Waldron says "8 ball time of possession"? Isn't that his job

Tokadub

Reaction score
https://www.seahawks.com/video/shan...re-points-shane-waldron-thursday-press-confer

Isn't that HIS ENTIRE JOB TO ENSURE THAT OUR OFFENSE DOES NOT PUT OUR DEFENSE INTO AN "8 ball time of possession"...

What the F is he even trying to say here???

He has a big shit eating grin like a kid on Halloween who never deserved the candy...

I don't know what to make of this quote.

He's either throwing shade at Carroll, or Wilson, or he is saying he sucks at his job and everything he does is like an "8-ball for the defense for time of possession"....

For anyone who doesn't know what an 8-ball is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball:

"A standard Magic 8 Ball has 20 possible answers, including 10 affirmative answers (●), 5 non-committal answers (●), and 5 negative answers (●)."

He is basically saying that our Offense is a magic 8 ball with a bunch of random results??? WTF??? EXPLAIN PLZ!

People need to be fired!

sutz

Reaction score
You guys really don't know what it means to be "behind the 8 ball?" :34853_doh:

Or maybe you're just practicing your gaslighting. Yeah, having all those 3 and outs puts the defense (and the offense, for that matter) "behind the 8 ball" as in in a difficult position. :34853_doh:

Jeez, get a grip.

sutz

Reaction score
I wasn't really rebutting your statement. I'm not sure I agree with it though.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Tokadub":18wgwwwi said:
https://www.seahawks.com/video/shan...re-points-shane-waldron-thursday-press-confer

Isn't that HIS ENTIRE JOB TO ENSURE THAT OUR OFFENSE DOES NOT PUT OUR DEFENSE INTO AN "8 ball time of possession"...

What the F is he even trying to say here???

He has a big $h!t eating grin like a kid on Halloween who never deserved the candy...

I don't know what to make of this quote.

He's either throwing shade at Carroll, or Wilson, or he is saying he sucks at his job and everything he does is like an "8-ball for the defense for time of possession"....

For anyone who doesn't know what an 8-ball is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball:

"A standard Magic 8 Ball has 20 possible answers, including 10 affirmative answers (●), 5 non-committal answers (●), and 5 negative answers (●)."

He is basically saying that our Offense is a magic 8 ball with a bunch of random results??? WTF??? EXPLAIN PLZ!

People need to be fired!

Oh.geez
Deep breath/fresh bong water or something, calm down please!!!
He's not using the Magic Eightball to run his offense.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Waldron: Magic 8-ball, will this pitch play work on 3rd and 1?

Magic 8-ball: "Outlook not so good"

sutz

Reaction score
If y'all gonna go with this thread, it desperately needs to be shacked. :laugh: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How do you get more time of possession?

- longer drives
- successful 1st and 2nd downs
- convert 3rd downs

It's not rocket science, but as Pete himself said after the Monday night game, and again Tuesday morning........the plays to convert 3rd downs were there, Russell didn't see the open man and/or didn't throw to the right open receiver. Thus the amazing five straight 3 and outs, and again getting dominated in TOP.

Waldron's fault? Eh, after three coordinators in four years, I'm more apt to side on the fact that it just might be the QB, not the coordinator.

Russell's conversion rate on 3rd downs this year? 30%.

30%.

justafan

Reaction score
Of all the stupid crap on this sight, the lies, the rumors, the ignorance, misinformation and THIS is thread that you want to debate in the Shack?

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jln4svh said:
How do you get more time of possession?

- longer drives
- successful 1st and 2nd downs
- convert 3rd downs

It's not rocket science, but as Pete himself said after the Monday night game, and again Tuesday morning........the plays to convert 3rd downs were there, Russell didn't see the open man and/or didn't throw to the right open receiver. Thus the amazing five straight 3 and outs, and again getting dominated in TOP.

Waldron's fault? Eh, after three coordinators in four years, I'm more apt to side on the fact that it just might be the QB, not the coordinator.

Russell's conversion rate on 3rd downs this year? 30%.

30%.

Agreed

Jerhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":3o61oagu said:
Waldron: Magic 8-ball, will this pitch play work on 3rd and 1?

Magic 8-ball: "Outlook not so good"

Thank you for the much needed laugh. Oh man this is the best thing I've read in awhile.

Waldron slams the magic 8 ball down in fury after the 3rd and 1 toss results in a 3 yard loss. Doh!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm going to go with Waldron wasn't exactly clear on what he meant. Leaving his comments to be misinterpreted wildly.