Uchenna Nwosu, leaving?

toffee

Reaction score
With drafting Derick Hall, and cap issue, could Nwosu be on his way out?

renofox

Reaction score
It'll depend on level of play this year. We now have 6 EDGE and most 3-4s tend to carry 4-5 on the roster.

Seattle Person

Reaction score

You protect yourself if he does. It's smart business. Why would Nwosu want to extend now? Last time he got to FA, he got disrespected. He wants his bag. You also can tag him next season and trade him.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I hope he stays. He’s gotta see what’s about to happen in Seattle. This years picks work out they will be in the Super Bowl by 2025.

Jville

Reaction score
Team doesn't know if or when Alton Robinson will fully recover from injury. They also shut down rookie Tyreke Smith due to hip injuries last year. That seems like plausible motives for drafting a ready to play Derick Hall for their rush sub-package rotation.

On a side note: Nwosu played 78.2% of available snaps. Most ever for his career. Darrell Taylor came in second with 39.0% of available snaps. Team needed to get Nwosu some help.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Robinson should add weight and kick inside. Have to imagine his explosiveness decreased after the knee injury.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Keep this dude around and ditch the overpaid safeties.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ROTATION, BABY, ROTATION!! PASS RUSH DEPTH!

Remember when we lost two SBs because of crappy DB depth, when Marquand Manuel went down in SBXL, and then Jeremy Lane went down in SBXLIX (49)?

Well, we still coulda won 49 but for one other factor: We were up 10 points deep into the 2nd half, then lost Cliff Avril to concussion, almost exactly coinciding with Brady and the Pats offense coming alive! With no Avril and thus no pass rush, only Avril was winning his matchups, Brady could sit back and throw darts. Gave plenty of time for Edelman and Amendola to ABUSE Tharald Simon. 1 more healthy and GOOD pass rusher, and the Pats DON'T put together 2 TD drives, and Hawks WIN SB49 without the ugly fiasco at the end.

Edge rushers get injured. They get tired. It's just the nature of what they do. Pete is trying to make sure we don't get caught short of game-altering pass rushers in big games. Someone or two will get injured, someone will get gassed, and we'll still have an effective rotation. I hope we keep Nwosu as long as we cap allows, alongside the young'uns.

Jville

Reaction score
Once the draft and rookie free agent selections/signing have concluded, I'm anticipating a contract extension for Uchenna Nwosu.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
ROTATION, BABY, ROTATION!! PASS RUSH DEPTH!

Remember when we lost two SBs because of crappy DB depth, when Marquand Manuel went down in SBXL, and then Jeremy Lane went down in SBXLIX (49)?

Well, we still coulda won 49 but for one other factor: We were up 10 points deep into the 2nd half, then lost Cliff Avril to concussion, almost exactly coinciding with Brady and the Pats offense coming alive! With no Avril and thus no pass rush, only Avril was winning his matchups, Brady could sit back and throw darts. Gave plenty of time for Edelman and Amendola to ABUSE Tharald Simon. 1 more healthy and GOOD pass rusher, and the Pats DON'T put together 2 TD drives, and Hawks WIN SB49 without the ugly fiasco at the end.

Edge rushers get injured. They get tired. It's just the nature of what they do. Pete is trying to make sure we don't get caught short of game-altering pass rushers in big games. Someone or two will get injured, someone will get gassed, and we'll still have an effective rotation. I hope we keep Nwosu as long as we cap allows, alongside the young'uns.
Well said.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
We could actually save some cap space by giving him a multi year deal and lowering the cap hit in 2023. I suspect that will happen, with how well he has played.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have been saying this for a while. Hawks have been in a situation where they could extend a few players, they will need to clear about $10 million to sign the draft picks. If they don’t extend Nwosu I expect him to be released

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
think the front office is preparing themselves for him to get the kind of offer they don't want to match next year unless they are able to extend him prior to the season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I’d rather dump Fant than Nwosu. We really have 4 OLBs: Nwosu, Hall, Mafe and Taylor. Smith and Robinson are health concerns.

warden

Reaction score
Once the draft and rookie free agent selections/signing have concluded, I'm anticipating a contract extension for Uchenna Nwosu.
Yep, a duel purpose move, free up some cap space this year and keep your best pass rusher around

sutz

Reaction score
Have to wait to see how things shake out through the OTAs and camp. Better to have too many good guys and have to lose some at cut down day than the alternative.