Tre Flowers released

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Fade":1u14d9fd said:
The Seahawks could've cut him before the season and saved $2M in cap space. This franchise, man.

Pete just doesn't understand how being great in camp doesn't translate to the field. He's still scratching his head wondering what went wrong.

cymatica

Reaction score
That's how out of touch Pete is, he had to ask

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Our depth just took a hit on an already suspect secondary on a historically bad defense.

Was not a fan, but not all his fault. Scheme and coaching played a huge role and something needs to change ASAP.

Pete will not bend. He tries to square peg round hole everything regarding his scheme. This is the coach that cannot figure out how to use his 70m safety correctly. The same coach that refuses to adapt to the players he has. He forces his scheme and doesn’t adapt to opponents. It’s beyond frustrating and all this needs to come to a head sooner than later.

Seahawks players are frustrated. Something needs to change.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":vb0m6mkr said:
Sports Hernia":vb0m6mkr said:
SoulfishHawk":vb0m6mkr said:
We have absolutely no idea if they tried to trade him or not. Seems like yet more assumptions.
He wasn't that good, and no, he isn't going to become some all pro.
I hope he does well, nothing personal. Seems like a good dude. Just not a very good football player.
Now they will bring in a better Tre.......
This. Other teams have film of him getting burned play after play so why give up anything.
Playing 10-15 yards off your man, not turning your head to play the ball, and having your guy make catch after catch isnt a desired trait for NFL teams.
The problem is, I don't know if Jones has been any better than Tre Flowers.
If Jones is as bad or worse (not possible IMO) after a bigger sample size then you cut him too.
It’s as simple as that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":2pleyyzy said:
And this is the guy that Pete Carroll, just 6 weeks ago, couldn't find enough superlatives to say about him and now he's hitting the bricks. I never did see what it was that Pete saw in him.
Nice guy + Pete’s loyalty (to a fault) were the reason he was here for so long.
Dumb reasons but it’s the only logical conclusion.

Rat

Reaction score
Remember when Carroll used to be the DB Whisperer?

Obviously, Flowers was bad. However, I would have preferred to allow him to try to play himself back into the rotation, since it's not like we have a bounty of riches at his position. It's not like I think we're going to regret this though. Maybe he just didn't have the drive to improve. He looked promising at one point.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2f9jl7cc said:
Wish him the best.

Really wanted to see him build on a promising rookie year. Really, really badly. Seemed like a good dude. Just never put it together after that rookie year.

This is better for both parties I understand why he requested the release.

Ditto.

A change of scenery might do him some good. I expect to see him a starter again in the future.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I imagine Flowers will catch on somewhere else and work his way into a solid role and we will have a succession of failures at the position proving it was 80% scheme and coaching and 20% player ability within that scheme.

LTH

Reaction score
At this point I am wondering what really happened. He requested a trade so the question is why. The things that I've heard are he had issues understanding the coverages or there was some issue there. He was pissed off because they started Jones. He was getting flat from the fans and the media... thats are the things that I've heard but I have seen nothing to support them in the media

Has anyone found anything yet that has merit?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Does being the weakest link in the worst defense in NFL history make him the worst starter in NFL history?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I remember when he was playing tight coverage and some man he got flagged alot he also got burned alot. Then they changed his coverage to off the ball then he couldn't close and beak up passes or jump routes. Flowers had his chances here.

PNW

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2x123rfq said:
Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.
Agreed, I think he could resurrect his career at safety

flv

Reaction score
Flowers was on the final year of his rookie contract so his salary wasn't guaranteed. Releasing him opens up the pro-rata segment of his 2021 salary. Obviously his replacement will eat into those cap savings. I expect the Seahawks to add a cheaper but lesser player. If a cheaper and better player had been available then the Seahawks would have released Flowers earlier.

Flowers will be subject to waivers. If any team thinks he will be a 2021 starter, an upgrade, or a better value for money player then they can put in a claim. I'm honestly on the fence as to whether any team will claim him at a pro-rata $2.183M for the season. I lean towards him being claimed because he's not 'that much' more expensive than a UDFA rookie and several potential playoff teams have cap space to spare.

If he's not claimed I hope the Rams can get him cheap. Our starting CB has been put on IR and we have weak depth.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":3gai9k9y said:
The Seahawks could've cut him before the season and saved $2M in cap space. This franchise, man.

You need to end your posts with a Fire Pete chant.

edogg23

Reaction score
flv":nrwuxyug said:
Flowers was on the final year of his rookie contract so his salary wasn't guaranteed. Releasing him opens up the pro-rata segment of his 2021 salary. Obviously his replacement will eat into those cap savings. I expect the Seahawks to add a cheaper but lesser player. If a cheaper and better player had been available then the Seahawks would have released Flowers earlier.

Flowers will be subject to waivers. If any team thinks he will be a 2021 starter, an upgrade, or a better value for money player then they can put in a claim. I'm honestly on the fence as to whether any team will claim him at a pro-rata $2.183M for the season. I lean towards him being claimed because he's not 'that much' more expensive than a UDFA rookie and several potential playoff teams have cap space to spare.

If he's not claimed I hope the Rams can get him cheap. Our starting CB has been put on IR and we have weak depth.
I think we all hope the rams get him!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
flv":3swi8mu7 said:

I hope the Rams get him too. 8)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1ew7wrh5 said:
Why are we getting rid of dogs after Adams said "we need more"?????

Becauae a name like Flowers instills zero fear in the opponent. In fact it does the opposite