Tyler Huntley

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I still want Huntley. There's a few intriguing rookie QBs in the draft, but I think Huntley just needs an opportunity. I would freak to get Jayden Daniels, but he will probably be long gone.

keasley45

Reaction score
I still want Huntley. There's a few intriguing rookie QBs in the draft, but I think Huntley just needs an opportunity. I would freak to get Jayden Daniels, but he will probably be long gone.
Huntley had opportunity to really shine when Lamar finished back to back years injured. If you watched those games, it's obvious the guy is a solid backup, but that's it. And I can tell you that when when was starting for those periods, there were many in Raven's land pulling for him to play well enough that it might affect the FO's thinking on whether they'd bring Lamar back under a new deal - His place in Baltimore was less than certain. But Huntley couldn't do it with the extended audition he was provided. He always looked more impressive in preseason and spot duty. But once he was THE GUY, you could see why he was the backup.

In both years, his qbr was sub 50, and he threw more ints than TDs. That's half a season's worth of data, and his second year at the wheel didn't look any better than the first. And that was with the staff throttling way back what they expected from him.

I think he and Drew might be a wash if you were trying to figure who was the better backup. But oddly I'd rather keep Drew around for the sheer physical potential he has.

Tyler? If there was a real market for him, some team out there would have grabbed him by now. Truth is though that he's more valuable to Baltimore because his game is modeled after Lamar. He doesn't run as much or as effectively, but they don't have to change much when Huntley is in.

I just can't imagine the FO wants the cheap, Vegas Show version of Lamar calling the shots for their team.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
You'd be writing the same about Geno a few years ago. I still want Huntley, to backup Geno this year then see if he develops.

keasley45

Reaction score
You'd be writing the same about Geno a few years ago. I still want Huntley, to backup Geno this year then see if he develops.
i did write about Geno a couple of years ago and said nothing of the sort. But its fine if you want him. I wouldnt be against it. i just doubt from what ive seen last year and the year before that he's gonna be anyone's franchise guy. If folks are complaining about Geno just being a bridge, Huntley isnt any more than that. But as a backup... you could do a lot worse.

xray

Reaction score
I'd rather stick with Lock for now .

knownone

Reaction score
Huntley doesn't have the skill set to be a consistent starting quarterback. I can't imagine he'll ever develop into anything more than a backup. He's not in the same realm as Lock or Geno (a few years back), who had all the tools but haven't succeeded. He's more in that Minshew territory of guys with a hard ceiling on what they can become.