Michigan v Bama (Much fun game)
Washington v Texas Better game.

But if we went

1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. FSU 4. Texas

Michigan v Texas
Washington v FSU ( Boring)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Do they take that into consideration? It seems like most years the comments from the playoff committee look at record, who they've beat, did they win conference championship, etc.

I've never heard them say "this team has X injuries currently, so we ranked them lower",, though I admit I don't read all comments every year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
ESPN projecting
UM
UW
UT
Bama
UGA
FSU

fenderbender123

Reaction score
ESPN projecting
UM
UW
UT
Bama
UGA
FSU

I saw that.

CBS and NCAA.com are both predicting:

Michigan
UW
FSU
Texas

Who really knows at this point. I think you have to put FSU in, but I also get the pressure they might be under to include the SEC champ, too.

QWERTY

Reaction score
It’s nothing about SEC it’s about who are the top 4 teams and when Travis went down it’s all over. Same thing if Penix was out, etc

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Have they historically done that, though? I'm curious.

I think "best current team" only jumps in as a tiebreaker if they can't decide who's "most deserving".

Ozzy

Reaction score
My guess is it’s Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU/Alabama. I think they want to set it up so the national championship game is Michigan vs Texas and not Washington for ratings

Weadoption

Reaction score
FSU without Jordan Travis is not one of the top four teams, but they will get in anyways.
Georgia is a vastly superior team to FSU.

NoGain

Reaction score
As far as I know, the ONLY criteria the CFP committee has is to put who they think are the four best teams in the country in the playoff. So there's nothing you can really hold them to as far as record or conference championship or the like.

NoGain

Reaction score
This wouldn't surprise me...

1) UW
2) Michigan
3) Texas
4) Alabama

To me, there are as many as four different scenarios that wouldn't surprise me.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Michigan, UW & Florida St. have punched their ticket. The last spot comes down to Texas & Alabama. But Texas beat Bama head to head. Easy call.

NoGain

Reaction score
What I thought was going to happen happened...

1) Michigan
2) UW
3) Texas
4) Alabama

I thought there was an outside chance it could be...

1) UW
2) Michigan
3) Texas
4) Alabama

...because UW had the harder schedule and the harder opponent in their conference championship game.

I pretty much thought FSU was going to get screwed, and that they wouldn't keep the SEC out of it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Georgia dropped to 6th? Wow. Georgia loses for the first time in 30 games and they drop that far. FSU has injured QB's, no way the committee would put them in. Texas is 3rd? Wow ok great match up then for UW.

UW will spank Texas.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the Huskies vs Texas? I haven’t watched them much

NoGain

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the Huskies vs Texas? I haven’t watched them much
They're big and tough up front on D. Perhaps the strength of their team. If I had to say off the top of my head what I think, if UW moves the ball on the Texas D, I give a slight edge to the Huskies. I also like DeBoer more as a head coach than Sarkesian. He's just a steadier hand on the wheel than Sark, IMO.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They're big and tough up front on D. Perhaps the strength of their team. If I had to say off the top of my head what I think, if UW moves the ball on the Texas D, I give a slight edge to the Huskies. I also like DeBoer more as a head coach than Sarkesian. He's just a steadier hand on the wheel than Sark, IMO.
Fully agree. I’m pretty impressed with Deboer honestly. Huskies are healthy at the right time too. Surprised they started off as 4.5 underdogs but nationally they tend to do what with the west coast so I get it.

Chawker

Reaction score
Florida St. Got screwed pretty bad, and they deserved to be in over Alabama. I know all the ttalking points so spare me of your viewing facts, 12-0 deserve some respect and so does Florida St.

What ever bowl game Florida St goes to I'd refuse to take the field in protest.

Those kids earned that much.

NoGain

Reaction score
Florida St. Got screwed pretty bad, and they deserved to be in over Alabama. I know all the ttalking points so spare me of your viewing facts, 12-0 deserve some respect and so does Florida St.

What ever bowl game Florida St goes to I'd refuse to take the field in protest.

Those kids earned that much.
Florida State will likely meet Georgia in the Orange Bowl, I believe. Imagine if FSU beats Georgia in that game. LOL. It will just be salt in the wound.