Van Pran

BASF

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what service you all are using to show Van Pran as one of the top centers in the draft and taking him in the second? I have been checking multiple mocks and draft sites and most of them have him behind several other centers and not going until the earliest the third round.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It’s all opinion there are 4 centers that are all pretty good and it depends on your O line strategy who the best one is and what abilities are most valuable

IMO Van Pran I have at #4 who I feel is the least athletic, is more of a mauler good straight ahead run blocker but has problems with pass protection getting to the “spot “

For the Seahawks I like Schmitz and Wypler

massari

Reaction score
Respectable draft sites have Van Pran and John Michael Schmitz as the top 2 Centers, but Schmitz will be 24 years old by the draft. Van Pran doesn't turn 22 until October.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The best site to use for this is the consensus big board, which aggregates these big boards/mock drafts into a single list for more accurate overall rankings.

They only track IOL, rather than differentiating between center and guard, but they have Van Pran 4th.

Chevy

Reaction score
He didn't declare for the draft. We still have solid options at OC in the draft.

OP
OP
BASF

BASF

Reaction score
He didn't declare for the draft. We still have solid options at OC in the draft.
You seem to have a solid grasp of prospects Chevy. Any idea why Ricky Stromberg is yo-yoing on the draft sites?

Kinger95

Reaction score
The o line from Georgia should all be ranked super high because that offence was playing games with the opposition and gave Bennett all day back there

Chevy

Reaction score
You seem to have a solid grasp of prospects Chevy. Any idea why Ricky Stromberg is yo-yoing on the draft sites?
Ricky fits best with a zone blocking scheme and not a good fit in a power scheme. So that would be my guess why draft sites don't rate him similarly. His arm length looks a bit short for this height, which shows up when he goes against DTs with the longer arms. He looks like decent athlete, not great.

For me I would like him in the 4th round. Any earlier than that then I would feel like we reached on him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Pretty much my take as well.

Also, this happens every year. It's kind of the part of the season where my favorite 2nd/3rd round guys start moving into the R1 range. And where guys that have been penciled in as 1st round guys from the beginning of the year start moving back to their proper range.

I think it has a lot to do with just added exposure to the guys that have put up good/great tape but weren't headliners as the season started. So they didn't receive much mention or fanfare.

Stromberg is one of those guys. Although not to that R1 extreme. There are a lot of good OC prospects in this draft. That'll push Stromberg down the line most likely. Unless a specific scheme fit makes him more valuable.