Two more days boys and girl(s)!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Listening to Danny Kelly convinced me that trading down is not a bad thing out of 16 cause the Hawks can still fill a need and get a very good guard later and recoup pics. I think I would be happy with trade down for a guard or DT or stay at 16 and take Fautanu.

When I see the ads to attend the Hawks draft party I always think of how anti-climatic those must be with the team trading down so much over the years.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Listening to Danny Kelly convinced me that trading down is not a bad thing out of 16 cause the Hawks can still fill a need and get a very good guard later and recoup pics. I think I would be happy with trade down for a guard or DT or stay at 16 and take Fautanu.

When I see the ads to attend the Hawks draft party I always think of how anti-climatic those must be with the team trading down so much over the years.
I can see a local, yes but if Barton out of Duke is available I might pull the trigger.

olyfan63

Reaction score
yes dude is a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder.
It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

In my weekly call with John, he dished that Advisor Pete Carroll will be onsite and in the draft room. Pete will be announcing the pick for the 4th round. Here's how it will go:

"Can you win the draft in the first round??" NO!! "Can you win the draft in the second round??" NO!! "Can you win the draft in the third round?" NO!! Can you win the draft in the fourth round?" YES!!
"The Seattle Seahawks select Cooper "Hutch" Beebe!"

Dude falls to the 4th round and the Hawks pick him with Pete announcing the pick.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I love listening to ESPN describe each pick with such an enormous amount of hype and get a HOF-worthy description of their ability.

This will be an interesting draft as it's the first one where JS has had a free hand, or so we think. Who knows how much influence Pete had on the draft.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Typically the philosophy is bpa at value. That's why G isn't an option. And taking a tackle to play G is the same thing. I'd put bank on an edge or DT out of need AND value. I think it's between Dallas, Verse, Murphy, and Newton. I think IOL comes after.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just wanted add a comment. I was doing my usual Sat morning routine of the gym, then grabbing a coffee and heading home. So for our first couple of selections it was the replied on social media like twitter and Facebook where I saw reactions. OMG what a trainwreck. Coming here and reading all of your thoughts is infinitely better!

Latest posts