits that feel like disagreeing, write out the Counterpoints before outing yourself and tell me more about John's great history trading down with 1st round picks
What are you referring to as "WRONG!"??

bigcc

Reaction score
What are you referring to as "WRONG!"??
Wasn't the right way to open that (sorry) , but I do stand by it being a huge mistake to move back in the draft given success picking before 25 and tragic results moving back with 1st round picks under Schneider

Parallax

Reaction score
Wasn't the right way to open that (sorry) , but I do stand by it being a huge mistake to move back in the draft given success picking before 25 and tragic results moving back with 1st round picks under Schneider
Ok, got it. Depending on how the draft unfolds, I might want him to trade back. I'm not seeing a huge drop-off after the best 10 to 12 or so guys come off the board. Someone would have to fall to us, in my view, to be worth staying put. But since guys inexplicably drop every draft, who knows.

bigcc

Reaction score
Ok, got it. Depending on how the draft unfolds, I might want him to trade back. I'm not seeing a huge drop-off after the best 10 to 12 or so guys come off the board. Someone would have to fall to us, in my view, to be worth staying put. But since guys inexplicably drop every draft, who knows.
I'm OK with moving back from say, 16 to 21

But once you reach 25 plus, I think we have enough of a sample size to know it doesn't work.

Matter of fact, assuming that draft chart value is the same in either direction, I'd rather use the two 3's and a future 4th or whatever for another mid-late 1st than a late second, and several 3/4th round picks.

Given the composition of the team, we need some serious dudes, not some players to fill in a couple missing pieces and depth

Parallax

Reaction score
I'm OK with moving back from say, 16 to 21

But once you reach 25 plus, I think we have enough of a sample size to know it doesn't work.

Matter of fact, assuming that draft chart value is the same in either direction, I'd rather use the two 3's and a future 4th or whatever for another mid-late 1st than a late second, and several 3/4th round picks.

Given the composition of the team, we need some serious dudes, not some players to fill in a couple missing pieces and depth
Depends on the draft class. This year I see a lot of linemen that are all but indistinguishable. Starting around the middle of the first round and going well into the third. Some will probably drop to the fourth or beyond. So it might be a great year to trade back. Unless someone special slips to 16.

bigcc

Reaction score
Depends on the draft class. This year I see a lot of linemen that are all but indistinguishable. Starting around the middle of the first round and going well into the third. Some will probably drop to the fourth or beyond. So it might be a great year to trade back. Unless someone special slips to 16.
Maybe I'm just missing some occasions of John trading our firsts and ending up on top regardless of up/down or for established players, but I'd bet the first poster to read this left nut in honor of their sacrifice for the team to prove a point

EDIT: if we move down I'd still like to stay top 2/3 of the draft is my general point

Parallax

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just missing some occasions of John trading our firsts and ending up on top regardless of up/down or for established players, but I'd bet the first poster to read this left nut in honor of their sacrifice for the team to prove a point

EDIT: if we move down I'd still like to stay top 2/3 of the draft is my general point
I hear you. I'm just sharing my opinion that I don't see a lot of difference between linemen who will go late first through third round (roughly). Of course the Hawks will do their own evaluations and act accordingly. As will other teams. Someone has to feel it's worth trading up for another team to trade down.

We've had some completely unspectacular drafts where we traded down. Has seemed at times like John and Pete getting too cute. But the draft is like throwing darts anyway. Maybe your chance of hitting is better when you draft higher but not always.

We were fortunate to hit on Witherspoon because, if you have a top ten pick, it's especially important to get it right. Those picks are precious and the players taken that high get paid quite a bit, all of it guaranteed. Wished we could have gotten Anderson but I'm perfectly happy with Spoon if he manages to stay healthy. His style of play and body type may not live well together in harmony.

bigcc

Reaction score
I hear you. I'm just sharing my opinion that I don't see a lot of difference between linemen who will go late first through third round (roughly). Of course the Hawks will do their own evaluations and act accordingly. As will other teams. Someone has to feel it's worth trading up for another team to trade down.

We've had some completely unspectacular drafts where we traded down. Has seemed at times like John and Pete getting too cute. But the draft is like throwing darts anyway. Maybe your chance of hitting is better when you draft higher but not always.

We were fortunate to hit on Witherspoon because, if you have a top ten pick, it's especially important to get it right. Those picks are precious and the players taken that high get paid quite a bit, all of it guaranteed. Wished we could have gotten Anderson but I'm perfectly happy with Spoon if he manages to stay healthy. His style of play and body type may not live well together in harmony.
100 percent, I was unfamiliar with spoon so I was kind of skeptical (I would have loved Anderson or cj too)

Definitely talented enough to warrant his spot though, I can't wait to see what Macdonald does with him after seeing how he used Hamilton.

EDIT: quite literally not related, but hawks have nearly enough to tag leonard 😁😉, he's not walking without getting significant return