What scares you about this matchup?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
1. Belechick's eligible/ineligible so-quick-you-might-miss-it sleight of hand. It's even confusing for the refs - the Patriots scored a touchdown in the Colts game with an illegal substitution that was never called. There's still confusion swirling about referee hand signals, etc. If they do the whole "Hey ref - this guy's eligible and this other one isn't...and hike!" it's tantamount to cheating IMO.
This is what worries me also. Gronk to a lesser extent (but I believe they can force him outside and control him somewhat by doing that).

seanoob

Reaction score
StoneCold":2syhbq5n said:
I'm afraid Kam will kill someone on the field and congress will ban football.

SC

This post is awesome. Thank you.

aawolf

Reaction score
LTH":18q7i8na said:
pehawk":18q7i8na said:
So, what is causing you concern or nervousness heading into this game? Here's a few of mine.

I am comcerned about not setting the tone early because of penalties... having situations that give us 3rd and 3 and then a penalty that makes it 3-13 and not converting these early... I am concerned about defensive penalties that keep NE drives going because its going to be hard enough stopping their big TE... the hawks are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL and although the Hawks have managed to avoid losing games because of this its is something the Pats will take advatage of because of the quality of there team and the experience of Brady....

I think its important to have long sustained drives to control TOP to keep our D fresh ,control the clock and keep brady off the field and on the side line where he belongs....

LTH

I was about to post pretty much this same thing--PENALTIES have killed us consistently this year, especially on offense. The holding, the false starts, the hands-to-the-face, ect. Keeping us from 3rd and manageable and draggins us into 3rd and long and digging us into a hole. Cut that crap out and we should be able to move the ball against the Patriots.

jackflash50

Reaction score
Living in CT I am in a sea of Patriot fans. The only good thing about it was I was driving distance to last years big game. Didn't hurt that compared to the $7400 ticket price right now, me paying under $2K was a great deal.
Now onto the game.
I am not as worried about Blount as Brady. Patriots have shown many times that as soon as the running game isn't going well they just tuck it away and allow Brady to throw. (see Raven's game or last years game against the Broncos in the playoffs). Getting pressure on Brady is my concern. Until they started bringing the blitz against Rogers he had all day to throw the ball. Look for the to try and hit Amendola and Edelman (spelling) on short crosses. If the Seahawks can set the tone early and level one of them they may fear going across again.
I worry about ETIII coming up to lay the big hit though. A separated shoulder healed after 2 weeks is not fully healed. I can't imagine him bringing the same intensity and trying to lay someone out. Not against Gronk.
The key in my opinion is to pick on Browner & Chung. Browner can be beat by the double move and I can see a big 3rd down penalty against him or him getting burned deep. Chung is good against the run but avg vs the pass.
I am all over the place here but it comes down to Wilson playing a sound game and not trying to force anything. NFCCG was the first time I have seen Wilson repeatedly try and force the ball rather than playing it safe and throwing the ball away.
I really do not want to come to work on Monday and face the numerous clueless Patriot fans I'm forced to see. They can tell you Tom Brady but act as though they are the worlds biggest fan. I'm fine with liking a team if you don't know that much about them however don't act like you are Mr. #1 fan if you know very little about the team.

Largent80

Reaction score
What really scares me is that we might see Jon Ryans TD face again. Actually, I would LOVE to see that face.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Scares me most is 3 and out Beville.

Youre all here talking as ifnthe pats are 100-2. They have lost. I have seen them. They are going to score against any defense. They will score less on ours. Our offense has to score 33 points and we'll win by 10. Thats not saying if we score 24 we'll win by one. If we *only* score 24, we'll lose by 3.

We dont have to blow any pats " oh boy they are soooooo good" we have to score. We cannot have more than 2 consecutive possessions with iut scoring. 5 minute possessions dink and dunk too. Ram it down their frigging throats. Convert.

When thye have the ball blitz.

Largent80

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":34ytxjdz said:
Scares me most is 3 and out Beville.

