Waiver Wire Wins: CB Kyu Kelly and ILB Drake Thomas

sc85sis

Reaction score

morgulon1

Reaction score

bileever

Reaction score
No other team put in a waiver claim for Thomas or Kelly. Only two waived players were claimed by more than one team, Elijah Higgins (Dolphin's 6th round pick) and Nick Broeker (Bill's 7th round pick).

It comes down to who is better at scouting and assessing talent. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yep. I think Lofa ran low 4.7 range at the combine. That dude was practically psychic from an instinct perspective though.
According to Dane Brugler's The Beast, Drake ran a 4.69 at his Pro Day... but from the little that I have seen of Drake's tape, he definitely displays the Lofa-like instincts in stopping the run. And even if he doesn't see the field on defense for us, he looks to be a plus on STs.

Fade

Reaction score
These are nice pickups.

Artie Burns is 28 years old and will be a free agent at the end of the season. Kyu is 22 and built like a classic Seattle corner with 32'' inch arms. 4 years of team control.

Drake Thomas looks like a guy that can have some value on special teams right away and might develop into a starter down the road, solid backup at worst.

Now Seattle needs to stop screwing around and go get a legit veteran NT.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I get the Drake Thomas signing because they are weak at ILB depth after Wagner, Brooks, and Bush but Kyu Blu? That one puzzles me. They have enough good players in the secondary. At CB - Riq, Devon, Coby, Artie, and Tre.
We haven’t even seen Spoon play in a game yet. I don’t trust his hammy issues at all but that’s just me. 🤷‍♀️

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
These are nice pickups.

Artie Burns is 28 years old and will be a free agent at the end of the season. Kyu is 22 and built like a classic Seattle corner with 32'' inch arms. 4 years of team control.

Drake Thomas looks like a guy that can have some value on special teams right away and might develop into a starter down the road, solid backup at worst.

Does seattle retain the full 4 years of tram control since he was claimed off waivers?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
These are nice pickups.

Perhaps we are not aware of all the ongoing attempts at acquiring that "legit veteran NT".

Just saying'.