What's the stadium currently called?

What's the stadium called this week?

• Seahawks Stadium

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Lumen (whatever that's not even a thing)

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Clink

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Qwest (Or Quest or Kwest or something)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Hawkstorian Field

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • That place near downtown where they play football and the beer is usually cold.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jman316

Reaction score
It will always be Seahawks Stadium to me.

For a brief moment, I thought that something beautiful had happened.... a modern stadium that didn't sell its naming rights!

But alas, one year later, the dream was over. And now we've went through how many name changes? I think it's weird to change the name of a place. Once it's named, that should be it. Nicknames aside, this pick your sponsor bullsh!t just makes me sick.

Plus, why the frack isn't it named after Paul Allen?

Lumen Field at Paul G. Allen Memorial Stadium

You can change the sponsor, just not the stadium.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's gone from the CLink to the Loo.

Right down the crapper.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maulbert":3rq0urv2 said:
ivotuk":3rq0urv2 said:
BASF":3rq0urv2 said:
The House That Tez Built

Ooo000oooo I LIKE that one!

Tez is one of my Heroes. A real man there.

The House that Paul Built would be more accurate.

Tez's last season he played in Husky stadium. Never played for the team at Seahawks Stadium

Jville

Reaction score
All those former names have have lost their meaning. :229031_shrug:

For sometime now I've heard it referred to as the Empty Stadium.

BASF

Reaction score
sdog1981":2zyevs6t said:
Maulbert":2zyevs6t said:
ivotuk":2zyevs6t said:
BASF":2zyevs6t said:
The House That Tez Built

Ooo000oooo I LIKE that one!

Tez is one of my Heroes. A real man there.

The House that Paul Built would be more accurate.

Tez's last season he played in Husky stadium. Never played for the team at Seahawks Stadium

It is more me giving him credit for putting butts in the seats during the lean years that led to the almost move and for him refusing to play for the Los Angeles Seahawks.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
For some reason every time I see "Lumen" it reminds me of "Hymen" or some vaguely technical medical thing

sdog1981

Reaction score
BASF":1qceqdqn said:

It is more me giving him credit for putting butts in the seats during the lean years that led to the almost move and for him refusing to play for the Los Angeles Seahawks.[/quote]

I got ya. I was just being a little dense.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2h8dnsn0 said:
For some reason every time I see "Lumen" it reminds me of "Hymen" or some vaguely technical medical thing

Lumen is too gentle a name for a primarily gridiron stadium, even for something as powerfully amazing as light energy.

The name should be one that opposing teams come to fear. This word will never generate that kind of trepidation, though we were to win every game there this season.

But by all means, let's win every game there anyway, and let the Seattle Seahawk fans be loud enough to regain their reputation!

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not new having the name itself be kinda underwhelming (Qwest? CenturyLink?) but this time it happening when fans were not there makes it feel less real. I'll probably just call it the Hawks stadium.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I was in Cleveland last week, and the local newsw was talking about some event at some place which I assume was a sporting venue but I really had no idea what they were referring to. I'm thinking -- JUST CALL IT THE PLACE WHERE THE INDIANS OR BROWNS OR CAVS PLAY, at least I would know something. Why local media is beholden to keep using the fake corporate moniker when they get nothing in return baffles me.

Corporate logos on stadiums means absolutely nothing except as a business transactions between the sponsor and sponsee. As a fan, it is meaningless.

sutz

Reaction score
Code:
Hawkstorian":1bummtth said:
I was in Cleveland last week, and they were talking about some event at some place which I assume was sporting venue but I really had no idea what they were referring to. I'm thinking -- JUST CALL IT THE PLACE WHERE THE INDIANS OR BROWNS OR CAVS PLAY, at least I would know something. Why local media is beholden to keep using the fake corporate moniker when they get nothing in return baffles me.

Corporate logos on stadiums means absolutely nothing except as a business transactions between the sponsor and sponsee. As a fan, it is meaningless.
I'm with you. Unfortunately, the media corps have contracts with the sports corps that says the talking heads HAVE to use the corporate names. It's all about the benjamins.

It's still really Seahawks Stadium to me.