UW Huskies BB 2019-20 Thread

Tical21

Reaction score
Far better. They go 15-3 in that conference, with two losses to Gonzaga.

UW needs to get off the one-and-done train immediately. Let the kid from O'Dea go wherever he wants. I can't grasp how awful we are. And unfortunately we are very poorly coached. That's scary.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":13jyakci said:
Is Cal any better than a middle of the pack WCC team?

Cal is terrible, they probably finish in the middle of the WCC. They are one of the worst P5 teams in the country.

Tical21":13jyakci said:

UW needs to get off the one-and-done train immediately. Let the kid from O'Dea go wherever he wants. I can't grasp how awful we are. And unfortunately we are very poorly coached. That's scary.

One and dones definitely have not helped this program. Our most disappointing years have been going that route. Tony Wroten. Spencer Hawes. Fultz. Murray and Chriss (to be fair, neither were suppose to be one and done). And now Stewart and McDaniels.

The honeymoon with Hop is over, lets see how he handles some adversity. My worry is we have no one signed for 2020, that is not good. We whiffed on a lot of guys, and it looks like Hop is holding for 2021. The team will likely be bad next year, but after that there is a lot of grey area.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Tical21":24tksrj5 said:

Cal is 1-2 against the WCC this year. Their one win coming against bottom dweller Pepperdine at home. With losses to Santa Clara (much improved team) and San Fran (decent team will finish middle of the conference). Delusion is VERY strong in Tical.

Tical21

Reaction score
Again, it's very different to be in a crap conference and get up for a Pac-12 team than it is for a Pac-12 team to have to play down to a WCC team.

And I may overvalue Cal, but they executed very well in the only game I've seen them play this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don’t know about that. I honestly think Cal would likely finish behind Zags, BYU, St Mary’s and likely SF and Santa Clara. Even Romar’s Pepperdine team has some decent talent. Cal is pretty trash. Kind of says a lot about UW right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":o49084mz said:
Again, it's very different to be in a crap conference and get up for a Pac-12 team than it is for a Pac-12 team to have to play down to a WCC team.

And I may overvalue Cal, but they executed very well in the only game I've seen them play this year.
Of course they executed well. They were playing UW.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I've not watched any college basketball this year. I watched the 2nd half of Ducks-Huskies.

The Huskies have no offense. It was stagnant half court basketball with bail out long shots or teying to feed Stewart.

Ducks.. man of that's the 8th ranked team, it's a down year. They ultimately won by exploiting the holes in UWs 1-4 zone (I guess?.. weird defense. They kept calling it 2-3, but they ran 4 guys at the perimeter).

Maybe they had a bad shooting day (they did) and score 90 if they're on a bit more.

Anyways, hoped for more

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah that was one of the worst halves of basketball. Hop was great the first two years but he’s having a pretty bad year as a coach. That’s now three big leads he has blown in the last month. It sucks, because if we won this game we probably would have been back on the bubble. He’s got some very questionable rotations to go along with a stagnant half court offense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Team completely fell apart. Quade Green becoming academically ineligible really let the team down. Before his suspension UW was a fringe top 25 team, since his suspension we have been one of the worst P5 teams in the country.

Jaden McDaniels has been a huge letdown. We all knew he was raw, but I expected him to be a lot better. The kid has some maturity issues and needs more time to work on his game. He will probably be a lottery pick because of potential, but the NBA isn’t going to wait for him to develop. Like Chriss, the NBA teams will move on from him.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah, they lost the one player they couldn't afford to in Quade Greene, they just have no depth at PG. Still there's enough talent they should be better than they've been this year, no excuse there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1o39xova said:
Team completely fell apart. Quade Green becoming academically ineligible really let the team down. Before his suspension UW was a fringe top 25 team, since his suspension we have been one of the worst P5 teams in the country.

Jaden McDaniels has been a huge letdown. We all knew he was raw, but I expected him to be a lot better. The kid has some maturity issues and needs more time to work on his game. He will probably be a lottery pick because of potential, but the NBA isn’t going to wait for him to develop. Like Chriss, the NBA teams will move on from him.
I watched Anton Watson (Gonzaga Prep, Gonzaga U.) outplay McDaniels in the state championship game last Spring and wondered about the hype then. Talented kid but you could see he lacked in heart a bit. You're right about the NBA casting him aside quickly.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2comde8g said:
Hawk-Lock":2comde8g said:

I watched Anton Watson (Gonzaga Prep, Gonzaga U.) outplay McDaniels in the state championship game last Spring and wondered about the hype then. Talented kid but you could see he lacked in heart a bit. You're right about the NBA casting him aside quickly.

I believe that was the game he chose not to shake hands after the game. Also showing his maturity problems.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1jiddovw said:
hawksfansinceday1":1jiddovw said:
Hawk-Lock":1jiddovw said:

I believe that was the game he chose not to shake hands after the game. Also showing his maturity problems.
Did not ever hear that but yeah, rather telling.