Tre Flowers is Kelly Jennings 2.0

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You guys seem to forget all the "LOB" rules that were put into place since Brandon Browner roamed the RCB position. Flowers would be much better if he was allowed to place more handsy.

Playing CB is different know than 10 years ago so only the real stars shine and every average CB gets beat like a rented mule.

Doesn't matter who you put in, most will look awful. That being said, Flowers is below average and so is Witherspoon. CB is not our strong suit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mad Dog":14ayairt said:
You guys seem to forget all the "LOB" rules that were put into place since Brandon Browner roamed the RCB position. Flowers would be much better if he was allowed to place more handsy.

Playing CB is different know than 10 years ago so only the real stars shine and every average CB gets beat like a rented mule.

Doesn't matter who you put in, most will look awful. That being said, Flowers is below average and so is Witherspoon. CB is not our strong suit.
Look, I’m sure Flowers is a nice guy and great human being, no doubt in my mind about that.

He has the physical traits to be and all-pro corner in this league.

But, whatever folks are claiming to see in practice, has never translated to game day.
In the little bit of the game I saw yesterday he looked bad.
Besides the obvious screw ups in pass coverage, there was a running play where the raiders scored, their RB went over the top for the TD, Flowers really gave a half-assed effort on that play. It was the play where either BBK or Barton went airborne to stop the RB.

I want so bad for him to prove me wrong, and so far he hasn’t.
He should have gotten it figured out by now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He’s always in the right spot, but like yesterday the ball almost hits him in the head and he doesn’t even know it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":21ky185f said:
31 players were held out of the game and the defense was plain vanilla. I'm gonna go with the body of work vs. this game, which was a truly useless thing to try to get any information out of regarding how the real team will look.

Truth. Preseason contests don't deserve to be called 'games', as they aren't really a competition. They used to call preseason games "exhibition" games, which seems more fitting as it demonstrates their greatly devalued worth. IMO they ought to abolish all preseason games and just go with a couple of intersquad scrimmages. It's outrageous that they charge season ticket holders full price for these shams.

I watch the games only because it's been 8 months since I've seen the blue and green. There is hardly anything one can draw from them. A perfect record, or a winless record, in preseason is not an indicator of regular season success.

It used to be that the 3rd of 4 preseason games was worth watching, at least in the first half, as most of the starters played a good half of football. This year, since there's a 2 week interlude between the last (3rd) preseason game and the season opener in Indy, my guess is that the last preseason game might be worth watching in the first half.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23fkdakf said:
Mad Dog":23fkdakf said:

Look, I’m sure Flowers is a nice guy and great human being, no doubt in my mind about that.

He has the physical traits to be and all-pro corner in this league.

But, whatever folks are claiming to see in practice, has never translated to game day.
In the little bit of the game I saw yesterday he looked bad.
Besides the obvious screw ups in pass coverage, there was a running play where the raiders scored, their RB went over the top for the TD, Flowers really gave a half-assed effort on that play. It was the play where either BBK or Barton went airborne to stop the RB.

I want so bad for him to prove me wrong, and so far he hasn’t.
He should have gotten it figured out by now.

Perhaps a mental thing, he rather make a tackle by allowing his eyes to be focused on the WR, instead of taking a chance to turn and look. His game normally improve when he hit rock bottom, at that point, he has nothing to loss so he start taking chances.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Tre has no instincts or feel for the CB position he doesn't know how to play the ball it's that simple.

At least Barton looked good he played fast and aggressive .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1rbot6hi said:
Tre has no instincts or feel for the CB position he doesn't know how to play the ball it's that simple.

I thought he looked pretty shite, honestly.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks should have went out and got a CB in the off season. Flowers will get beat every game this season if they don't get rid of him. I couldn't believe he was still on the team after last season

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":zmykch6g said:
Northwest Seahawk":zmykch6g said:

I thought he looked pretty $h!t, honestly.

He had 2 sacks and was one of the few players that actually looked like he wanted to be there. That was probably the worst pre season game i've ever seen . They looked horrible in pretty much every way . Rasheem Green Dallas and a couple other guys played descent but for the most part it was putrid.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":106jqog6 said:
Northwest Seahawk":106jqog6 said:

Barton or Flowers?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":xsk0zdmd said:
Maelstrom787":xsk0zdmd said:
Northwest Seahawk":xsk0zdmd said:

Barton or Flowers?
I hope he was talking about Flowers, Barton had a great game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2crr2jb9 said:
toffee":2crr2jb9 said:
Maelstrom787":2crr2jb9 said:
Northwest Seahawk":2crr2jb9 said:

Barton or Flowers?

He got consistently smacked out of position and the two sacks were not enough to overcome it for me. Sacks are flukey.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":n325oe24 said:
Sports Hernia":n325oe24 said:
toffee":n325oe24 said:
Maelstrom787":n325oe24 said:

Barton or Flowers?

He got consistently smacked out of position and the two sacks were not enough to overcome it for me. Sacks are flukey.

whats your evaluation on BKK?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":jc18r9kp said:
Sports Hernia":jc18r9kp said:
toffee":jc18r9kp said:
Maelstrom787":jc18r9kp said:

Barton or Flowers?

Okie dokie. Your welcome to your own opinion.

So if Barton sucked in your humble opinion what kind of grade did you give Flowers?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vvi5xme said:
Maelstrom787":2vvi5xme said:
Sports Hernia":2vvi5xme said:
toffee":2vvi5xme said:
Barton or Flowers?

So if Barton sucked in your humble opinion what kind of grade did you give Flowers?

A "pretty bad." I don't think it matters too much in either players case, though. The whole defense looked pretty plain jane. Defensive backs didn't look overly active and I feel like they're probably even harder to judge than linebackers with both starting safeties out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":5jv0ldgw said:
Sports Hernia":5jv0ldgw said:
Maelstrom787":5jv0ldgw said:
Sports Hernia":5jv0ldgw said:

A "pretty bad." I don't think it matters too much in either players case, though. The whole defense looked pretty plain jane. Defensive backs didn't look overly active and I feel like they're probably even harder to judge than linebackers with both starting safeties out.
Fair enough. I disagree with your assessment on Barton, we will just have to agree to disagree.

tom95

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23dki87r said:
Yeah the pre-game show was pumping up Flowers big time.
If the guy can’t get his head turned to play the ball none of the rest matters.

Cut him and let Jerruh pick him and he can go be horrible for the Cowboys.
I had the same conclusion. 4 years in and he still doesn’t pass my eye test. I had hoped he would turn the corner.
He looks more like a liability in pass coverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What makes Flowers even more maddening is how often he doesn't just turn around or put his hands up :34853_doh:

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've posted this before but there are many pros and cons to turning your head to look for the ball. It's entirely possible that Flowers is being told to keep his eyes on the opponents hands, and that's not uncommon for defensive players without much natural catching ability. More likely, there's a hybrid approach at play depending on distance from the receiver. Or maybe Curtis is just as frustrated as some of the posters here are, but it's an open question, and the common opinion that he isn't doing his job if he isn't turning his head may not be accurate.

I'm quite sure that nobody here has any idea how well Flowers played in preseason game 1 based on the TV coverage. I went back and tried to look at it and the angles almost never show him. All-22 has not yet been released.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Could be. Nothing personal against the guy, I just don't think he's very good overall. Being in position is one thing, actually making a play is another. He makes me very nervous.