UDFA Tracker

Own The West

Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder if my old #30 jersey is around if Emmons makes the team...

Curhan and Eliand are both over 330. Along with Gabe Jackson, that's a lot of beef coming to town.

Own The West

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/VViking555/status/1388667440037519360[/tweet]

Jarrod Hewitt DT Virginia Tech

nanomoz

Reaction score
This seems like the strongest UDFA group in several years. And the Hawks need some inexpensive talent. They have frighteningly few players under contract next season.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Luckily, the salary cap will greatly expand next season so we'll be able to offer contracts for next season and beyond that players will actually accept.

mikeak

Reaction score
Fascinating what a focus on the offense there was in the draft and the undrafted class.

Could anyone have imagined 6 weeks into last season??

Separately Cade Johnson not playing this past year makes it a fascinating pickup

Rule

Reaction score
i wonder what year pete n john take a flier on a qb somewhere in rounds 2-4?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rule":2wppb190 said:
i wonder what year pete n john take a flier on a qb somewhere in rounds 2-4?

I don't think they'll do it until they're resolved to get rid of Russell in his advanced years, especially after Schneider watching his old team fall into absolute chaos as a result of taking a quarterback high.

Sure, Green Bay did it in the first, but still.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Very impressive group we have coming in. That Lestage is like a bulldog! He stays with it. I expect he'll find a difference in competition level but he sure has a competent mindset and the bulk to go with it. Takes on 2 guys pretty often.
I'd be surprised if we don't see some of these guys get PT.
Went in with 3 picks and turned that into what looks like a windfall class.

Jville

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1d17ug10 said:
Now that’s the mindset I like my linemen to have. Nasty.

[youtube]1GQFD6Il-yg[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/1GQFD6Il-yg

cQ3ArzpQ

“I work hard, my work ethic has been there and I’ve wanted this my entire life. It’s been on my mind alot recently, but now I can smell it, I can touch it and that is going to push me to work harder and stay there.”

“I know I’m a good player, I’ve played for a long time, it won’t be a problem for me. I’m going to go there show them the kind of person I am, football player I am and what type of work I put in and I’m sure it will be alright.”
Interesting write up >>> Meet Pier-Olivier Lestage, Montreal’s Own & Seattle’s ’21 UDFA Gem >>> [urltargetblank]https://medium.com/@studcourt/meet-pier-olivier-lestage-montreals-own-seattle-s-21-udfa-gem-12f67b2c6180[/urltargetblank]

Call from head coach Pete Carroll sealed Seahawks decision for Canadian OL Pier-Olivier Lestage >>> [urltargetblank]https://3downnation.com/2021/05/02/call-from-head-coach-pete-carroll-sealed-seahawks-decision-for-canadian-ol-pier-olivier-lestage/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=call-from-head-coach-pete-carroll-sealed-seahawks-decision-for-canadian-ol-pier-olivier-lestage[/urltargetblank]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The number of times Lestage ends up on the ground on top of the defender raises hopes.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Not having draft picks and wanting depth at OL & WR was the perfect combo for Seattle to convince those UDFA’s to come to Seattle. Terry saw Seattle had 1 big WR, the Small WR’s saw 3 open roster spots, The OL saw back guards Haynes & Simmons with the practice squad expansion.
Also it was critical that the 2019 & 2020 drafts most of those players are still thriving on the team.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I can't hardly believe we actually drafted an O-lineman who has played on an O-line before. Rhymes-with-Unable would probably be turning over in his grave right now if he wasn't still alive.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Pier-Olivier Lestage is a great name, because we can call him PO'd Lestage. Playing style reminds me of Breno Giacomini who always attacked off the line with a big-time PO'd attitude.

nwHawk

Reaction score

Own The West

Reaction score
[youtube]s8w4IgQCWJ8[/youtube]

This clip features Jake Curhan (1:52). Not impressed.

On the other hand, if any Pocic fans want to see Creed Humphrey (0:00) and Quinn Mienerz (4:02) get run over by mid-rounders, it's got that too. :lol:

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":2q584tbh said:
[youtube]s8w4IgQCWJ8[/youtube]

This clip features Jake Curhan (1:52). Not impressed.

On the other hand, if any Pocic fans want to see Creed Humphrey (0:00) and Quinn Mienerz (4:02) get run over by mid-rounders, it's got that too. :lol:

People think Meinerz is some sort of plug-and-play guy, as if he's not a D3 lineman with tape that wasn't even amazing against absolute barrel-scraping competition.

Dude's a project. A good one, but a project.

Curhan was fringe draftable, but he's got a heart condition that may or may not end his career early. I'm not surprised he looked bad at guard - he was a right tackle for his entire tenure at Cal, but profiles physically as an NFL guard. I'm not expecting him to hang on, unless he puts it together quickly.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Jville":828moznq said:
Mistashoesta":828moznq said:
Now that’s the mindset I like my linemen to have. Nasty.

[youtube]1GQFD6Il-yg[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/1GQFD6Il-yg

cQ3ArzpQ

“I work hard, my work ethic has been there and I’ve wanted this my entire life. It’s been on my mind alot recently, but now I can smell it, I can touch it and that is going to push me to work harder and stay there.”

“I know I’m a good player, I’ve played for a long time, it won’t be a problem for me. I’m going to go there show them the kind of person I am, football player I am and what type of work I put in and I’m sure it will be alright.”
Interesting write up >>> Meet Pier-Olivier Lestage, Montreal’s Own & Seattle’s ’21 UDFA Gem >>> [urltargetblank]https://medium.com/@studcourt/meet-pier-olivier-lestage-montreals-own-seattle-s-21-udfa-gem-12f67b2c6180[/urltargetblank]

Call from head coach Pete Carroll sealed Seahawks decision for Canadian OL Pier-Olivier Lestage >>> [urltargetblank]https://3downnation.com/2021/05/02/call-from-head-coach-pete-carroll-sealed-seahawks-decision-for-canadian-ol-pier-olivier-lestage/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=call-from-head-coach-pete-carroll-sealed-seahawks-decision-for-canadian-ol-pier-olivier-lestage[/urltargetblank]

"The Super Bowl XLVII champion (Wilson) stated publicly that he wanted the guard and centre positions upgraded.

Enter Lestage to compete at both spots.

Getting PT at center as a rook would be a whole lot to ask, but he sure looks like a guy to get ready for the future, or even an 'emergency' replacement.
"Lestage turned down higher amounts of cash elsewhere to ink a pact with the Seahawks."

GLio14

Reaction score
My one thing about Lestage is that he never really played against crazy big guys like there are in the NCAA or NFL. He seemed to deal with his opponents with ease. Very interested to see how he does with the big boys.

Love that we got Terry and Cade Johnson though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Surprising that Tamorrion Terry and Cade Johnson weren’t drafted. That were highly ranked WRs in all the pre-draft mocks that I saw. I wonder what caused their fall. Glad the Seahawks were able to sign them. Was also hoping for Dylan Moses but he signed with the Jags.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Those aren’t pancakes, Lestate’s waffling those guys!