What's with the scatalogical celebrations?

253hawk

Reaction score
Bunch of Joe Bucks in here. That's not even what Sherman was doing. He was saying "Hey, buddy, take a seat on the bench. Coach sat you down because you're getting whooped."

Gametime

Reaction score
JPatera76":2my24gke said:
Idc what sherm does. One thing he had that game thats looked to be missing all season was his swagger and cockiness. And i loved seeing it back and him being him.

:13:

That cockiness, while sometimes over the top, is why I got to freeze my butt off watching a parade. Politeness in physical warfare is not an asset.

We should have a "Genital vs Fecal" celebration poll. Hahaha.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sherman got an unpsortsmanlike conduct flag for taunting.

Don't know if for the refs it fell under 12-3(1)b or 12-3(1)c, but by pointing and gesturing over to Brown on the sideline in a disparaging way is a 15 yard flag every time.

For Baldwin pretending to take a crap was only a penalty because the way he did it fell under 12-3(1)f, using the ball as a prop.

As long as it's not directed at anyone,it's not collaborative and it doesn't use the ball there's no unsportsmanlike penalty for pretending to take a crap.

Pointing at a player from another team on the sideline and yelling and taunting them is always gonna be a penalty, though.

As for Sherman, Baldwin, Lynch, etc., I'm not even remotely offended by any of the gestures, but if I were a Hawks fans they'd all definitely bother me for two reasons:

1) These types of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are entirely preventable and materially hurt the team with the yardage mark offs for them.

2) Doing stuff like this just makes the team as a whole look undisciplined and out of control.

TO BE CLEAR I'm not concern trolling about that, as I've said the exact same thing this year about Patton on the 9ers, and said the same thing last year about Boldin.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I'm 250 lbs. let me run into you a couple of times full speed or have you sprint after sprint after sprint and see how you keep your edge. On field antics are a way of staying up.

Other than getting paid more for going deeper into the offseason, rivalries are by far over played marketing drama and exist mostly in us fans heads.

In 20 years were going to learn that football is as fixed as pro wrestling. Have fun with the entertainments.

ava

Reaction score
RussB":uj2s7yuf said:
DIdnt sherman say he was trying to show Brown hes sitting on the bench.?

You don't really believe that right? He flat out lied. Just like Palmer did when he said his crotch thrust was directed at his friends....

drcool

Reaction score
I don't really think Sherman was taking a dump. More just "I just pulled your pants down when I tipped that ball away".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2cpfsoxr said:
Bunch of Joe Bucks in here. That's not even what Sherman was doing. He was saying "Hey, buddy, take a seat on the bench. Coach sat you down because you're getting whooped."
This^

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2lcpk6wh said:
RussB":2lcpk6wh said:
DIdnt sherman say he was trying to show Brown hes sitting on the bench.?
Maybe he was making a statement about the guy's last name.

Sherm : Here is what Brown did for me.
Maybe he was saying he just did Brown.

253hawk

Reaction score
Now THIS is taking off your pants to take a dump.

200x200px-ZC-362bd876_RandyMossMoon.gif

Sherm was just pulling up a bench. I had to laugh at Buck's trauma being triggered when he thought that's what he was doing, to. And then giving Aikman grief about not having his back. Great that he can laugh at himself a little, realizing that the NFL can be more fun than snoozeball.

OP
OP
Thunderhawk

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Hadn't seen Sherm ' s explanation. Seems highly suspicious. I think Goodell needs to get involved. Poopgate is a stain on the shield.

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":381wmfno said:
1) These types of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are entirely preventable and materially hurt the team with the yardage mark offs for them.

This idea is one thing that grates me - we won 30-6, so no material damage was done.
The Baldwin turd - Patriots went 3 and out following that penalty and we got the ball off a punt, penalty was immaterial in the end.

When it DOES hurt the team I get a bit more annoyed - think Sherman taunting the Rams after they had 3 failed attempts from our 1 yard line back in 2011 or 12 (can't remember for sure) - actually I liked that taunting but I was mad it gave them a fresh set of downs from half a yard out - but we held them three more times (the moment I knew this defense was something spectacular), so I was OK with it. Had we lost the game I'd have fumed, but as long as no harm done, no ill will.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
253hawk":htm8crja said:
Now THIS is taking off your pants to take a dump.

200x200px-ZC-362bd876_RandyMossMoon.gif

Sherm was just pulling up a bench. I had to laugh at Buck's trauma being triggered when he thought that's what he was doing, to. And then giving Aikman grief about not having his back. Great that he can laugh at himself a little, realizing that the NFL can be more fun than snoozeball.

My take was that Joe Buck actually thought Moss had mooned the crowd, and then had to stick by his assessment when he realized that the Wide Receiver hadn't.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1d89tby2 said:
Sherman got an unpsortsmanlike conduct flag for taunting.

Don't know if for the refs it fell under 12-3(1)b or 12-3(1)c, but by pointing and gesturing over to Brown on the sideline in a disparaging way is a 15 yard flag every time.

For Baldwin pretending to take a crap was only a penalty because the way he did it fell under 12-3(1)f, using the ball as a prop.

As long as it's not directed at anyone,it's not collaborative and it doesn't use the ball there's no unsportsmanlike penalty for pretending to take a crap.

Pointing at a player from another team on the sideline and yelling and taunting them is always gonna be a penalty, though.

As for Sherman, Baldwin, Lynch, etc., I'm not even remotely offended by any of the gestures, but if I were a Hawks fans they'd all definitely bother me for two reasons:

2) Doing stuff like this just makes the team as a whole look undisciplined and out of control.

TO BE CLEAR I'm not concern trolling about that, as I've said the exact same thing this year about Patton on the 9ers, and said the same thing last year about Boldin.
Let's try and be somewhat honest here, almost ALL players like to taunt & put a rub on each other multiple times, in nearly every game, to which the referees are sometimes throwing a flag for some gestures, and other times they just let it slide at their own discretion.
I agree that some times, it gets a little childish, but 15 Yards for a gesture equates to a 15 Yarder for a Face Mask?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":25gffyic said:
Meh. He doesn't really "pull his pants down." His arms are extended out like he's going to sit on a bench. And then he points to Brown who's on the bench. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me, though I can see why it was construed a different way.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/683797638332850176[/tweet]
I agree wit this observation.
And for the moment, just to offend the fuddy duddies...FART!!!