We may be way better than all of us think.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If these two teams were to play each other for three consecutive weeks, how many games can we win?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes they will be competitive albeit they are far off from a playoff team but who knows in the NFC.....Gritty win in Pete fashion but the big concern out there is the pass rush (is it good enough?) and an offense that once again was a light switch. Great in the 1st half but they did hardly anything in the 2nd half. Without the defense playing great in the red zone with stands and fumbles forced, they lose that game.
LOLOL Yeah, 'IF' the dog hadn't stopped to take a s#!t, he'd have caught the rabbit too.
I saw a lot of determination from the entire team, they made quite a few mistakes, but there were some players that performed way better than I expected, and the team will review those bumbles and make adjustments to correct for them.
I expect the competition is going to get tougher along the way, but this team is going to get better & better as the season wears on too

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, they looked a hell of a lot better than I thought they would. I think they have very good shot at knocking off Santa Clara next week. Esp. against a young QB.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I picked us to be .500. I might have to revise my prediction down a game or two, but we are going to be close to .500.

The defense is far better than I expected it to be, with us going to a new defense and a new DC, while playing many young players in the secondary.

But that was an exceptional performance.

It bothers me that Geno had the game of his life, and we still only scored 17 - winning by a single point. He is going to have to learn to play 4 quarters and score in 4 quarters. But he had a good game for what he is.
The defense was something you can build off though.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I love that the defensive earned those fumbles. They weren't just gifts from the offense, the defense ripped/punched the ball out.
Yes! Absolutely!

But all day the talking heads have been "if only the Broncos hadn't decided to fumble away those scoring opportunities they definitely would have won!"

How about - "the aggressive, pissed off, chip on their shoulders, stout goal line defense of the Seahawks slammed the door shut on the Broncos scoring chances when they stripped and recovered the ball not once, but twice."

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Yes! Absolutely!

But all day the talking heads have been "if only the Broncos hadn't decided to fumble away those scoring opportunities they definitely would have won!"

How about - "the aggressive, pissed off, chip on their shoulders, stout goal line defense of the Seahawks slammed the door shut on the Broncos scoring chances when they stripped and recovered the ball not once, but twice."
To be honest that usually a rhetoric that permeates any game tho, the “underdog” team is less likely to get credited with “earning” the win, and the perceived better team pretty much always gets blamed for “letting the other team win”, or in some form.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
If this game was scheduled in November i believe the Broncos would have won by a very comfortable margin, maybe 38-13. If you could take an honest look at that game, without rose colored glasses, you may see the Broncos actually beat themselves as much as, if not more than, the Hawks beat them. They committed a high number of mistakes that cost them dearly. I believe that is more due to no preseason play for the "stars". That seemed to be a common theme throughout the league.

Another factor in that game we must not ignore is the emotion and who was feeling it. For the Broncos, really only one guy was connected to the emotional aspect of it. But for the Hawks? Geno, Pete, almost all of the roster, the fans, the city. A virtual karma cloud right there in the stadium.

After watching Russ's press conf, it looked more than obvious that he hasn't truly and fully settled in as a Bronco yet. His just seemed like he hasn't walked out the door. Meanwhile, the Hawks were ready to shut that door. The schedule certainly didn't do him any favors.

I'm not a Wilson defender, I just want to be real about this season. There is no way I can look at this game and say the Hawks are better that we thought. That was too much of a big built up game full of bitter emotion. Next week will be a bit more telling. There won't be any background circus narrative going on.

I do believe the defense was impactful but that is never a surprise for the Hawks with Pete on the sidelines. The lose of Adams is going to hurt.

Just my 20/20 hindsight thoughts.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I've been in the camp of 8-9 wins this year. But if you look at the schedule. I don't think it's completely Ludicrous to think Seattle could be 4-1 going into the Game against the Cardinals. We have @SF, ATL, @Lions, @Saints. I think SF is the toughest of that lot. None of these teams scare you. Can Seattle lose to those guys? sure, but I think they've got a fighting chance in ALL of those games.
I'd like to think they have a fighting chance but I need to see how they react after this game. This was an emotionally charged game that they've been prepping for for 3 months. They balled out and hung on for a win at home in front of a super psyched up crowd. Can they carry that over on the road on a short week or is this game going to be the outlier? I'm not ready to say whether we match up well with any other team yet, any more than I think most other teams are ready for the same judgment. The Bills and Chiefs, I'm confident gauging their strength. After that, it's only 1 week.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
If this game was scheduled in November i believe the Broncos would have won by a very comfortable margin, maybe 38-13. If you could take an honest look at that game, without rose colored glasses, you may see the Broncos actually beat themselves as much as, if not more than, the Hawks beat them. They committed a high number of mistakes that cost them dearly. I believe that is more due to no preseason play for the "stars". That seemed to be a common theme throughout the league.

Another factor in that game we must not ignore is the emotion and who was feeling it. For the Broncos, really only one guy was connected to the emotional aspect of it. But for the Hawks? Geno, Pete, almost all of the roster, the fans, the city. A virtual karma cloud right there in the stadium.

After watching Russ's press conf, it looked more than obvious that he hasn't truly and fully settled in as a Bronco yet. His just seemed like he hasn't walked out the door. Meanwhile, the Hawks were ready to shut that door. The schedule certainly didn't do him any favors.

I'm not a Wilson defender, I just want to be real about this season. There is no way I can look at this game and say the Hawks are better that we thought. That was too much of a big built up game full of bitter emotion. Next week will be a bit more telling. There won't be any background circus narrative going on.

I do believe the defense was impactful but that is never a surprise for the Hawks with Pete on the sidelines. The lose of Adams is going to hurt.

Just my 20/20 hindsight thoughts.
Just curious - do you consider the fumbles simply costly mistakes that the Broncos made and did to themselves?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It feels like this was the kind of game you can have against an opponent that hasn't played in the preseason. As teams round into form, this kind of advantage could trickle away.

My concern is that Geno had maybe the greatest game of his life, our defense forced TWO goalline fumbles, and we won by a single point.

If the Broncos don't fumble, we could be down from anywhere from 6 points to 2 TDs. And that is with everything going our way.

It was a great win, but not sure it wasn't an indicator that things might get tough this year.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Yes they will be competitive albeit they are far off from a playoff team but who knows in the NFC.....Gritty win in Pete fashion but the big concern out there is the pass rush (is it good enough?) and an offense that once again was a light switch. Great in the 1st half but they did hardly anything in the 2nd half. Without the defense playing great in the red zone with stands and fumbles forced, they lose that game.
How do you know they are far off from being a playoff team?

The only reason people assumed we were going to win 5-7 games is because they assumed we would get nothing from the QB spot

If Geno plays solid football, no reason Seattle cant be sniffing a wild card berth late into the year

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It feels like this was the kind of game you can have against an opponent that hasn't played in the preseason. As teams round into form, this kind of advantage could trickle away.

My concern is that Geno had maybe the greatest game of his life, our defense forced TWO goalline fumbles, and we won by a single point.

If the Broncos don't fumble, we could be down from anywhere from 6 points to 2 TDs. And that is with everything going our way.

It was a great win, but not sure it wasn't an indicator that things might get tough this year.
If we dont drop two interceptions....

that game can be played all day

And didnt we force those fumbles??

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I think we are about as good as we were last year. 2 badass OL’s and Geno = Russell Wilson. Better if we find a run game.