Youre all here talking as ifnthe pats are 100-2. They have lost. I have seen them. They are going to score against any defense. They will score less on ours. Our offense has to score 33 points and we'll win by 10. Thats not saying if we score 24 we'll win by one. If we *only* score 24, we'll lose by 3.

We dont have to blow any pats " oh boy they are soooooo good" we have to score. We cannot have more than 2 consecutive possessions with iut scoring. 5 minute possessions dink and dunk too. Ram it down their frigging throats. Convert.

When thye have the ball blitz.

Ummmm....... :thirishdrinkers: Have another.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
a couple of things worry me. Right now it appears that our team is pretty lose and the guys are having a good time. You don't hear much from the Pats. They are all business like we were last year.

and like most have said Belichick / Brady and two weeks prep time worries me. BB will have come up with a devious plan and what ever it is they will execute it. On the other hand I worry that we are going to just rely on doing what we do and just out executing them. I hope I'm wrong because its very very difficult to out execute those two.
I would like to have some surprises for Belichick because he will have plenty for us.

Laloosh

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3dprx8am said:
a couple of things worry me. Right now it appears that our team is pretty lose and the guys are having a good time. You don't hear much from the Pats. They are all business like we were last year.

and like most have said Belichick / Brady and two weeks prep time worries me. BB will have come up with a devious plan and what ever it is they will execute it. On the other hand I worry that we are going to just rely on doing what we do and just out executing them. I hope I'm wrong because its very very difficult to out execute those two.
I would like to have some surprises for Belichick because he will have plenty for us.

Actually, Denver was all business last year. It was reported on heavily and was joked about by Denver sports radio. It gave them "confidence" about the outcome based on observing the two teams. Seattle was dancing and listening to music during practice.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am a bit concerned about special teams. Amendola has been a good punt returner. I feel like something as simple as field position could be crucial.

The pats getting away with their rub game, and Gronk getting away with pushing off at the top of his routes.

Stupid penalties by our guys.

Those are my only real concerns.

kearly

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":309pnwxm said:
kearly":309pnwxm said:
3. Gronk. He's only semi-finesse. I think he'll get 10-15 catches in this game, with a low YPC.
I hope you're not buying into gronk not liking being pressed. He is as far from finesse as a football player gets. He can be shut down but thinking a de clipping him is going to make him back down is crazy

You do realize that I listed Gronk as a problem area for Seattle, predicted he might have a huge game, and said he's not quite as finesse as some make him out to be right? I'm the guy in Gronk's corner. You need brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Pass rush for sure. Our coverages can handle any team, but we need a push inside.

We are as fearsome as any defense in history when we can line Avril and Bennett next to each other and get in the QBs face, but if there is no push up the middle even Brady can squirm away.

Bennett can move inside and that usually forces a RB to stay and block. Hopefully we bring blindside heat from Irvin.

Oh, and hopefully the Patriots D is like every other team we face. They leave a spy on Wilson, thus taking him out of position and coverage but it never works. #3 always gets his yards on the ground.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":owbvjfb6 said:
Pressure against Brady. If we give him the time we gave Rogers we will be in for a looooong day.

This.......x1000

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage.

None of that run on 1st and throw on 2nd and 3rd. The entire team plays better when they have to run. Save the passes for play action later on when the Pats are just beat and they think the Hawks are going to run. Bevell, let Marshawn win this game. He deserves it and the media deserves to be forced to report what he did.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2p5qzbnj said:
The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage.

None of that run on 1st and throw on 2nd and 3rd. The entire team plays better when they have to run. Save the passes for play action later on when the Pats are just beat and they think the Hawks are going to run. Bevell, let Marshawn win this game. He deserves it and the media deserves to be forced to report what he did.
And he waited until the end to screw us one last time. Game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What scared me was our coordinators. We have a DC who is now the head coach of another team and an OC with a mickey mouse pewee league playbook.

Latest posts