US Congress says WFT broke financial laws

Mizak

Reaction score

Congress launched an investigation into the team's workplace misconduct after the league did not release a report detailing the findings of an independent probe into the matter. After testimony from former employees, that investigation expanded to the organization's finances.

looks like NFL tried to protect Snyder and WFT from probes by government, Congress got pissed and investigated and then BAM!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
The NFL provided a congressional committee with additional documents related to its investigation of the Washington Commanders’ workplace that the panel’s Democratic leaders requested last fall, partially complying with a deadline that had been set for midnight Monday.

But the House Committee on Oversight and Reform made clear in a statement that partial compliance would not be enough.
“We have been clear that the NFL must stop hiding the results of the Wilkinson investigation and fully comply with the Committee’s requests, or the Committee will have no choice but to take further action,” the statement read, referencing all documents related to attorney Beth Wilkinson’s 10-month investigation into allegations of widespread sexual harassment and mistreatment in Washington’s NFL team, including claims leveled directly at owner Daniel Snyder. “The Chairs are committed to uncovering the truth about what happened within the Washington Commanders organization and how allegations were handled by the NFL in order to inform legislative efforts to make workplaces safe for everyone

nice to piss off Congress, Goodell. Real smart move there, buddy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Goodell and the NFL owners are trying REALLY hard to lose their anti-trust privileges, of which Congress gave them, and could take away.

If this isn't the last straw with forcing the slimy scumbag that Snyder is to sell his team, idk what is.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Forcing out Snyder would be really good for the NFL. It seems like it would earn good will from pretty much everyone in the universe outside of a handful of other sacks of slime.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Goodell has been a useful idiot for the owners. Now the other owners are starting to find out he really is an idiot and cost them money. If Snyder is forced out, this would be the thing to do it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't know why it is that some people insist on blaming Roger Goodell for everything from the common cold to global warming. He's nothing but a front man for the owners with very little actual power.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^

I see what you did there.

It's so appropriate that the story is taking place in the national capital of corruption.

I don't know why so few see the folly of granting special exemptions to the law and privileges for select special interest groups. It plows the road for double standards and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't know why it is that some people insist on blaming Roger Goodell for everything from the common cold to global warming. He's nothing but a front man for the owners with very little actual power.
You have to admit Rog is solely responsible for global warming. I have to admit though, Rob Manfred is making Rog look better when you compare the 2 side by side.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It's hilarious to me when the ingrates that make up the Patriots fan base boo Goodell.

Goodell bent over backwards to do everything he could for the guy who put him where he is. Goodell was "Kraft's guy" for commissioner, and him having the job paid major dividends for Kraft. Goodell was going to let the Patriots get away with it again when they got caught cheating in "Deflategate" (he had already had the evidence destroyed to limit the damage from "Spygate" when they got caught cheating the first time), but the other 31 owners got really pissed off, so he suspended Brady for four games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Goodell was going to let the Patriots get away with it again when they got caught cheating in "Deflategate" (he had already had the evidence destroyed to limit the damage from "Spygate" when they got caught cheating the first time), but the other 31 owners got really pissed off, so he suspended Brady for four games.
Which illustrates my point. Goodell works for the owners. Even his power to suspend players is very structured and subject to appeal. Goodell is nothing more than the doorman at the entry to the whorehouse.

Last edited: