What’s the difference between

JPatera76

Reaction score
4-3, 3-4 and the Hydrid stuff? I get lost at what I looks like at times. TEACH ME!!!! For real though.

Chawker

Reaction score
The NFL someday will be running MY 4-2 defense

4 down lineman, 2 LBs, 2CB and 3 safties. Now the three safties are key, 1 free safty, 1 strong safty, and a safty that can play both.

First and 10, run formation: LBers play tight to the middle of the field, just behind DTs. With the 2 safties playing shallow to the LOS outside of the LBs, with 1 deep safty (free safty) over the top.

Now for second down and passing downs my 4-2 defense can be manipulated to conform any plays the offense can throw at it, plus stuffing the run.

The two short safties will have to be rugged by design,with good size.

Cheers

Chawker

Reaction score
The 4-2-5 The fat nickle.

Basically you split a LB into two for 2 safties.

Opposing QBs will be looking at at 8 man front while we're playing pass. And if they try to run into it, the two short safties and the defense by design will get'em.

Cheers

projectorfreak

Reaction score
So many different designs and play options
Only way you can get into an offense head is by bringing different stuff every play and making sure you can cover whatever they have planned so basically just raise havoc and create a rotating D that makes an offense never know what's going to be keyed on so the Play caller , getting into the flow of the game is by far the most important thing you can have , on both sides
Basically on D , you have to freak out the opposing qb so he has Zero idea what to do and do the same thing on Offense
Thank god we got what I firmly believe is an upgrade in both department
We'd have won at least 2 more games last year if we had played attacking football as opposed to don't lose the game ball
Sorry PETE , I love you but it was time , and if I see you at a gym or a bar the drinks will always be on me