What Did The NYG Coaches See About the Run D at Half-time?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I shall probably review it tomorrow if I feel like it...but what they saw was a defensive line that can be exploited. They can be pushed around and as they are trying to attack the Colt, they miss the little target going by them. There were holes I could take a walker thru that were easy to pass. The gap force was weak if not nonexistant. The BEAR front had no paws and no claws. I dont know if they were trying to get their feet under them to gain advantage...but they did not gain it. There were stops, but they were few.

Just my take.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Poor tackling was one cause. Odd gaps on the D-line was another. Poor angles by the LBs and (occasionally) the safeties. The Giants came out with smash mouth football and the defense could not respond those two drives. Otherwise, the defense played fairly well all afternoon.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think maybe the D simply got tired from lack of offense.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the D expected pass instead of the run? Pin your ears back and let it RIP, oops, guessed wrong!

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1b4oyveo said:
I think maybe the D simply got tired from lack of offense.
Yup, the offense made the D's job 10X harder today with the lack of sustained drives. The D played as well as we could hope. Yes, the got exploited a couple three times, but the D played well enough to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Diggs was out of position on the big run. He bit inside and got caught up in the muck.
Don’t know if he was freelancing or what on that play.

Latest posts